Author Topic: Histrionic Hyserics turn prank into B-52 Arclight bombing strike on civilians  (Read 2542 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 06:42 AM
Original message
Chemical Bomb Tossed into Occupy Maine Encampment 
 Source: The Portland Press Herald

Posted: 10:49 PM
Updated: 11:06 PM

Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@mainetoday.com
Staff Writer

PORTLAND — Portland police are looking for the person who threw a chemical bomb at the Occupy Maine encampment in Portland during the early morning hours today.

Sgt. Glen McGary said police responded around 4 a.m. today to an explosion in Lincoln Park at Congress and Pearl streets.

Though no one was injured, McGary said the homemade bomb, which consisted of chemicals poured into a plastic Gatorade container could have caused serious injury.

Occupy Maine, which is protesting corporate greed, has erected about three dozen tents in the 2.5-acre park. McGary said the bomb was thrown into the camp’s kitchen, a tarped area where food is cooked and served.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Chemical-bomb-tossed-in... 

shraby  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 06:48 AM
Response to Original message
1. That's domestic terrorism..hope they treat it as such.
 Someone bought those chemicals to make the bomb with, so they should be able to trace them.

Golly! How many domestic terrorist incidences have I participated in with MRE bombs?

Enthusiast  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 10:50 AM
Response to Reply #1
9. Right wing terrorism is patriotic.

****in'-A

vets74  (610 posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 12:11 PM
Response to Reply #9
15. Getting violence investigated-charged prosecuted-jailed is tough to make happen. Air&Space Museum?
 The righties can't stand it that Occupy is hitting home with the Republican Base.

That gets bigger positive response from self-identified conservative voters than from Democrats.

Southern voters, generally, have been smashed flat with the unemployment situation. Southerners might be about done with voting solely to make abortion illegal -- like that's gonna happen.

Bombing Maine ??? That's gonna make the world perfect to the righties. Sure thing.

Meanwhile the rightie incited riot at US Air & Space Museum in D.C. has yet to result in arrests. Howley bragged about participation at The American Spectator blog, including effective confession to entering a Federal property under false pretenses and aggravated trespass together with particiapation at causing the riot. Mike Stack charged a guard:

Seems possible that these clowns were trying to impress rightie congressmen, who have such as the $76,000-a-year to hand out that goes to 26-year old Seamus Kraft for playing "Director of Digital Strategy" for Darrell Issa (R-CA49).

Kraft is in the running for operating the sock puppet "Dan Wolfe" on twitter during the protect-Clarence-Thomas attacks on Anthony Weiner. For $76,000 he ought to run scores of sock puppets. A couple, anyway, at DU and at DailyKos.

He's a big hero for the unemployed/underemployed/no_skills fringe righties.

Cash In Krafty !!

2pooped2pop (38 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 11:38 AM
Response to Reply #1
12. I didn't see what kind of chemicals they used mentioned but
 If we're talking a gatorade bomb, isn't it just baking soda, plus? And if so, it may mean kids are the culprit. 

TBF  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 03:01 PM
Response to Reply #12
40. Nice try but no sale. nt

fear good

razorman  (971 posts)       Mon Oct-24-11 01:49 PM
Response to Reply #1
30. Quite right. I suspect that calling it a "chemical bomb" is a bit of sensationalism 
 on the part of the media. I spoke this morning to a friend who lives in Portland. She said that she heard that the bottle was filled with urine. That's just a rumor, of course. I suppose that the truth will come out soon. Any time there is a big incident of any kind, the first reports are ALWAYS wrong. I usually wait 24-48 hours before paying real attention.

ProgressiveProfessor (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 02:36 PM
Response to Reply #30
35. Earlier it was described and an IED...

:thatsright:

Because do-nothing liberals want to claim the same moral authority as the kids that have faced real IEDs. That's why liberals embellish their service records if not outright lie.

Filthy Pazuzu (3 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 02:42 PM
Response to Reply #30
37. If all they said was 'chemical bomb' it could mean anything.
 Please tell me you are aware of how easy it easy to make bottle bombs with common materials.
Tracking the culprits down based on what they bought & where is impossible.
Do you really think someone buying a bottle of bleach at
small grocery with cash is going to be able to be tracked?

These types of weapons are extremely dangerous, because they are both volatile and totally unpredictable.
Even if it was a 'simple' pressure bomb using an acid & base, or dry ice,
it could still cause serious - even fatal - damage.
Just because something is simple does not mean it isn't dangerous.

