Author Topic: War with Iraq?  (Read 11313 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: War with Iraq?
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »

I'll get back to you when you actually want to discuss the subject with me and not do some ****ed up piled on. Sorry, the pile on pissed me off and I don't care to discuss now.

Typical Bridget.  When the going gets tough...she gets going....out the door that is.

Can someone please lock the door this time. Keep her and her stupidity over at NU where it belongs.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
Hehe. I've heard it my whole life. It basically means, I really don't give a sh*t. A "tinker's damn (or dam)" being something of little value.

The phrase dates back to the Middle Ages.  It originated with ironworkers.  As Rebel said, it means a small makeshift reservoir for braising compounds and such.  It became worthless with use.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
Airwolf. Hates liberals. Badcat. Hates liberals. Both not happy unless they can be stepping on them. Zaf. Hates liberals and has no desire to be their equal.

And this is wrong? Hell everything a liberal stands for should be hated. FFS the number of people that have died due to liberals in office alone should tell anyone that following down that path is wrong. How many people have to pay the price of liberal failures? Just look at how many cities alone have become hellholes due to liberal mismanagement. Detroit didn't get the way it is becuse Bush got elected President.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2008, 03:54:44 PM »
Hehe. I've heard it my whole life. It basically means, I really don't give a sh*t. A "tinker's damn (or dam)" being something of little value.

I never heard it before.

My Dad and Grandpa would always say "I don't give a horse's patoot" etc  :-)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:03:29 PM by Servonaut »

Offline Lanie

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
Oh, and getting back to the subject (that is if you all have the ability to discuss the subject and not cut down the poster. I'm wondering about the intellect at the moment in light of the pile on), how does something being a "liberal" source take away from the fact that the people that the Iraqis voted for (by 52 percent at the least) want a withdrawal based on a time table?

Seriously guys, if you can't do better than insults, then I have to wonder about YOUR intellect. It sounds like it's not very high.

I'll be honest here, your way of "debating" drives me nuts.  It reminds me of Bok only not quite as calm and witty.  You are obtuse and the difference between you and Bok is that I don't think you are obtuse on purpose while he does it to piss people off.  Have you ever stopped to wonder why you seem to rub a great number of people the wrong way?  Could it perhaps be you and not them?  This has nothing to do with you holding the views you do, it is your reasons behind your views.  They seem very 'in the moment" and not deeply held.  If you had any power you would be the kind of person who would rule by polls, which to me is very infantile.  You embody the very stereotype of a liberal as far as conservatives are concerned.  I guess it makes sense, you are a liberal after all.

Seriously, why are you here?  I'm not trying to be mean, I really want to know.  You have your little corner of the net, why would you want to even participate at a place that does not respect you?  It says more about you than it does any of us.  If you feel our intellect is juvenile, why stay?

BEG, even CU knows how to disagree with me without insulting now. It's THIS BOARD. Something is terribly wrong with some of the people on here. Let's see. Patriot Game. The guy who threatened me more than once at CU until I called his bluff. TxRadioguy. Was okay with me as long as he was a mod, could have his way. He comes off as a spoiled brat that has to have his way. Airwolf. Hates liberals. Badcat. Hates liberals. Both not happy unless they can be stepping on them. Zaf. Hates liberals and has no desire to be their equal. Neither does a lot of people here for that matter. It basically looks like the worst of CU. There's something wrong with THIS BOARD, not the rest of the internet world like you all claim.

As for why I'm here, what can I say? After so much seeking off attention over here, they got mine. Seriously Beg, why do you honestly believe people here should have a right to seek attention on a regular basis and not get it? That's sounds spoiled. Like a bratty type of spoiled. Truth is if people weren't seeking attention here on a regular basis, I never would have registered.

And then I got here and found out that not everybody here is the trashiest, brattiest part of CU. So unlike the rest of the internet world, I'm actually wanting to give you a chance.

I promised staff I'd be nicer, but nobody in their right mind can be nice to spoiled brats like the ones in this thread. I've worked with at risk kids who were better behaved.
ENOUGH! I don't give a tinker's damn about what happened on CU in the past. I also don't care about what transpires on other boards now. I made it crystal clear to you in another conversation that people here travel in overlapping circles and everyone knows everyone else from different boards. I also said you needed to contribute and debate honestly if you wanted to be taken seriously.

