Author Topic: iPhone customer fury at improved new model  (Read 1257 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
iPhone customer fury at improved new model
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »

Owners of Apple's iPhone could face disappointment tomorrow when the company is widely expected to announce a new handset that offers twice the memory for the same price as the original device.

Apple has refused to say how many iPhones have been sold in the UK
But Steve Jobs, Apple's chief executive, is today expected to unveil a 16GB version for the same price during his keynote speech at the annual MacWorld Expo in San Francisco.

The move will infuriate Apple fans who only two months ago queued through the night in the rain to ensure they were among the first in the UK to get their hands on the iPhone.

Industry experts believe that Mr Jobs will not risk alienating his customers like he did in America by slashing the price of the iPhone in Britain.

His decision to reduce the cost of the device by $200 within weeks of its release in the US backfired when he received thousands of furious emails from people who had paid the full price.

Mr Jobs eventually apologised and promised to give credit notes to customers who had missed out on the discount.

But he told customers: "This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon."

link
I'm so glad I didn't buy one when they first came out.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Re: iPhone customer fury at improved new model
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
I'm so glad I bought mine on iDay.  My phone has completely rocked from day one.

If I waited around until the next model came out for half the price, I would never own a cool device.

Meanwhile, all the bullshit rumors are just that - rumors.  99.9% of them have been wrong.  We'll see.
