Author Topic: DUmbasses cheer cops brutally protecting profits from free-loaders, irony ensues  (Read 867 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Ass-onion regales us with quite the bouncy:

Glassunion  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-01-11 11:48 PM
Original message
Instant Karma
 My wife and I were out to dinner the other night to celebrate her birthday. I took her out for sushi(her favorite) at her favorite sushi joint. We only get to eat there about 2 or 3 times a year($$$$$!!!!!). [Show-off --Sgt SB] It is a very nice place and we have never had a bad experience there. This evening was no different.

This particular place is quite nice, they know our names and preferences. Needless to say they go the extra two steps for every customer. I had made reservations 2 weeks prior to insure I could get us a booth away from the hibachi grills(it can get noisy). When we showed up, Amy at the front pedestal verified our reservation and asked that we take a seat for just a quick moment while we wait for the manager(I forget his name) to guide us to our seat.

While we sat down a large party of 8 early 20' somethings [20+ feet tall!!!! --Sgt. SB] walked in behind us and wanted a table. They did not have a reservation and the place was packed.

You can tune-out for a while if you want. This next part is mostly filler but I included it for the sake of posterity.

I'll cut back in when it time to catch-up.

They also were expecting 6 more people to join them. I overheard Amy explain that they may have to wait about an hour for a table. They do not have a table for 14 and they need to wait for 3 tables to be free so they can join them together. This did not sit well with the alpha male in the pack as he exclaimed something about them not knowing how to run an establishment. My thinking is that this is exactly how you run an establishment. I was raised knowing that if you have a large party, you make a reservation, otherwise you wait. However this was all I could overhear, as 30 seconds after we sat down, the manager came over and took us to our seat.

The food was awesome. The service was above my expectations. However, only about 10 minutes after we were seated, the staff started pulling tables together for the party, right next to our booth. So much for being quiet. I commented to our waiter how fast they got the table together, and he told me that they had 2 cancellations. The two cancels were in his section.

After the tables were pulled together, only 3 people in the party sat down. The waiter took their drink orders and I overheard the 3 saying that they did not want to wait for the rest of the group before they ordered their dinner. I also heard the waiter ask if everything was going to be on one check. One of them said yes after a short discussion. Remember this for later.

While I was trying to get my wife to stop talking about work and focus on what we were going to do the following day, the 3 more of the party came over from the bar. The 6 of them played a little musical chairs and sat down. The waiter was a bit taxed at the haphazard flow that these folks were sitting down as he was in the process of bringing out the first three's appetizers, the next three wanted to order drinks. The manager stepped in to help at this point and was running drinks and expediting food for the table while the waiter took care of taking orders. By the time that my wife and I were just finishing our entree, the remainder of the group showed up played musical chairs again and added to the chaos. You have 1 table, who is in three different stages of a meal... Our waiter had picked up this other waiter's tables so he could focus on the large party.

Luckily they were not as loud as I thought they were going to be and my wife and I had a pleasant conversation. We ended up making fun of this group of people. They were being a bit obnoxious with the staff. They were bothering the entire wait staff, every time one of them would walk by they would order a drink or ask for something. My wife and I made a game out of it. We counted 26 times they stopped any one of the servers or manager for something throughout the course of their meal. By the time my wife and I were finishing dessert and just ordering our coffee, the large group was finishing their meal. The waiter was asking if anyone wanted anything else and when they said no, he was about to place the check down, when Mr Alpha male asked for separate checks. 14 of them. Mr. Alpha male then said that he had coupons for everyone. I nearly shit when I heard that. However, the waiter said no problem and disappeared.

OK, here we go.

The manager came back and here is where it got good. Now I am a member of the "The customer is NOT always right" crowd. There are, on rare occasions a time when the customer is indeed wrong. This was one of those times. This discussion was rather heated on the customer's part however the manager never lost his cool and IMHO earned every penny he received that day.

Here are some facts.
1. The coupons were not for the restaurant that we were in. They were for another one in CA. Did I forget to mention we were in PA?
2. They specifically said they did not want separate checks when the staff specifically asked at the beginning of the meal.
3. The clothing these people were wearing probably cost more than my car.

Mr Alpha male did not like being shown that he could not read when he produced the Facebook(?) coupons he had printed. The address was on the coupons he printed and was... well... 3000 miles away. However, the manager was being nice, and offered to honor the coupon. However, the coupon was only good for $20 off any entree and drink, one coupon redeemable per table, and one coupon per visit. I thought this was pretty cool of the manager to honor the coupon, however Mr Alpha male did not like this arrangement since he felt that by demanding separate checks, they should count as separate tables. This is where I, my wife, our waiter and just about the entire restaurant turned and watched the exchange. Mr Alpha male was getting pretty loud.

