Author Topic: Tired Tuesday(the day thread)  (Read 4409 times)

Offline jtyangel

Tired Tuesday(the day thread)
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »
Good morning, cave dwellers...ooh, that makes us sound like primitives doesn't it :thatsright: :-)

I've got a full day ahead, as is the norm when I'm in the midst of school. Cleaning needs done. It is cold, cold, cold outside this morning. Maybe 20 degrees. Time is going fast this winter though so it will be over soon enough. That's one thing I hate about cold weather, I wish the time forward and faster--time I don't really want to lose. I think so much life is missed in this miserable, crappy weather though. Yeah, someone's got the gray sky winter blahs :shucks: :baby: I'll get a coffee to make it all better in a little bit and get the blood flowing with a walk or something.

TOTD: Favorite fruit pie and toppings if any. I need a light topic today...hopefully I'm not the only one.

I love apple pie with the crumbly stuff on top. When I need some real comfort food, I'll get that for a desert for everyone, put vanilla bean ice cream on it and a quick dash of caramel on top. It's very sweet though so that's a rarity that I do that.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Tired Tuesday(the day thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
Good morning, cave dwellers...ooh, that makes us sound like primitives doesn't it :thatsright: :-)

I've got a full day ahead, as is the norm when I'm in the midst of school. Cleaning needs done. It is cold, cold, cold outside this morning. Maybe 20 degrees. Time is going fast this winter though so it will be over soon enough. That's one thing I hate about cold weather, I wish the time forward and faster--time I don't really want to lose. I think so much life is missed in this miserable, crappy weather though. Yeah, someone's got the gray sky winter blahs :shucks: :baby: I'll get a coffee to make it all better in a little bit and get the blood flowing with a walk or something.

TOTD: Favorite fruit pie and toppings if any. I need a light topic today...hopefully I'm not the only one.

I love apple pie with the crumbly stuff on top. When I need some real comfort food, I'll get that for a desert for everyone, put vanilla bean ice cream on it and a quick dash of caramel on top. It's very sweet though so that's a rarity that I do that.
Punkin' Pie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:21:45 AM »

Punkin' Pie.

Anyway, you slice it, that pie is good.  :naughty:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »
Cold and still light snow falling through the night here.
Jetty says it perfectly for those of us that don`t like winter weather,you wish for spring but that means wishing half the year away and the other half disappears in the blink of an eye.

TOTD:Cherry or Strawberry Rhubarb.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:35:30 AM »
The usual standard customary January day in the Sandhills of Nebraska, but one detects a slight microscopic fleeting sense that spring is coming.

I dunno about pies; I tend to like those with real fruit in them, and not the sugar-laden chemical stuff--that is to say, apple or cherry or rhubarb or pumpkin or &c., &c., &c.--they all fit the bill--but not "chocolate" "pudding" or "lemon" "custard" or somesuch teeth-decayers and waist fatteners.

If it's a pie, and it's made out of real fruit, it's good.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:45:01 AM »
Tired Tuesday was definitely a good way to sum this day up for me.  Woke up a couple hours earlier then I wanted to, and had to struggle to stay awake the last couple hours of work.

A good day though.  Snowing pretty good right now, so there will probably be a few more inches of snow on the ground in the morning.  Work went smoothly, if a little slow.  Not much to complain about.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:00:18 AM »
my dog needed to go out early this morning.. i got up to check the weather...

yup.. its a snow day.

TOTD: homemade pecan pie... with real whipped cream..

Offline redwhit

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:14:45 AM »
Blueberry.

Something to think about making after school.

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 08:25:36 AM »
Quiet day for me.  Kitchen is already clean.  Need to make some banana bread before the bananas get too far gone.

Going to go to the library this afternoon when I pick the kids up.

Tonight is dance and basketball.

I lead such an exciting existance!!

TOTD: for fruit pie, I like apple, but with the crumbly topping, but f I could chose any pie, my favorite is french silk

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »
Cold and still light snow falling through the night here.
Jetty says it perfectly for those of us that don`t like winter weather,you wish for spring but that means wishing half the year away and the other half disappears in the blink of an eye.

TOTD:Cherry or Strawberry Rhubarb.

