Author Topic: primitives discuss other primitives hating sports  (Read 272 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss other primitives hating sports
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=215x190652

Oh my.

The sports forum on Skins's island has been popping like popcorn lately.

Sort of like the way the cooking and baking forum used to.

trumad  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 09:38 AM
Original message

God I hate when a sports story crosses over into General Discussion

I can't ell you how many threads and posts have been written the last couple of days by the 'always picked last in pickup games" crowd.

"I hate football and can't understand why anyone else likes it" is the latest meme thanks to the Sandusky affair.

I hate boxing--- I hate baseball--- Golf is for the one percenters....

If you never played it or haven't followed your sport most of your life, you'll never get it...... and don't come in all high and mighty and act all superior because you don't.

madinmaryland  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 09:41 AM
Response to Original message

1. I wish I could recommend this thread. It's amazing how many DU'ers are using this situation to bash sports in general and how much they hate football.

trumad  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 10:08 AM
Response to Reply #1

4. I look at it as folks who never played sports

And folks who think they're superior in their enlightenment because they haven't.

Btw: sorry about calling you a candy ass.

JonLP24  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 09:42 AM

2. I agree

That goes with most things besides sports.

trotsky  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 10:06 AM

3. +1,000,000

That's one of the things that annoys me the worst about DU.

Anti-sports comments. PETA fans. Car haters. Basically when people are trying to out-liberal each other, only it's a ridiculous stereotype liberal.

ScreamingMeemie  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 10:35 AM
Response to Reply #3

7. Exactly...I hate the people who never watch this show, or that show, can only drink beer that has been filtered through the bladder of a goat in a remote Swiss location etc...

I highly doubt my son is being destroyed by playing football. It has been amazing anger management for him. 

era veteran  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 11:25 AM

10. Well I am pretty damn liberal and had to earn my chops after my early Young Republican years. I saw lots of whiners posting, well when I was picked last in football I made sure to hit the other Captain as much as I could. I loved playing football with a young body flying the **** around with reckless abandon.

On the DU you will see the 'complete liberal' surface at times. Today, Veterans Day, there are members that are giving Veterans shit in GD, I don't play there much anymore.

Serve The Servants (178 posts)      Fri Nov-11-11 01:54 PM

11. I'm with you 1000% on this and the "I hate football and can't understand why anyone else likes it" thread was the most smuggy, BS thread I have read here on DU so far.

LisaM  (1000+ posts)      Fri Nov-11-11 03:37 PM

15. Oh, I know.

I was just thinking about how angry it makes me that the whole Penn State thing puts all of college football in a bad light. It really pisses me off.

I have people over to watch football on Thanksgiving and sometimes for the Super Bowl and I can't tell you how many people rudely decline by saying, "I hate football". Really? What if you invited me to your grandpa's 80th birthday and I answered with, "I hate old people" (which I don't, it's just an example).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: primitives discuss other primitives hating sports
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
I don't care for spectator sports one iota.  I know a lot of people on here do.  Those of you who do enjoy spectator sports, that is your deal, and are more than welcome to it.  You won't find me castigating anyone, anywhere on this board for what they like to do involving sports.  I'm simply not interested in it.  That's how it should work.

The funny thing about this thread is that the primitives don't see that this is exactly what they do to everyone else who doesn't agree with them in lockstep.  They go about demonizing and trying to put down every person who doesn't agree with their ideology, even if it is something that doesn't matter to them one bit.  The threads on the Duggars are a perfect example of this behavior.   

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: primitives discuss other primitives hating sports
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »
trotsky  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 10:06 AM

3. +1,000,000

That's one of the things that annoys me the worst about DU.

Anti-sports comments. PETA fans. Car haters. Basically when people are trying to out-liberal each other, only it's a ridiculous stereotype liberal.

Ya think??2?
SOP at the DUmp. :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”