Author Topic: Sunday...anyone awake? anyone? Bueller?  (Read 9106 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: Sunday...anyone awake? anyone? Bueller?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
Good morning. I stayed up late last night watching one of my favorite movies, Return to Me. *sigh* When is my Prince Charming going to chase me all the way to Italy to tell me he loves me?

TOTD: Computer.

I'm still waiting too and I've been married 12 years in March.  :hyper: :-)

I'm teasing, but men can be very sweet and loving, just not in the ways we expect them to be...Don't miss it, sweetie when it does come your way..it may not speak to you the way you expect, but it might be just what you need :blowkiss:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 10:36:37 AM »
Hi everybody!

Just finished making a pot of turkey chili. Now it will simmer for about 6 hours, and it'll be ready for dinner. We're supposed to get "significant" snow tonight in Philly, so it's a guess whether there'll be school.

TOTD: Although the computer is definitely one, also for me is the iPod. I've had one for about 3 years, and I still can't get over the fact that I can carry practically my entire music collection in a little flash drive the size of a couple of credit cards. I have no idea how I managed before this little miracle.

Mmm, Splash...that chili is going to be so good tnight when that snow is falling! Soup on cold days---yum!

Offline jendf

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 10:38:28 AM »

I'm teasing, but men can be very sweet and loving, just not in the ways we expect them to be...Don't miss it, sweetie when it does come your way..it may not speak to you the way you expect, but it might be just what you need :blowkiss:

One day I was talking to my sister on the phone and moaning about my social life. I said, "I just want a nice guy to take me out to dinner and to the ballet."

She replied, "Sweetie, my husband doesn't even do that for me."

:-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

How people can carry on a conversation while sitting on the crapper is beyond me.  :lmao:

I talk to you all the time while I'm peeing.   :tongue:

My son is going back to school today.  I'm finishing washing his clothes and I am depressed.   :bawl:

TOTD: Computer

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »

One day I was talking to my sister on the phone and moaning about my social life. I said, "I just want a nice guy to take me out to dinner and to the ballet."

She replied, "Sweetie, my husband doesn't even do that for me."

LOL..Sounds familiar, but so much of it is life just getting in the way, you know what I mean? We have 3 young and active children, but we did do a lot before they came along. He surprised me to tickets to see a band I liked one time--up front and we went to a nice dinner..just hard anymore to know if someone can watch the kiddos for any particular day. We have to settle for winks in passing and such. I suppose we all could do a better job, everyone just gets so tired all the time with everything going on.

I continue to say prayers for you ladies(and any of the gentleman) who are praying for that special person because they do enrich your life when they come along. *hugs* I met mine in my mid-20's and he was in his 30's...totally not when I thought it would happen--isn't that always the way! LOL

Offline jendf

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »
LOL..Sounds familiar, but so much of it is life just getting in the way, you know what I mean? We have 3 young and active children, but we did do a lot before they came along. He surprised me to tickets to see a band I liked one time--up front and we went to a nice dinner..just hard anymore to know if someone can watch the kiddos for any particular day. We have to settle for winks in passing and such. I suppose we all could do a better job, everyone just gets so tired all the time with everything going on.

I continue to say prayers for you ladies(and any of the gentleman) who are praying for that special person because they do enrich your life when they come along. *hugs* I met mine in my mid-20's and he was in his 30's...totally not when I thought it would happen--isn't that always the way! LOL

Thanks. :blowkiss:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 11:14:11 AM »

How people can carry on a conversation while sitting on the crapper is beyond me.  :lmao:

My son is going back to school today.  I'm finishing washing his clothes and I am depressed.   :bawl:

TOTD: Computer

Just think we will tinkle together again in under 3 weeks. Hi Ho AWAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »
Good morning. I stayed up late last night watching one of my favorite movies, Return to Me. *sigh* When is my Prince Charming going to chase me all the way to Italy to tell me he loves me?

Whoops

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »
Winter in Wisconsin.

