Author Topic: primitives smell blood  (Read 719 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives smell blood
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5682560

Oh my.

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 10:38 AM
Original message

The GOP Smells Blood.

They brought out the big dog of attack politics, Newt Gingrich, to tell us how despicable Nancy Pelosi is and that she should resign as the Speaker. You simply cannot criticize the CIA when they are trying to keep our country safe.

The truth of the matter is that the GOP and the CIA are both closely tied to the torture and the lies of the last eight years. Remember the "slam dunk"? Remember the Freedom Medal that George W Bush gave to George Tenet? They were in bed together.

Now, they are attempting to use Nancy Pelosi as a bargaining chip to prevent the American people and the Congress from finding out all the facts about their criminal acts. Dick Cheney and his daughter have been on a crusade to save his snarly neck. And the entire GOP has jumped on the "attack Pelosi" wagon. How dare she attack our CIA when they are trying to protect us, they say.

But Nancy realizes that she is just the bait to get the GOP out in the open. Soon enough, they will be backtracking. They are as fearful of the truth as a vampire is of the daylight.

They have an impossible sell. They want the American people to believe that Nancy Pelosi was "briefed" about the torture techniques, including waterboarding, so therefore, she is an accomplice to whatever happened to the prisoners. It really doesn't matter if she authorized it. Or if she wrote the memos about how to perform the torture. Or if she had a hood over her head as she poured water down the noses and throats of prisoners. None of that matters. The fact that she knew about it and did nothing about it makes her "more guilty" than the perpetrators of the torture. That is what they are attempting to sell the American people.

Speaker Pelosi has an easy task. All she has to do is not resign. Her very presence will keep the Republicans busy with their lies and deception. Eventually, there will be an investigation. The GOP and the CIA will be exposed by the truth. They can only hide for so long. They can attack and divert attention to others but they are as guilty as sin. It is just a matter of time before they stand naked before the judge.

Lex  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 10:40 AM
Response to Original message

1. Is she pushing for EVERYTHING to get out in the open?

She should be. A truth commission, a special prosecutor, whatever. This might be a way to use their bloodlust for her to backfire on all of them.

The racist babbling sister primitive, who thinks "darky" and "pickaninny" and "Sambo" toys are "cute":

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 10:44 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. She is...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2009/05/repor...

Reporters Gettin' Played
05.15.09 -- 11:16AM
By Josh Marshall

Everybody's talking about Nancy Pelosi's press conference yesterday. I'm listening to Republicans on cable yapping about this contradiction or that contradiction. But what I've seen very little attention to is the fact that Pelosi had an answer that really answers all the questions, a plenary answer you might say: she supports a Truth Commission.

Here's where we are. There are various documents and recollections from around through the news ether. Pelosi's accusers are saying she knew more than she admits. She says that many of these claims are false and the documents perhaps erroneous, and that she's been consistent and true to her opposition to torture. And then she says, and I think there should be a broad-ranging Truth Commission to investigate what happened, who's telling the truth and who isn't.

You can see it here at about 3:45 in:

http://tpmtv.talkingpointsmemo.com/?id=2524521

That says it all. She wants it all investigated. The whole point of this storm about Pelosi is that her critics want her to be embarrassed and stop supporting a Truth Commission or any sort of examination of what happened. But she's not. She still says there should be an investigation. Her critics still want the book closed. That says it all. She'll have to stand or fall with the results of an actual investigation. Her opponents on this are simply risible hypocrites.

Uh, that's franksolich's word there, last line.

I suspect the reporter reads franksolich.

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 10:46 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. "Her critics still want the book closed"

bingo!

underpants  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 10:46 AM

4. Newt is on the Daily Show tonight

not that I would expect many hardballs from Stewart but hey you never know "Chuck roll 212"

Let's not forget that Newt was the organizing figure (with Dick Armey) in the teabagging thing. Newt sees a power vacuum and is trying to seize upon it. He is not their best product to put out there. People really do not like him and Newt Gingrich talking about ethics is not something they should persue.

You are dead on right that they are trying to use Pelosi as a bargaining chip. It is extortion at worst a really bad bet by them at least-she is a much smaller fish than the Bush/Cheney/etc. fishES that are already on the hook. As usual the right is naive- they want the Dems to kick in $5 to match their $1,000 liability in this. Not that the Speaker is only $5 or should be but they have exulted the POTUS and VP to a level clearly higher than the normal level a Speaker holds, Hastert was virtually invisible in the picture for years.

It will not sell. Pelosi Pelosi Pelosi-it has become a joke frankly, they are putting so much on to one element that people will tune them out.

Pelosi just needs to hang on (she will) and the Republicans will make asses of themselves.

kentuck  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 11:31 AM
Response to Reply #4

5. This could be interesting?

I hope Jon doesn't let him filibuster the conversation?

underpants  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 01:22 PM
Response to Reply #5

7. I expect

Jon's audience was somewhere between 3 and 10 years old 15 years ago

Oh and Newt just loves "Now if you look back at history...." and then spews some nonsense as far removed from history as he is from being able to talk about ethics

Inuca  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-19-09 01:27 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. Jon's audience is much larger and diverse than that

One wonders if the audience includes Pedro Picasso, who constantly watches television because it's easier than reading.

Echo In Light  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-19-09 11:33 AM
Response to Reply #4

6. Yet despite a "liberal" crowd, they'll applaud on cue when this fascist walks out.

rvablue  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 01:32 PM
Response to Reply #6

9. I think the Daily Show uses an "applause reel" when they have certain guests on to drown out the "boos" from the audience out of respect to their guests and so they can maintain a small piece of dignity so that other conservative/repub guests will still appear.

I remember well when Lynn Cheney was on. There was "applause" as she walked out, but the look on her face said it all that that was not she was actually experiencing.

Don't forget that the Daily Show is entertainment and there would be nothing ethically barring them from employing this technique.

And frankly, I don't mind much as it achieves the latter part of my first sentence up top and I think Stewart does a good job of calling some of these people out on their spin and lies.

Echo In Light  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-19-09 05:28 PM
Response to Reply #9

11. I don't have the confidence you have in giving the audience the benefit of the doubt

In this culture people are trained to be obedient to almost anyone tagged as an 'important person' i.e. they're on TV, basically

riverdeep  (1000+ posts)     Tue May-19-09 05:36 PM
Response to Reply #6

13. It has nothing to do with being trained, it's a sign of basic decency. When Mamoud Amadinneerjacket wanted to speak in -Columbia U, I think,- they let him. 

librechik  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 01:34 PM

10. If these old dogs pretend to smell blood where there is only their own spittle it still works, because our media are broken.

riverdeep  (1000+ posts)     Tue May-19-09 05:40 PM

15. They smell blood, alright. Their own.

Go ahead GOP, tug on that thread. You want to take a pull, and pull only a certain amount. But we all know once that thread is tugged, it will ALL unravel. We all know what you've done, just not the exact extent and manner. Yet.

Oh my.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: primitives smell blood
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »
Yawn.  Kentuck is just a Wee Willie/Nance Greggs wanna-be.  Which isn't really saying much.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »
It is truly an act of Providence when the mere mention of Newt can leave the leftist base hoisting Pelosi as the ensign of their great and mighty crusade against all that they despise.

It's almost enough to make a bunny go to church.

almost
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:18:18 PM »
Quote from:
kentuck

But Nancy realizes that she is just the bait to get the GOP out in the open.

:rotf:

From what I've read, that's the line of the day.  After all the faux-pas' and lies, someone believing SanFranNan somehow lured the Republicans into a trap; you've got to be a special kind of stupid to come up with something like that.  Ergo, the kentuck primitive.

Good news.  If the primitives are sure it's going to happen, then you can virtually bet it won't.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »
Yep, the GOP will be lured into the open in wait... you know it had to come....just a bit longer....

TWENTY FOUR BUSINESS HOURS!!!!11!1!!!!!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
DU has the old SNL Tom Hanks skit down pat. ("Mr, Short Term Memory")
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88ashortterm.phtml

How soon they forget that it was none other than the POTUS Obama that set this ball rolling in the first place. He was trying to politicise the CIA by releasing some of the "torture" memo's in an effort to hurt the Bush/Cheney legacy when suddenly a little truth came out. (the "fact" that Pelosi was the only Dem the CIA "lied" too speaks volumes) No other DUmbocrat is saying the CIA misled the Congress. Obama's man at the CIA, Leon Panetta already called Pelosi out.

Only by virtue of a sycophantic press corps and a dissinterested public has Pelosi escaped.

http://townhall.com/cartoons/cartoonist/GlennMcCoy/2009/05/1
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:18:03 PM »
librechik  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-19-09 01:34 PM

10. If these old dogs pretend to smell blood where there is only their own spittle it still works, because our media are broken.

All your broken media are belong to us.

What a maroon!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
What a maroon!

H5 for channeling Bugs Bunny!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.