Author Topic: In a quandry here any advice will be welcome  (Read 767 times)

Online CC27

In a quandry here any advice will be welcome
« on: September 26, 2022, 01:04:32 PM »
gibraltar72 (6,808 posts)

In a quandry here any advice will be welcome

as many of you know I am hard by Christian Nationalist Hillsdale College. My county is a mix of hard right Trumpers and Christo fascists. I am from the Democratic wing of the Democratic party. A Facebook group I belong to is made up of Dem leaning/ progressive people and largely a counterbalance to the hate spewed by the other county groups. Admins. recently held a meeting face to face asked us how we could do more good for community and share ideas. I fully intended to go though it would take a great deal of effort. I had a couple of ideas I thought would work. Chief among those was for members to fund a fellowship program for graduating seniors. I thought that would make a splash and let county know about the group and our goals. I suggested to apply they would submit a research paper on topic of their choice. I suggested Democracy, Womens rights, systemic racism, civil rights for all and voting rights for all. Reasoning that this would be a pushback against the racist intolerant ideas common around these parts. This was scheduled for Sat. in a local park.

Flash back to middle of week get a message that local Dem party has endorsed current Mayor of Hillsdale for reelection. Mayor is a supporter of forced birth, Christian Nationalism, guns for everyone, ending public education and said he didn't care how many died during Covid. Imagine my shock I actually went to our Dem Facebook page and found it was true. Mayors opponent is a joke and will probably get 10% of the vote. I protested that we had just condoned all these behaviors. Got a lot of pushback from current Dem officers saying crap about the alternative candidate was worse. I told them this was an own goal and to reconsider putting our stamp of approval on this. It kind of turned into a pissing contest on both sites. This wasn't my intent. Have since heard from someone much higher in Dem food chain nothing will improve from giving ground.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217196367

WTF is point of this BS??

Online 67 Rover

Re: In a quandry here any advice will be welcome
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:21:09 PM »

I am going with the most likely conclusion, that this DUmmie will be starting a Go fund me account because reasons.  :popcorn:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »

Test-thread for a potential AOC dating-site.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 01:50:51 PM »
Word salad with Virtue-Signal vinaigrette. Reading between the Hate-Epithetic-lines, I think it's whining that local Dems are insufficiently Prog and some/many don't sufficiently hate those they are supposed to hate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 04:59:42 PM »
My advice is move to Venezuela :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 05:24:48 PM »
gibraltar72 (6,820 posts)

25. Every day this site awes me with it's depth.

My Dem candidate for state Senate has reached out to me on this. She is very linked in with state Dems. I think she'll mention this to higher ups.

Yeah, yeah. Me too. Depth of manure you Muppets swim around in.  :loser:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 05:38:24 PM »
Why would a proglodyte willingly sign up for and attend Hillsdale College? Knowing that it's most definitely conservative?

Did this turd get a free-ride scholarship and still can't figure out which end is up?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 07:25:08 PM »
These posts were funny in that “I actually believe this lunacy” sorta way.

Quote from:
calimary

(snip)

22. And stay in touch here at DU. There are so many great writers, thinkers, analysts, and activists posting here, and they generate tons of ideas, talking points, resource material and links, relevant life-experience perspectives, great on-defense strategies, well-thought-out arguments, and more. And they can be found all over this site.

This isn’t just a website or a chat room. It’s an online think tank!!!

Quote from:
gibraltar72

25. Every day this site awes me with it's depth.

Yea, depth of stupidity.  :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Quote from:
Brainfodder

9. Govt should take over the 3 channels IMHO.

Apologizes on air every day before you speak on your show, for a month, or welcome to life in prison, whose turning down that deal?

K.I.S.S.

Thank you, comrade Stalin.  :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 10:44:38 AM »

Here is my advice:

1. Learn to spell "quandary;"
     2. **** off.

In any order you choose, DUmmy.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 10:53:17 AM »
Posted by a DU moron:

Calimary

22. And stay in touch here at DU. There are so many great writers, thinkers, analysts, and activists posting here, and they generate tons of ideas, talking points, resource material and links, relevant life-experience perspectives, great on-defense strategies, well-thought-out arguments, and more. And they can be found all over this site.