Grey.  Check.

Light snow on the ground.   Check.

House full of people in various stages of recovery from the flu.  Check.

Yep.  Wisconsin all right.

TOTD

Computers, definitely.

I discovered it was actually cheaper to order used books online than it was to drive 15 miles and purchase them at a half price book store. Since I read a mountain of books in the average year, this is a huge plus.

I also regularly shop online for stuff in England and Australia that would have been hideously expensive, incredably hard to find items that would have involved huge amounts of phone calls before the advent of online shopping.

And LED flashlights.  I love me a good flashlight and the best you used to be able to do was the Mag Light.  Mind you I still have my old 3 cell that I hauled along on foot patrol back in the dinosaur days, but it now sports an LED bulb adaptor.

(On Edit)

And GPS.  That little ditty totally blows me away whenever I use it.  My new Garmin Nuvi is the next best thing to a Tri-Corder, lol!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »

Thanks. :blowkiss:
You bet...it's an ongoing one and I'm not stopping until I see happiness and hearts :naughty: :cheersmate:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »

Whoops

Well it would make you all more girlish and then we wouldn't want you all anyway...blasted! :banghead:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »
Winter in Wisconsin.

Grey.  Check.

Light snow on the ground.   Check.

TOTD

Computers, definitely.

I discovered it was actually cheaper to order used books online than it was to drive 15 miles and purchase them at a half price book store. Since I read a mountain of books in the average year, this is a huge plus.

I also regularly shop online for stuff in England and Australia that would have been hideously expensive, incredably hard to find items that would have involved huge amounts of phone calls before the advent of online shopping.

And LED flashlights.  I love me a good flashlight and the best you used to be able to do was the Mag Light.  Mind you I still have my old 3 cell that I hauled along on foot patrol back in the dinosaur days, but it now sports an LED bulb adaptor.

(On Edit)

And GPS.  That little ditty totally blows me away whenever I use it.  My new Garmin Nuvi is the next best thing to a Tri-Corder, lol!

Like Spotted Dick?  :-) My mother also orders her Brit food...we had a Christmas pudding back during New Years week!!!! She regularly gets all of our chocolates that way too...woohoo! :hyper:

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »

:lmao: :lmao: :evillaugh: :bow:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
Whoa. I'm learning lots and lots about long-time posters!

::)  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »

I know, who would have known there were so many weirdos, if not for this place.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »

I know, who would have known there were so many weirdos, if not for this place.  :-)

sumz peeps ain't been paying mind, much :whistling:

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

sumz peeps ain't been paying mind, much :whistling:

I know

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »
Winter in Wisconsin.

Grey.  Check.

Light snow on the ground.   Check.

TOTD

Computers, definitely.

(On Edit)

Like Spotted Dick?  :-) My mother also orders her Brit food...we had a Christmas pudding back during New Years week!!!! She regularly gets all of our chocolates that way too...woohoo! :hyper:

LOL!

Actually 28mm Gaming minatures and tabletop terrain.

My Spotted Dick I aquired locally!  :evillaugh:

Which reminds me I need to post that pic in the short bus...

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
My Spotted Dick I aquired locally!   :evillaugh:

Has that sentence ever been spoken before--I mean outside of a free clinic, of course.

Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline guest

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
TOTD:  I can't pick... laptop computers and cell-phones are technologies I couldn't live without.  However, as the new owner of an 80 GB Zune mp3 player, I think being able to tote one's entire music collection around on something so small is amazing. :-) 

GPS is also a technology I love.  I received a Garmin StreetPilot C330 for Christmas, and it is very helpful in trying to navigate Savannah.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 02:45:52 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
TOTD:  I'd definitely have to go with the computer. 

If it wasn't for the PC, I might actually have to work for a living.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

Has that sentence ever been spoken before--I mean outside of a free clinic, of course.

:lmao: air, I need air... :lmao:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »

:lmao: air, I need air... :lmao:

Oh God.....  :rotf:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€