Author Topic: Things getting serious at the Bundy ranch.  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Things getting serious at the Bundy ranch.
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
Sure I know what's happening! When the topic at hand is looked at objectively, you have no resort but to communicate in bacon and little kitty cat memes!  :rofl:

Nope.

I won't speak for anyone else, but what's really happening is that I don't take you seriously because you're a proglodyte. Your only value to me is entertainment value.

In the real world, I divorced myself from all leftist fascists, collectivists, and redistributionists. Your kameraden in the real world offer me nothing, and get nothing from me.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2014, 04:10:59 PM »
All it takes is one liberal troll.

I love America!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline willcross

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »
Nope.

I won't speak for anyone else, but what's really happening is that I don't take you seriously because you're a proglodyte. Your only value to me is entertainment value.

In the real world, I divorced myself from all leftist fascists, collectivists, and redistributionists. Your kameraden in the real world offer me nothing, and get nothing from me.

I'm a collectivist?

I want Bundy to pay to use the land, since he does not own it. He has no deed to it and has never paid property tax on it. I would have him invest money in the use of the land, and through his hard work, turn a profit.

Bundy wants free use of land that is collectively owned by the taxpayers, through the federal govt.

“My center is giving way, my right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking.”

Offline longview

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
I'm a collectivist?

I want Bundy to pay to use the land, since he does not own it. He has no deed to it and has never paid property tax on it. I would have him invest money in the use of the land, and through his hard work, turn a profit.

Bundy wants free use of land that is collectively owned by the taxpayers, through the federal govt.

No he doesn't. 

He does want to deal with the state of NV who never sold the land.  He wants contracts to be adhered to.  He wants the other party in a contract to do their part, as he has done his.  He wants actual science to influence land policies, not cronyism.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
I'm a collectivist?

Yes, you are a collectivist. Referring to land "collectively owned by the taxpayer, through the federal gov't" is a tell.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline willcross

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Things getting serious at the Bundy ranch
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
No he doesn't.  

He does want to deal with the state of NV who never sold the land.  He wants contracts to be adhered to.  He wants the other party in a contract to do their part, as he has done his.  He wants actual science to influence land policies, not cronyism.

Why did he pay the blm before they changed his allowance? Wasn't it just as unjust back then, when it was a sweet deal for him? Didn't the govt not own the land then either?

Isn't it strange how his revelation that the govt doesn't own that land didn't occur until it became profitable for him to ignore the law?

Why would he deal with the state of Nevada. The state doesn't even claim to own the land. That's like me insisting on paying my brother my mortgage payment because I like him more than the bank.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:04:20 PM by willcross »
“My center is giving way, my right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking.”

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »
Why would he deal with the state of Nevada. The state doesn't even claim to own the land.

Your right the state of Nevada, under current law, cannot take payment for grazing rights.

I think this would be the correct resolution to this current stand off.

Lawmakers from Western states said Friday that the time has come for them to take control of federal lands within their borders and suggested the standoff this month between a Nevada rancher and the federal government was a problem waiting to happen.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/19/western-lawmakers-strategize-on-taking-control-federal-lands/?intcmp=latestnews

I agree with Bundy, the federal government can kiss my a**.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline longview

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Why did he pay the blm before they changed his allowance? Wasn't it just as unjust back then, when it was a sweet deal for him? Didn't the govt not own the land then either?

Isn't it strange how his revelation that the govt doesn't own that land didn't occur until it became profitable for him to ignore the law?

Why would he deal with the state of Nevada. The state doesn't even claim to own the land. That's like me insisting on paying my brother my mortgage payment because I like him more than the bank.

Back when the blm first took over, they did follow the contract.  And, it's not really profitable for him to not pay.  It'd be easier to pay. 

Part of the issue he, and others, has with this whole mess is that NV didn't follow the law when letting the blm and feds in.

There is a group of attorneys meeting in SLC, UT digging through law and cases looking at all this.  Not just in the west.  It affects land and people in other states, too.

This has been going on for a really long time.  Many people laid down and let the blm, or epa, or forest service put them out of business or make them leave areas where they had lived for generations. 

This guy didn't.  It needs to get sorted out. 

I suspect the resolution will fall in the middle, with dashes of cronyism, greed, abuse of federal power, re-interpretation of law. 

Oh, and probably the creation of a new federal agency, since that seems to too often happen!

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
A lot of parallels to the Kelo case.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline longview

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
A link to a clearer summary of why the land the blm says is fed, is not.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/19/do-the-feds-really-own-the-land-in-nevada-nope/

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Re: Re: Things getting serious at the Bundy ranch.
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2014, 02:48:32 AM »
Why would I want a Waco situation? Ideally Bundy would have either accepted the new arrangements and found a new place to graze. If no other places were available, he could have sold the cattle and invested into another venture such as expanding his melon farm? Instead he wants the government to support him by allowing him to use their land for free.

No that's not true. There was never going to be a new suitable place for Bundy to graze.  The intent by the Feds was to drive Bundy OUT of the ranching business al together. Just like they'd done to every other rancher in the state.

Which you seem to have no problem with.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Re: Re: Things getting serious at the Bundy ranch.
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2014, 02:50:06 AM »
No he doesn't. 

He does want to deal with the state of NV who never sold the land.  He wants contracts to be adhered to.  He wants the other party in a contract to do their part, as he has done his.  He wants actual science to influence land policies, not cronyism.

^^^ This!

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
I'm a collectivist?

So explain to me how a government agency, founded in 1946, "owns" nearly 90 percent of the land of a state that was formed in 1864.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
So explain to me how a government agency, founded in 1946, "owns" nearly 90 percent of the land of a state that was formed in 1864.
This should be good. But I'm predicting not.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.