Author Topic: wedding cake sculpted in her likeness  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Dixie*Darling

wedding cake sculpted in her likeness
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »

http://jezebel.com/341790/

People keep e-mailing us about Chidi Ogbuta, the bride who had her wedding cake sculpted in her likeness. Ms. Ogbuta was married in Dallas in September and says, "The cake actually fulfilled my childhood dream." It's kinda weird to see a picture of her husband cutting into her with a knife, but it's really hard to be mad at her. People use their wedding day to make fantasies become reality: Horse-drawn carriages (which Ms. Ogbuta also had), vows on the beach, an Elvis impersonator or a pastry that "took about a week" to consume and looks like your own damn self. Whatever wacky shit happens at the ceremony, as long as you both say "I do," isn't it kind of like, whatevs? [CNN] 

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/index.html

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: wedding cake sculpted in her likeness
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
More proof of the vanity and stupidity of today's generation.

Have you seen any of those "Bridezilla" type shows?  People who make 70K or 80K are dropping $50 to a $100 on weddings.  That is a hefty down payment on a HOUSE for God's sake.

After about 3 or 4 years, no matter HOW extravagant, no one will remember your freaking wedding -- not even you.

They might remember this one, but it will be with derisive laughter. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
Have you seen any of those "Bridezilla" type shows?  People who make 70K or 80K are dropping $50 to a $100 on weddings.  That is a hefty down payment on a HOUSE for God's sake.
Those people should be beaten with sacks of $100 bills.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »

After about 3 or 4 years, no matter HOW extravagant, no one will remember your freaking wedding -- not even you.

Those are some first class idiots. 

If I ever get married, I just want to do something very small with the justice of the peace.  Then a fun kick ass party that day or you know, within the month. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »

YES! we LOVE Bridezillas!

those women are flippin crazy and becoming a bride just amps them up ten fold.. it makes for great tv, although there was one woman who got left at the alter and her family partied on and didnt help her clean up afterward. so, there she was, in her dress and tiara... cleaning up trash off the ground and crying cause everyone else was drunk in the parking lot.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »
Funny part is that you'll know they'll be divorced within 7 years.....

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
Um, the groom's not supposed to get a piece o that until after the wedding.   :whistling:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »

those women are flippin crazy and becoming a bride just amps them up ten fold.. it makes for great tv, although there was one woman who got left at the alter and her family partied on and didnt help her clean up afterward. so, there she was, in her dress and tiara... cleaning up trash off the ground and crying cause everyone else was drunk in the parking lot.

I gotta find that episode.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »

I gotta find that episode.

oh it was a real hoot.. the adult daughter of the bride was pissed off cause the money was being spent on the wedding, and not her. so she stomped around and fought with the groom to be.. priceless stuff.

and they re-run the dog out of those shows.. im sure its still being repeated as we speak.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:48:08 PM »
How classy! NOT! Who would want to eat the head? ewwwwwwwww.  :mental: did the groom get to eat of a piece of the cake from under the skirt?  :rotf:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:02:01 AM »
How classy! NOT! Who would want to eat the head? ewwwwwwwww. 

oh i never thought of that... yeah, who wants to see the head sitting in the freezer for the next year .. just sitting there waiting for the first anniversary to break it out.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »
How classy! NOT! Who would want to eat the head? ewwwwwwwww. 

oh i never thought of that... yeah, who wants to see the head sitting in the freezer for the next year .. just sitting there waiting for the first anniversary to break it out.

I just want to see the pictures when they cut the head off.  Talk abut awkward.   :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
Big deal!  We had a chocolate wedding cake too.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »

:rotf: :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 08:50:49 AM »
:rotf: was it filled with nuts like this one??  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Shamrock

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »
Our wedding was much simpler and nicer if you ask me.  We did have to fix it up since the Cake Shoppe screwed it up.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »
The Edible Battle for Minas Tirith

This is the same guy that did The Edible Battle of Helm's Deep last year:
 http://missedmanners.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/battle-of-pelennor-fields/