There is NO reason for this to be taken lightly, no matter who used it against whom.
Anyone stupid & irresponsible enough to just make one of these,
let alone having it set off anywhere near people needs to be locked up.
They are clearly a danger to themselves & others.

If they aren't caught & prosecuted, do you really think they won't do it again?

I can't wait for this to be revealed as one of their own playing a prank.

ProfessorGAC  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 09:42 AM
4. Horrible Article
 First of all, unless the device is nuclear, ALL bombs are chemical. If the intent of the builder was to make a chemical weapon, then it would be a small bomb which dispersed the real anti-personnel agent. But, that doesn't make it a chemical bomb.

I know the cops probably didn't release details of the device, but this is just a badly written piece and it makes no technical sense.

pasto76 (775 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 01:17 PM
Response to Reply #10
23. It was likely an "MRE Bomb", using the chemical heater from an MRE
 used to make them all the time during training. And before everyone got crazy about terrorists being in their backyard.

so the mystery chemical from the heater, water, and a bottle. The coke brand bottles used to work the best. Enough energy and volume expansion to take a 16 oz bottle and deform it to the volume of a _3 liter_ bottle. The best bang comes from when the bottle splits down the side (sometimes the cap just pops off). Quite a loud bang.

But the chemical does boil the water, which could hurt someone. 

marmar  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 01:20 PM
Response to Reply #4
25. Who cares about the "technical sense" of the article? There's a larger issue, n'est-ce pas? 

nt

The issue that liberals are hysterical pussies looking for attention because nobody gives a **** about their worthless, useless lives?

THAT issue?

Filthy Pazuzu (3 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 02:58 PM
Response to Reply #25
39. 'Simple' does not mean 'Not Dangerous'
 Thank you. It's nice to see someone thinking about the important things.

I see a lot of people getting caught up in semantics: "Everything is chemical"
Yes, we are aware of that. But since we know nothing about the makeup of the weapon used,
speculation is useless.

I see a lot of people dismissing primitive explosives: "Baking soda & vinegar" or "Mentos & diet cola"
These people are not thinking this through.
First off, if you've ever tried making one of these, or if you take the time out
to think about this for more than the 2 seconds it takes for you to hit 'REPLY',
you'd realize you must isolate the solid ingredient long enough for you to be able
to get a cap on, because just dumping it in there immediately creates such a massive
amount of gas, screwing the cap on is impossible. Then, they would also have to stay
isolated long enough for you to get the explosive where you want it to go off.
Suddenly, more technical aspects of craftsmanship creep into what was originally assume to be 'simple'.

But these facts aren't even what's most important.
Only one fact is truly important:
A ****ING EXPLOSIVE WAS SET OFF IN AN OCCUPY CAMP.

Someone above mentioned 'domestic terrorism' & that is exactly what this is.
The right wing has a very long and colorful (mostly various shades of red) history
of domestic terrorism.

I guess that's why prefer the color red.

To bicker about what the explosive was made of or of what it should be called
should take a back seat to the more important point that
SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO KILL THEM.

PuffedMica (518 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 10:16 AM
6. Probably a couple of knuckle dragging TeaBaggers
 I would treat it as a group of rightards making a dry run to see if they can pull off the real thing later.

goforit (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 10:30 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. Yep, just to create more Fox terror.

This implies FOX wants people agitated.

Has he read this thread?

GliderGuider  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 10:40 AM
8. More evidence that the movement is now at the "then they fight you" stage
 â€œFirst they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

I'd've pimp-handed Ghandi

2pooped2pop (38 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 11:46 AM
13. someone on that site said
 that many right wing sites are threatening violence to the OWS camps. I think we should try to stomach the crap and join their discussion groups, or just read them, and report any threats to homeland security.

2pooped2pop (38 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 12:31 PM
Response to Reply #16
17. yes, FBI but maybe we people not at the occupation
 should form some kind of group to seek them out to help protect the protesters. Report all that we find. Form a keyboard committee just for that. Some people here frequent a right wing site or two for the jollies. They would be our first responders since they already can stomach the sites.

Filthy Pazuzu (3 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 03:01 PM
Response to Reply #17
41. A Keyboard Committee devoted to espionage? I LIKE that!
 That's a damn fine idea you have there.
I'll admit the right-wing seems to be better at infiltrating the left, than the left does against right.
Also, I don't think Occupiers will be attacked by lefties with anything other than words.
Good idea. I'm gonna think on this today.

