Author Topic: So MSNBC is doing to Biden what it did to Hillary  (Read 395 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So MSNBC is doing to Biden what it did to Hillary
« on: May 24, 2020, 11:55:55 AM »
Star Member TNNurse (4,325 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213475567

Endless reports about the comment Biden made (and has regretted and apologized for) without any comparison to Trump.

They are practically campaigning for Trump with it.

WTF?????

:whatever:

Star Member mr_lebowski (13,985 posts)

1. The cable news media sucks except for Rachel, Lawrence, and a handful of others ...

They're in no way 'on our side'.

Star Member kimbutgar (12,599 posts)

7. Joy is on our side also and she doesn't seem a bit irritated by what Biden said.

I rarely watch daytime msnbc because it can be fox lite.

Star Member rurallib (53,928 posts)

19. boy oh boy oh boy does NPR ever suck

Star Member Cha (252,880 posts)

28. All I can say is... they must love living under the trump fascists.

So they can **** OFF.

Star Member USALiberal (5,103 posts)

35. So they should 100% ignore that it happened? nt

The Magistrate (88,294 posts)

56. You Got It, Sir

That is exactly what they should do, because that would be coverage in direct proportion to its importance. Which is how things ought to be covered. Trump kills thousands by malfeasance --- that is important. Trump fires honest men investigating corruption by him and his cronies --- that is important. Trump endeavors to kill thousands more by interfering with public health measures--- that is impo0rtant. Democratic candidate says something on a radio show that is essentially true if perhaps poorly phrased --- not so much....

"Can't nobody here play this game?"

:bird:

Star Member USALiberal (5,103 posts)

68. It was a story, like it or not. If some GOPer did it we would discuss it. nt

The Magistrate (88,294 posts)

72. And We Should, Sir: It Would Be An Expression Of Dyed In The Wool Racism From Any GOP Shit-Heel

Doubtless we would have many more pressing things to talk about, such as the items referenced above, but it would doubtless be possible to squeeze it in for a moment or two.

People talking about it is all that makes it a story, and if you have to talk about it, denounce the cheap jackals and hacks trying to blow it up out of all proportion into some 'balance' to weigh against treason and corruption and malfeasance amounting to criminal negligence.

"Can't nobody here play this game?"

:bird:

Star Member Hortensis (38,505 posts)

4. The Republicans have been able to give them very little to work with

so far. Biden's so well known to Americans to NOT be a tool of corruption or sexual predator that CNN, MSNBC, NYT, AP, other MSM haven't been able to run with those fake scandals as much as they'd like.

This isn't a surprise, but not to worry that they can shift major opinion with this either.

The way to hurt these efforts is of course to refuse to tune in. At least refuse to watch the shows they design to subvert Democrats (some are far worse than others) and make sure they know. If enough people do, they'll not just lose standing and profits but ability to betray and influence.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

qazplm135 (3,683 posts)

78. since when

are black media and members of the AA community "the opposition?"
Or MSNBC for that matter?

Biden made a tiny mistake, he's getting a tiny amount of heat, heat that will be over literally by Monday when all anyone will be talking about is 100000.

Now, if you want to continue to freak out because you think "The opposition" is going to have black people vote for Donald ****ing Trump, I can't stop you.

But me? I've got better things to do with my time.

R02091201 (73 posts)

61. I hear you, but this isn't the same. It is an ULTRA-NOTHINGBURGER. Let it sink.

R02091201 (73 posts)

58. Agree on most but it was not "stupid." The point was crystal clear and it was a "loud" RADIO show.

Cavalier, wiseguyish, animated, jestful, and maybe even clunky and could have been better calibrated, but not "stupid."

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "You aren't Black if..." a common saying on that show and part of why he chose those words? (I read this on another post.)

He was just trying to say, in an animated jestful way on a RADIO show, that when compared to Trump the one who has fought for African Americans and the one who has done just the opposite is obvious, and it is.