It was at this point that Mr Alpha male began swearing at the manager. The manager suggested to Mr Alpha male that they go to his office to discuss the situation. Mr A would have none of that and continued his tantrum. This is where the manager firmly instructed Mr A and his party to pay their bill and leave. Mr A refused and the rest at the table were getting a kick out of the exchange. All Mr A was saying over and over was that he was not going to pay for the meal due to the shitty service and attitude that they were getting.

Their bill was just over $1,400. I'm assuming minus the $20 coupon  . Their exchange was only going on for about 3 minutes when the police showed up. Here is where it got awesome.

Cop: What's the problem?(to the manager)
Mr A: This dick head won't...
Cop: I'm not talking to you, and keep your voice down. I'll speak to you in a moment.
Mr A: But this...
Cop: I'm sorry. Was I not clear? (Slowly) I'm not talking to you right now. I'm talking to him(pointed at the manager). Please use your indoor voice and wait your turn.
Manager: They are refusing to pay.
Cop: How much is the bill?
Manager: 1,408
Cop: May I see the bill? (manager hands him the bill)
Cop: (To another person at the table) Did you all order this.
Person at the table: Yes... But we all have coupons.(while pointing at Mr A)
Cop: So all of you ordered this?(he said looking at each person at the table one at a time. getting a yes from each.)
Cop: Judging by the plates, I would say that you pretty much ate and drank everything. Yes?
Folks at the table: All nodded yes.
Mr A: He refuses to honor our coupons.
Manager: I honored one of them. (he then handed the coupon to the officer)
Cop: You do realize we are not in California? Are you lost? (this elicited quite a bit of laughter from the rest of us)
Mr A: Yes, but...
Cop: Pay the bill. (mumbled something into the radio)
Mr A: I refuse to pay for such shitty service, I have never been treated so poorly.
Cop: Ok. So pay the bill and don't come back. (We giggle some more)
Mr A: I will not.
Cop: Someone at this table better start paying this bill, or you are all going to jail.

Silence... The entire room was holding their breath.

Cop: (mumbles something into the radio). Is anyone going to pay the bill?

Silence... We were on the edge of our seat. 3 more officers walk in.

Cop: Ok. Everyone stand up, face the table and put your hands behind your head. (this was too much for one of them at the table)
Lady at table: Here... I'll pay, no need...
Mr A: We are not paying anything, this guy(officer) is just being a tough guy.

At this point the officer had enough, declared to Mr A he was under arrest and grabbed Mr A's wrist to cuff him. This is where Mr A did the dumbest thing, and turned to face the officer, yelled "Don't touch me" and pushed the officer.

What happened next took about 3 milliseconds. Mr A was on the ground with 3 officers on top of him and in hand-cuffs. 2 seconds later he was outside and in the back of a police car.

In the end, they paid their bill. We all applauded the manager and officer; and booed the customers as they left. After they were gone, the rest of us started to high-five each other as Mr A was taken away in a police car. That Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Sound like your typical leftist: **** the rules, I want mine for free and I'll pitch a tantrum in public to prove it.

RagAss (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-02-11 12:00 AM
Response to Original message
1. I love it !!! Wish I was there for that bit of cabaret !

mitchtv (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-02-11 12:02 AM
2. warms the cockles of my heart
 great story K&R

monmouth  (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-02-11 12:02 AM
3. Best birthday present ever!!..n/t

Ineeda  (1000+ posts)      Fri Dec-02-11 12:03 AM
4. Wow. Dinner AND very satisfactory entertainment. n/t.

etc etc etc

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2412881
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Aristotelian

Doesn't even begin with 'So' - very very poor.

Far too long, too many details don't add up (they go to the restaurant 3 times per year, yet the staff know their names and preferences), no conversion story...

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
After they were gone, the rest of us started to high-five each other

I'm sorry, when in the hell does this happen, other at, maybe, a football game?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Pretty good bouncy, but forgot to mention they were "Rethugs".
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

• Global Moderator
I'm sorry, when in the hell does this happen, other at, maybe, a football game?

C'mon! It's a $100/head restaurant.

Who doesn't high-five in those?

Offline Karin

Dear Lord!  That must have taken HOURS to dream up, write, and type.  Did he really expect anyone to invest the kind of time it would take to read it, hanging on every word?  What the hell was the point of the story anyway? 

What's with the DUmmies in the comments, saying they wished they were there for the show, cabaret, etc.  This is an enjoyable night out?  This is fun?  If this really happened, I'd be most upset and dyspeptic.  I want decency and civilization if I go out to eat. 