The Man from D.U.A.C.

toddwv (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 02:23 PM
Response to Reply #16
32. So they FBI will have to take time out of investigating the OWS to investigating potential violence
 AGAINST OWS... the FBI is not going to like that...

2pooped2pop (38 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 12:35 PM
Response to Reply #14
19. Fox news and MSM should be sued 
 for telling these idiots lies that get them to do their violence for them. Billo comes out clean when he gets "Joe, I wish I was a plumber man" to strike out at us. What does Billo care if Joe does time, loses his job and family to do his bidding? He doesn't. In fact, I think it is their plan.

paparush (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 02:30 PM
34. Right Wing Violence
 Angry Lefties march, carry signs, chant slogans.

Angry Righties carry guns, blow up buildings, shoot people in the head, throw chemical bombs into peaceful demonstrations.

You got it backwards Jr. Ever seen a WTO protest?

Ian David  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-24-11 03:05 PM
42. Chemical bomb tossed into Occupy Maine encampment 
 Edited on Mon Oct-24-11 03:05 PM by Ian David
Source: The Portland Press Herald

PORTLAND — Portland police are looking for the person who threw a chemical bomb at the Occupy Maine encampment in Portland during the early morning hours on Sunday.

Sgt. Glen McGary said police responded around 4 a.m. Sunday to an explosion in Lincoln Park at Congress and Pearl streets.

Though no one was injured, McGary said the homemade bomb, which consisted of chemicals poured into a plastic Gatorade container could have caused serious injury.

Occupy Maine, which is protesting corporate greed, has erected about three dozen tents in the 2.5-acre park. McGary said the bomb was thrown into the camp’s kitchen, a tarped area where food is cooked and served.

Read more: http://www.pressherald.com/news/Chemical-bomb-tossed-in...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING: Chemical Bomb Detonated At Occupy Maine Camp

At approximately 4 AM Monday morning, a small chemical bomb was thrown into the kitchen area of Occupy Maine encampment located in Lincoln Park in the city of Portland. Sgt. Glen McGary has stated that the device was a homemade bomb consisting of several chemicals mixed into a Gatorade bottle. There are few details and no suspects as yet.

There were no casualiteis but Sgt. McGary said the explosion could have caused serious injury.

Chemical bombs do not a have a separate detonation mechanism but rather rely on the build up of gas pressure inside the sealed bottle after the chemicals are mixed. Once the pressure ruptures the container the chemicals are dispersed. The fact that the kitchen was targeted suggests an attempt at sabotage. This is pure speculation until further information is released.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/24/breaking-chemic... /

More TeaTerror:

http://Http://tinyurl.com/TeaTerror
http://Http://tinyurl.com/TeaTerror2

The Outsiders (The Rise of 'Isolated Incidents' of Right-Wing Violence)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph... 

tropicanarose (194 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 03:07 PM
46. I am glad that no one was hurt. This is truly disturbing. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x5035853
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Airwolf

And yet Bill Ayers is allowed to roam free.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
Given that the OWS group is now at bitter odds with itself, it wouldn't surprise me if one faction was doing it to the other.  Will be interesting to find out more, though.  But still, we have at least one instance of rape that has occurred, a "dirty bomb" on the cop car, a feet-sniffing-urine-drinking perv, and some black OWS guys who want to kill white *****es.  I certainly wouldn't put a chemical bomb past them.

• Global Moderator
Given that the OWS group is now at bitter odds with itself, it wouldn't surprise me if one faction was doing it to the other.  Will be interesting to find out more, though.  But still, we have at least one instance of rape that has occurred, a "dirty bomb" on the cop car, a feet-sniffing-urine-drinking perv, and some black OWS guys who want to kill white *****es.  I certainly wouldn't put a chemical bomb past them.

This is not the first time the littleapes have been sent into a pant-hooting dither thinking someone had attacked their nesting trees only to find some innocous cause or self-inflicted injury was the real culprit.

Remember the Giffords shooting?

Remember the hostage situation at the Discovery Channel network corporate offices?

So many times they work themselves into a froth.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Nice try.  The only way a pressure bomb in a plastic bottle is actually dangerous is if you're holding it when it goes off.  A glass bottle is a little more believable as 'dangerous' because it can send the shards quite a ways.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 67 Rover

2pooped2pop (38 posts)      Mon Oct-24-11 12:31 PM
Response to Reply #16
17. yes, FBI but maybe we people not at the occupation
 should form some kind of group to seek them out to help protect the protesters. Report all that we find. Form a keyboard committee just for that. Some people here frequent a right wing site or two for the jollies. They would be our first responders since they already can stomach the sites.