I'm glad you got that. I hate rushing through the time because of the weather. I hate wasting time and I feel like that is what winter is sometimes and it leaves you with a boatload of chores that can only be accomplished during the nicer times of the year.  :banghead:
I'm trying to get better at doing the bulk of my courseload for the year and 'inside organizing' during the winter, but I do miss the places where just about anytime of the year I could go out and know I could take a walk outside and be comfortable.  sigh...I better shut up before I go to the whiny zone

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:29:44 AM »
The usual standard customary January day in the Sandhills of Nebraska, but one detects a slight microscopic fleeting sense that spring is coming.

I dunno about pies; I tend to like those with real fruit in them, and not the sugar-laden chemical stuff--that is to say, apple or cherry or rhubarb or pumpkin or &c., &c., &c.--they all fit the bill--but not "chocolate" "pudding" or "lemon" "custard" or somesuch teeth-decayers and waist fatteners.

If it's a pie, and it's made out of real fruit, it's good.

I love the real fruit ones too, Frank. If I remember correctly, you like them to where the fruit cooks all the way through?

My mother only made them from scratch so I do them the same way.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 08:44:56 AM »
Tuesdays are our busy family days...Dance class, Daisy scouts, homework, etc....

TOTD: I love both Apple and lemon meringue.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
I stayed up too late last night reading, so I'm dragging this morning  :(  Work has been slow lately with a lot of non-urgent stuff, which isn't exactly the time of thing to motivate me to go it :p 

TOTD: Apple pie with crumbly topping. I love that stuff :-)  As an aside, I made my first really good pie crust from scratch at Christmas. Exciting stuff :p

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
Winter, like the Autumn before it, the Spring to follow, and the Summer around the bend, is a unique season to cherish.  Count your blessings as they come, one season at a time.  After all, there are poor children in Hawaii who get no seasons.

Pie:  I like fruit pies, too.  Unlike Frank, it's OK by me if you pit and de-stem the fruit and throw a little sugar on top.  :)

My all-time favorite pie is chess.  Not lemon-chess, but plain chess.  No one I know makes a good chess pie anymore. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »
Getting ready to go to a quilt shop with my Mom and a couple of friends.  It is quite a drive.  My husband is still sick, this is his 2nd day home.  I can't remember the last time he stayed home from work sick.

TOTD:  I love my Mom's Carmel Apple Pie.  Yum!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 09:38:12 AM »
MMMMMMMMMMM! Pie!!! My favorite is a homemade raspberry/blackberry pie. It's yummy!!

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »
Sitting here, shivering to death is all I am doing right now.

TOTD:  I love pumpkin pie the most (made a home-made version recently that turned out quite well, given it's been awhile since I made one. )   I also love apple and cherry pie.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
Me.. I'm hoping it's just a quiet day at hte office.. I need a restful day after the past couple of weeks

as for TOTD:   Lemon Maringue Pie  ... (Hey Lemon's a fruit... so it counts!), with Pumpkin coming in a distant second.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »
Well, ACC already said it...it is COLD here, although the sun is a shinin'.

I too am NOT a winter person as I cannot stand the cold, but as Undies pointed out, it is nice having 4 seasons (it was bizarre not to have them, living in Florida).

Woke up much earlier than normal (like at 4:15), and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I made a lasagna  :hyper: Now I am tired, and I'm taking the baby to her play class  :yawn:

I had quite a burst of energy yesterday and purged a lot of stuff from this house, filling up the SUV three times and taking it to Goodwill. That made me feel better  :-)

TOTD: Pie...mmmmm.....I love pie. In fact, I am not much of a cake eater, I prefer pie. Favortie one? Probably the strawberry one I make in the summer, but then there's pumpkin, key lime, lemon meringue, chocolate cream...... :rotf:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:15 AM »
TOTD: Sweet potato pie
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »
I'm here at work.  I didn't get here until a little after 9.  I just couldn't wake up this morning.  I did bake my cupcakes last night.  :)

TOTD:  Key Lime Pie is my favorite.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
I got my cabin nailed down!  Negotiated a nice price and I have the thing from May 1st through the 31st.

SLIGHTLY less primitive then I had hoped for but at least it's fairly remote and it is a stones throw from Olympia National Forest and within easy driving range of the Pacific.  Right next door to Lake Cushman in Washington State.

TOTD

Deep Dish Apple. I'm a traditionalist.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »
Mincemeat with whipped cream, if I can find one..... :naughty:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
I haven't read the thread -- I am just posting a "poor poor me" post.

I woke up this AM with a killer sore throat.  I went to work, but couldn't really operate without speaking -- so here I am at the hotel, telecommuting and resting a bit.

The posting here is part of the resting.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
Sore throats heal faster when internet surfing. It's a fact ;)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle