Author Topic: The Left’s Moral Compass Isn’t Broken …  (Read 507 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The Left’s Moral Compass Isn’t Broken …
« on: September 17, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »
The Left’s Moral Compass Isn’t Broken …
https://www.dennisprager.com/column/the-lefts-moral-compass-isnt-broken/

All of my life, I have said that the left’s moral compass is broken.

And all of my life, I was wrong.

Why I was wrong explains both the left and the moral crisis we are in better than almost any other explanation.

I was wrong because in order to have a broken moral compass, you need to have a moral compass to begin with. But the left doesn’t have one.

The left has no moral compass.

Fifty-three years later, Marx’s foremost disciple, Vladimir Lenin, architect of the Russian Revolution, proclaimed:

“We say that our morality is entirely subordinated to the interests of the class struggle of the proletariat. … We do not believe in an eternal morality. … We repudiate all morality derived from non-human (i.e., God) and non-class concepts” (Address to the Third Congress of the Russian Young Communist League, Oct. 2, 1920).

As professor Wilfred Cantwell Smith, director of Harvard University’s Center for the Study of World Religions, wrote in 1957: “For Marxism there is no reason (literally no reason: our universe, the movement posits, is the kind of universe where there cannot conceivably be any reason) for not killing or torturing or exploiting a human person if his liquidation or torture or slave labor will advance the historical process.”

This is how Marx’s ideological heirs, today’s leftists, view the world — with one important difference: Morality is not determined only by class, but by race, power and sex as well.

Communism has no morality or reason.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: The Left’s Moral Compass Isn’t Broken …
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
The left's moral compass is not broken. It works just like the one Captain Jack Sparrow has. It points to what they desire the most.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

Re: The Left’s Moral Compass Isn’t Broken …
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 06:38:40 AM »
The left's moral compass is not broken. It works just like the one Captain Jack Sparrow has. It points to what they desire the most.

So it's basically constantly spinning. Once they attain what they think they want, they are unhappy and they want something else. They are greedy and immoral and most often want what someone else has that they don't have.