Really how come this "awesome" DU banned me after three postings all of them in favor in supporting a democrat Senator the right to debate with other democrats on a stage.

Maybe it was my name that had them screaming in terror?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 11:16:01 AM »
Posted by a DU moron:

Calimary

Really how come this "awesome" DU banned me after three postings all of them in favor in supporting a democrat Senator the right to debate with other democrats on a stage.

Maybe it was my name that had them screaming in terror?

Well, you are pretty ubiquitous on Internet discussion forums, past and present. Glad you're back in the Cave!

If Calimary's wasn't satiric, it really illustrates the depth of the unwarrantedness of DU-grade Progs' superiority complex.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 11:30:22 AM »
I was banned by DU about 14 years ago but yes, I have posted in numerous forums, but some have died out on me mainly because of stupid lazy ass owners who don't maintain and protect their forums.

Liberty Dwells forum failed because the stupid owner despite my suggestions never made regular backups and didn't maintain good security to the file system thus the hack when it came was total destruction.

Globalic warming forum failed because the incompetent owner didn't know how to block spammers which were coming by the bushel daily thus collapsed when THOUSANDS of spamming members flowed in crashing the server and with no backups made it go in the failed forum cemetery in Stephen Kings back yard.

Bouncers forum died despite that I suggested by e-mails what the ignorant owner can do to stop the repeated hackings and spamming he banned me and ran off forcing the Moderator to restore me to help her convince him to temporary shut down the forum to clean it up and fix up the security which he of course ignored thus failed shortly afterwards.

I have watched good forums go to waste because of bad owners and I was a member in every one of them....

Not even going to talk about Free Conservatives forum failure as it pains me to think about it...., but here it is anyway:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080701054239/http://www.freeconservatives.com/
I was a member there from January 2005 to the betrayal of the last owner in 2011 who walks away without a word in the middle of the revival process with me as his Site Administrator that pissed me off as I could have taken over if he cared about keeping the place alive.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140214183620/http://www.freeconservatives.com/ which means the dumbass was keeping the server running but no viable forum.

vBulletin Message

Sorry, the board is unavailable while we set up the new site.
We will be back soon...

That was dated February 14, 2014

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 01:14:20 PM »

Great writers. Teb and the chocolate lab  :rotf:
Mfd thinking how to scam you all :lol:
Analysts figuring out the best way to pick out fly shit from pepper  :-)
Tons of good ideas n how to collect ssi :thatsright:
Talking points Trump is bad
Life experience like how to keep chickens in a van
It’s an on line septic tank

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2022, 01:51:55 PM »

she's actually gushing.  :loser:    :lmao:

It's a good thing I never go to DU. I'd be launching projectile vomit at this stage.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2022, 03:00:58 PM »
Great writers. Teb and the chocolate lab  :rotf:
Mfd thinking how to scam you all :lol:
Analysts figuring out the best way to pick out fly shit from pepper  :-)
Tons of good ideas n how to collect ssi :thatsright:
Talking points Trump is bad
Life experience like how to keep chickens in a van
It’s an on line septic tank

Buggee/Baltimike on gaslighting and Russia, Russia, Russia.

Creative uses for cinder blocks and chicken wire.

TV remote storage.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2022, 05:23:00 PM »
How could anyone forget the tv remote storage :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-) :-) :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 08:19:23 PM »
How could anyone forget the tv remote storage :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-) :-) :-)

Apparently I have. On top of the coffee table?  :shrug:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2022, 08:51:42 PM »
Doug Bulna, IIRC.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 06:46:18 AM »
I'm shocked that none of you mentioned the aching seed seminar
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 10:03:15 AM »
calimary

(snip)

A whole lot of words when  "Morbidly obese, lazy welfare mooching SSI stealing, intolerant stupid communist" would be a complete descriptor. Dear DUchebags, brevity is the soul of wit.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.