So far, everyone has done a good job of towing the line and not dredging up the past or drama from other boards (for the most part). But calling out people on CC for their past behavior on CU and listing them by name and airing old grievances? NOT COOL lanie. Not cool at all.

Let me make this clear to everyone: stop picking at old wounds. This is not an official warning. Just a plea to keep CC's integrity. You guys are all adults and have free reign here. Use it wisely. I think it's safe to assume that everyone is familiar with Lanie's opinions and posting style. And Lanie clearly has opinons about some of you. That's fine. Think what you want about each other. But for the love of Mike, please try to stay on topic. If you really must hash it out, go to the Fight Club. You can bash, trash and mash each other to your heart's content there.

They're the ones who started the personal attacks and pile ons. Seriously, follow the thread. Watch who starts up the personal insults. It's NOT me. It's others. I just gave some of the same back. To be brutally honest, I'm not convinced I can have a discussion here.

And BTW, people calling me "Bridget" and bringing up me at CU is actually meant to open up old wounds.

I can put a hundred percent into things on my part. But I don't see people here even putting one percent into it.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
Do you really want to take the "Well he started it, Mom!!!" route? Come on. I did read the whole thread. You are dishing it out in spades.

I'm not going to go around the mulberry bush with you Lanie. Take my previous post as the only gentle reminder that you are going to get. You are welcome to continue to contribute to CC. I suggest you take my advice and let it go. I'm also going to give the same advice to everyone else. And at the risk of repeating myself guys, take it to the Fight Club if you can't leave it alone. I said you guys had free reign and were adults. Act like it. Please??
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »

. It's NOT me. It's others. I just gave some of the same back. 

Get over your self pity.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
They're the ones who started the personal attacks and pile ons. Seriously, follow the thread. Watch who starts up the personal insults. It's NOT me. It's others. I just gave some of the same back. To be brutally honest, I'm not convinced I can have a discussion here.

And BTW, people calling me "Bridget" and bringing up me at CU is actually meant to open up old wounds.

I can put a hundred percent into things on my part. But I don't see people here even putting one percent into it.
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

You're close to 30 now, aren't you?  Still the drama queen though, huh? 

And as for your contention that "we all think only Fox is right," a university in California did a study and found that...surprise, surprise...the MSM is mostly left-wing...EVEN FOX.  NPR was almost as far right as Fox. 

When you're wrong, you're wrong...and you're wrong a LOT.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »
I figure most people here probably think we should have went in. Should we stay? Why or why not? I was for staying until stabilization, but I recently read an article stating that some Iraqi legislators want us to go home, so I think we should go home.

Thoughts?

How utterly naive of you. 

Wow....

Gorgeous, subtle, brutally honest and to the point.....

What's not to love about BEG?

:bow: :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »
Wow....

Gorgeous, subtle, brutally honest and to the point.....

What's not to love about BEG?

:bow: :-)

She's married to the wrong Kevin, maybe?  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »
And actually, I do have quite a bit of knowledge of politics and the media, including the fact that many conservatives think anything that isn't Fox is liberal. A little hard to take the "liberal" accusation seriously IMO.

Bridget, you are not helping yourself.  This post of yours shows more of your ignorance.  You are not the least bit knowledgeable about politics or the media.  If you were, you would not embarrass yourself over and over and over again.  I am assuming you just do not have the mental capacity to actually understand reality.  I suppose it is not your fault, but it is embarrassing for you and I feel sorry for you (because I am a nice guy).  

Let me give you a clue:  It is liberals only who have some glassy-eyed crazed fixation about the FOX News network. Normal people accept it for what it is, which is just another news outlet, which means it is taken with a grain of salt and a dash of scepticism.  

Did you ever hit that nail on the head. The lefty lunatics hate Bush only a wee tad more than they hate Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. I would venture to say they hate Bill O'Reilly more than they hate Osama Bin Laden.  :tongue: :rotf:

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.