But yes, media goofballs hoping for headlines and ratings and a horserace will get out of breath over this for a few days and then find something else to crow about.

It is such a NOTHINGBURGER!

Star Member Polly Hennessey (2,997 posts)

12. I don't know what he said and I don’t care.

The same with the stinky Reade story. Keep falling for it folks. Who watches weekend daytime MSNBC. After Ali and Joy all would be better off watching a cooking show or reruns of Father Knows Best.

Dem4Life1102 (2,085 posts)

15. They are running the story every hour

Biden needs to change the narrative as soon as possible.

Star Member Demsrule86 (43,529 posts)

27. He is fine...no one cares about this shit with 100,000 murdered by Trump and the economy in ruins.

stillcool (27,266 posts)

17. Just like the "Dean Scream"..the "swiftboaters", "Reverend Wright", and Hillary...Hillary had it coming from every which way. There is nothing more important in the news world than bashing a Democrat, and it's contagious. Amplified and continuous...all day, every day, how could it not be?

Star Member Demsrule86 (43,529 posts)

25. I agree with what Biden said...if you are a minority and support Trump, even scummier than other

Trump supporters...he loves the Klan and Nazis.

sez obviously not black DUmpmonkie...

Captain Zero (1,352 posts)

29. The only minorities supporting Republicans For the most part are an ownership/management contingent of some charter schools.

Who voted for Trump?

53% of men; 41% backed Clinton

42% of women; 54% voted for Clinton

58% of white voters - 37% backed Clinton

8% of black voters - 88% voted for Clinton

29% of Hispanics - 65% supported Clinton

Black Americans number 40,916,113, 12.7% of the total U.S. population (2018)

Edison Research for ABC News, AP, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, NBC News

so... 3,273,289 black Americans voted for Trump... Damn... that's a lot of Charter School owners...

Star Member PatSeg (31,444 posts)

32. Yeah

I'm getting tired of politicians apologizing for telling the truth. It is getting really old. Hillary did it far too often, which ended up making her sound inauthentic. Biden should not fall into that trap. It only ends up working against them.

Star Member Aviation Pro (8,690 posts)

21. The media wants a ****ing horserace

Not this year, you mother****ers.

Not this year.

McKim (1,606 posts)

22. NYTimes Doing the Same

Yes, this is a concerted effort by the NYTimes. Today we saw the third opinion column where some snooty “expert” was “giving advice” to the Biden campaign. This time it was the TV critic who noticed that the Biden campaign made some slight techno errors. The writer sounded so important and superior.

So did Axelrod and Pouffle a couple of weeks ago. Instead of going directly to the campaign with their criticism they splashed it all over the “paper of record” for the whole country. Of course they were only doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. I wrote the Times a blistering letter and I hope their nasty TV critic reads it. Evidently they prefer, mass death, chaos, widespread poverty and fascism to democratic rule. As the nation stares at this abyss, they are not doing us a favor, folks!

BittyJenkins (115 posts)

43. I think the sick thing is

they are trying to be fair and balanced...like Fox news. It is horrible.
What would be fair and balanced would be to always bring up Don's gaffs and women along side Joe.
It is disgusting and then some.

Star Member Maru Kitteh (22,381 posts)

85. I don't watch their crap anymore. Chris Hayes was the last nail in the coffin.

So much pearl clutching over Biden, and little/no analysis over who is pushing this agenda. Screw them.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: So MSNBC is doing to Biden what it did to Hillary
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
MesSNBC tells an occasional truth?! Gotta fix that!!!

Biden's mouth is a loose cannon.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: So MSNBC is doing to Biden what it did to Hillary
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:12:59 PM »
Star Member TNNurse (4,325 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213475567

Endless reports about the comment Biden made (and has regretted and apologized for) without any comparison to Trump.

They are practically campaigning for Trump with it.

WTF?????

Why are you watching MSNBC?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du