HEY DUMMIES:  If this happened, these entitlement-minded California people were LEFTY LIBERAL DEMOCRATS. 

And yeah, if they only go 2 times a year (it's an expensive treat, don't want to get too 1% on the DUmmies and lose DUmp cred), the managers do not know their names and favorite colors. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
sasha031   (1000+ posts)             Thu Dec-01-11 07:29 PM
13. Greatest story and birthday present ever!

thanks for sharing,
a clear picture of the 1%

They are what you goons consider the 99%, they went in wanting to not have to pay what is asked, then they threw a temper tantrum. Maybe they should have done a mic check.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
What's with the DUmmies in the comments, saying they wished they were there for the show, cabaret, etc.  This is an enjoyable night out?  This is fun?  If this really happened, I'd be most upset and dyspeptic.  I want decency and civilization if I go out to eat. 

Here, here.  No way could I enjoy a meal with that going on nearby. 

Oddly enough, a friend of mine owns the most popular sushi restaurant in the area (I included that part, for all the bragging DUmmies that also lurk).  My friend is a great story teller, and so I am always asking him about the latest odd customer that walked through the door to hear how he handled the situation, and every time, it is always with grace and cordiality.  Priority one is always to make sure that everyone around the potential problem customer is able to enjoy their experience and meal.   

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
OK, explain this...

Quote from:
Glassunion

My wife and I were out to dinner the other night to celebrate her birthday. I took her out for sushi(her favorite) at her favorite sushi joint. We only get to eat there about 2 or 3 times a year($$$$$!!!!!)... This particular place is quite nice, they know our names and preferences... When we showed up, Amy at the front pedestal verified our reservation and asked that we take a seat for just a quick moment while we wait for the manager(I forget his name)...

They only go 2 or 3 times a year, however the restaurant personnel know their names *and* preferences, but the primitive couple don't even bother to know the name of the manager.

Yeah, that adds up.  :whatever:

Oh, and the 1%ers don't even blink at a $1400 dinner bill.  $1400??  Are ya kiddin' me?!?  In fact, that's what they pay for what they consider to be an inexpensive bottle of wine.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:38:17 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

I skimmed, so missed the part about high-fiving.  That's just embarrassing. 

How come the DUmmies always get things 180 degrees wrong?  These aren't 1% people.  These are gimme gimme gimme democrats. 

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
This is worse than the Wal-Mart bouncy. Two bongs, if that.
Caught somewhere in time

• Global Moderator
How come the DUmmies always get things 180 degrees wrong?  These aren't 1% people.  These are gimme gimme gimme democrats.

Isn't it funny though?

There restaurant was definitely catering to the 1% crowd, despite these fabricated interlopers. Meanwhile, the DUmbasses themselves refuse to shop at Wally World where the unwashed rabble congregate and refuse to partake of any peasant food that is not made from 100% free-range tofu. Yet, they brag so openly of eating where 14 people consume $1409 worth of food.

And when the cop takes a few minutes off from stomping peaceful OWieS with his hyper-sonic emitting pepper-spray jackboots he is cheered for protecting the profits of a place that lives off of the wealth of those who own wage slaves.

Over food, no less!

Food is a human right! I know this because I read it on DU! The lefties should have been demanding that mere rice and uncooked fish be distributed not only to the 20-foot tall somethings but they should have brought in a busload of welfare families as well before they were corrupted by toys to but grease burgers.

Offline ScubaGuy

OK, explain this...

They only go 2 or 3 times a year, however the restaurant personnel know their names *and* preferences, but the primitive couple don't even bother to know the name of the manager.

Yeah, that adds up.  :whatever:

Oh, and the 1%ers don't even blink at a $1400 dinner bill.  $1400??  Are ya kiddin' me?!?  In fact, that's what they pay for what they consider to be an inexpensive bottle of wine.

If a 1%er wants sushi he goes to Japan for dinner.  Who on earth would get sushi in Pennsylvania?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:38:51 AM by ScubaGuy »
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline jukin

Looks exactly like what the OWemeS do but the DUches hate the cops for anything they do then. I would think that the restaurant owed them a free dinner just like free education.

If it were not for hypocrisy the DUmp would stand for nothing but crazy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Pretty good bouncy, but forgot to mention they were "Rethugs".

That's because they were Democrats.  You can always tell when a Democrat is the bad guy in a story, because the bad guy's party affiliation won't be mentioned.

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
I'm only about halfway through the OP but I have a question, the wait was going to be an hour and a half, the OP was there to witness the entire dinner from this crowd? how many hours was the OP there eating dinner?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats