Author Topic: Shut it Down?: Sports Stars Beat Coronavirus, Then Beat the Competition  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
With the media acting as if a positive test for the coronavirus is a death sentence, it is interesting to note the many sports stars who have gone on to become champions after testing positive.

For instance, PGA star Dustin Johnson tested positive for the virus early in October. By November, he was winning a green jacket at the 2020 Masters tournament.

Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman was hit with a positive test result in July. By November he was named the National League’s Most Valuable Player for 2020.

Then there was soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo who “scored twice” for the win after his positive test. And the NFL’s Cam Newton who had a positive test early in October before setting an NFL record about a month later during a game on Sunday Night Football.

Clearly, those “Covidians” who are so worried over a virus that kills less than half a percent of those who contract it have not noticed the great athletic heights achieved by so many sports heroes after their positive coronavirus test.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...t-competition/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

Re: Shut it Down?: Sports Stars Beat Coronavirus, Then Beat the Competition
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 06:11:10 PM »
I wish the health departments would add another piece of information to all of their dire proclamations. How many of those who tested positive were asymptomatic.

I'm thinking it's a rather large number.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
I wish the health departments would add another piece of information to all of their dire proclamations. How many of those who tested positive were asymptomatic.

That'll never happen because the proglodytes want to keep people panic-stricken and dependent on the Faucis and the Birks, along with the government.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:18:10 PM »
That'll never happen because the proglodytes want to keep people panic-stricken and dependent on the Faucis and the Birks, along with the government.

Or maybe it is just idiots who give a damn about men playing children's' games.

The takeaway from COVID is just how little grown ups care.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:29:53 AM »

Since I am a big sports fan, have read that over the past 4-5 months quite a few professional athletes tested positive one day, followed by all negative tests.  They're young and ostensibly healthy, and face virtually no risk to the Wuhan.  Many pro athletes are more likely to get a DUI than suffer issues from Covid.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 12:21:56 PM »
Or maybe it is just idiots who give a damn about men playing children's' games.

The takeaway from COVID is just how little grown ups care.

Amen brother!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »
Since I am a big sports fan, have read that over the past 4-5 months quite a few professional athletes tested positive one day, followed by all negative tests.  They're young and ostensibly healthy, and face virtually no risk to the Wuhan.  Many pro athletes are more likely to get a DUI than suffer issues from Covid.

That's my point. Are they testing negative within days of a positive test? I don't care how healthy you are and what treatments you are given. You won't test negative just a few days afterwards, unless the first test was a false positive.

Most places aren't even requiring a second test after the initial positive, they just want you to quarantine for 10 days or so,

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
That's my point. Are they testing negative within days of a positive test? I don't care how healthy you are and what treatments you are given. You won't test negative just a few days afterwards, unless the first test was a false positive.

Most places aren't even requiring a second test after the initial positive, they just want you to quarantine for 10 days or so,

Have posted before that my 70ish year old Mom tested positive with zero symptoms, she just got tested due to close exposure.  My state has no such draconian restrictions (yet).

And these nanny-staters want even longer jack booted thuggery by "Covid tracing", etc.  Including your own moneybags Governor.