Message to follow.
To all Freepers:  A murder of crows will swoop in at midnight on the common. Repeat: A murder of crows will swoop in at midnight on the common.  That is all.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Erasmus

Nice try.  The only way a pressure bomb in a plastic bottle is actually dangerous is if you're holding it when it goes off.  A glass bottle is a little more believable as 'dangerous' because it can send the shards quite a ways.

Having had experience with the plastic variety as a misguided youth, you're correct.  At best, someone might have wet their pants due to the noise and smoke.  The plastic of the bottle gives way long before the cap will blow off, and the plastic doesn't splinter into shrapnel of any kind.  At least that was our experience.  Just a bit of noise and some smoke.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Another committee.  Love the name... "keyboard committee". 

Nitwits.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Having had experience with the plastic variety as a misguided youth...

And really, who hasn't....ummm, I mean, you did WHAT?!?

:whistling:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
If it was thrown into the kitchen, obviously it was one of them sending a message to the cook.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Message to follow.
To all Freepers:  A murder of crows will swoop in at midnight on the common. Repeat: A murder of crows will swoop in at midnight on the common.  That is all.

Message received.  Initiating sequence.  EOT.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Erasmus

And really, who hasn't....ummm, I mean, you did WHAT?!?

:whistling:

lol, I have done more than my fair share of stupid things.  I'm amazed God has kept me around as long as He has.

Offline Karin

I think God has a soft spot in His heart for goofy boys with their harebrained ideas.   :rofl:

Posted by: WinOne4TheGipper 

If it was thrown into the kitchen, obviously it was one of them sending a message to the cook.
   :lmao:   Maybe they're sick of that vegan crap. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Transforming rectumfrier set to stardby.

Cry havoc and let slip the crows of war.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
It wouldn't surprise me if the OWSers did it themselves to garner sympathy. Look at the theatrics thus far. They catch a whiff of pepper spray and start screaming and writhing like they've been hit with Willie-Pete, or the guy who had his foot run over by a cop scooter lying on the ground like he was pinned under a truck.

Then again, someone could've just tossed a can of Right Guard at them. Moonbats wouldn't recognize it and the deodorant scent would likewise be foreign. I could see it causing a panic.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

• Global Moderator
It wouldn't surprise me if the OWSers did it themselves to garner sympathy. Look at the theatrics thus far. They catch a whiff of pepper spray and start screaming and writhing like they've been hit with Willie-Pete, or the guy who had his foot run over by a cop scooter lying on the ground like he was pinned under a truck.

Then again, someone could've just tossed a can of Right Guard at them. Moonbats wouldn't recognize it and the deodorant scent would likewise be foreign. I could see it causing a panic.

Or maybe somebody wasbeing a jackass  just for the sake of being a jackass.

My money is on: prank

Offline zeitgeist

This is not the first time the littleapes have been sent into a pant-hooting dither thinking someone had attacked their nesting trees only to find some innocous cause or self-inflicted injury was the real culprit.

Remember the Giffords shooting?

Remember the hostage situation at the Discovery Channel network corporate offices?

So many times they work themselves into a froth.

You break few eggs when you make a cake.  Check this one straight from the Remember When Lounge>

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/nyregion/14about.html

But I like the commentary on the cook theory.  :rotf: :fuelfire: :rotf:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Doubleplusungood

Message to follow.

Red team go. Red team go.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Message to follow.

The quick red fox jumped over the lazy dog.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline zeitgeist

The quick red fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Intelligence has indicated the left has fully mobilized both the 101's Keyboard Comandos, and, the 69'th Fighting Sodomites.  Set spell checkers to full Otto, maintain a rear guard action.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Airwolf

If these idiots are in a lather over this it makes you wonder what they would do if a molatov cocktail was used instead.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
If these idiots are in a lather over this it makes you wonder what they would do if a molatov cocktail was used instead.

If someone were to throw a dozen eggs at the simpering little bitches they'd be screaming about "Biological warfare".

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
If someone were to throw a dozen eggs at the simpering little bitches they'd be screaming about "Biological warfare".

There could be e coli on the egg shells.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
There could be e coli on the egg shells.  :-)

Considering where it came out of the chicken...    :whistling:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Don

• Well, there's nothing I won't do; but some things are gonna cost you extra.
Ain't dry ice fun?
Change You can deceive in!