Author Topic: War with Iraq?  (Read 11316 times)

Offline Lanie

Re: War with Iraq?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 12:18:59 AM »
I figure most people here probably think we should have went in. Should we stay? Why or why not? I was for staying until stabilization, but I recently read an article stating that some Iraqi legislators want us to go home, so I think we should go home.

Thoughts?

We'll go home when we're done. Enough for you?

Not really. I believe in Iraqi sovereignty. I'm weird like that.

If it wasn't for the fact that most Iraqis appear to want us to set a timetable to leave, I'd be all for staying until stabilization.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »

If it wasn't for the fact that most Iraqis appear to want us to set a timetable to leave, I'd be all for staying until stabilization.

....just not American sovereignty. You libs are kinda weird like that.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 12:59:06 AM »
BTW, the "fact" that you're getting from the "news" is bogus an anti-Bush. (Yes, it's proven that the Mainstream Mediums out there are Anti-Bush). There are a SHITLOAD of veterans and people that have been there on this site. Why don't you ask them? Oh, you think the "news" wouldn't lie to you, right? Typical lib.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lanie

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:38 AM »

....just not American sovereignty. You libs are kinda weird like that.  :whatever:

Where did that come from? I believe in the right of Americans to have whatever leaders they vote for, and I don't favor another country making our decisions.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 06:42:52 AM »
Troop deployments worldwide

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/deploy.htm

Amazing numbers - and amazing how many countries have troops in Iraq, since it's "supposed" to be an American empire thing. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »

Since we are at war with Iraq, would it not be a foredrawn conclusion they want us to leave?  Why didn't Poland ever think to just ask?     

I'm still trying to figure out how we are still "at war" with Iraq when we are doing nothing but training their army...their police force and helping them to rebuild their country.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 06:47:58 AM »

why?

Because quoting a piece from Huffpo holds about as much credibility in REALITY as quiting something from Kos or DU.

You might as well be citing it from a Wiki entry.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 07:11:02 AM »
Quote from: Lanie
I figure most people here probably think we should have went in. Should we stay? Why or why not? I was for staying until stabilization, but I recently read an article stating that some Iraqi legislators want us to go home, so I think we should go home.

hmm...

I don't know if I should interpret what you're saying as meaning that there should be an immediate withdrawal of US forces from Iraq, or that there should be a drawdown and eventual removal AFTER the country is stabilized.

So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean "go home when the job is done".

Now:

Quote from: HuffPo
In a letter to Congress, dovetailing with yesterday's testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight, thirty-one Iraqi legislators, representing a majority of the Iraq Parliament, have expressed "widespread disapproval of the proposed U.S.-Iraq security agreement if it does not include a specific timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. military troops."

Likewise, we wish to inform you that the majority of Iraqi representatives strongly reject any military-security, economic, commercial, agricultural, investment or political agreement with the United States that is not linked to clear mechanisms that obligate the occupying American military forces to fully withdraw from Iraq, in accordance with a declared timetable and without leaving behind any military bases, soldiers or hired fighters.

The Iraqi legislators are trying (much like the Democrats at home) to establish a set timetable for withdrawal, there's no indication from either of the linked stories (both from sources that I consider to be trash) that they're demanding an immediate withdrawal, or anything other than an eventual withdrawal (possibly when the job is done).

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 07:14:22 AM »
They don't want us to go home. 

Not what I'm reading. Up to seventy percent want it.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/04/iraq-parliament/

And the majority of legislators in Iraq want a withdrawal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/05/majority-of-iraqi-legisla_n_105427.html
Yeah, those are reliable, unbiased "sources".   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 07:15:43 AM »

Thoughts?

We'll go home when we're done. Enough for you?

Fact???  Got proof???
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
144 Shiites signing a bill, that was drafted by Muqtada Al-Sadr and who are loyal to the 11 Iranian Shiite imans, out of 275 is not "70%". It's roughly 52%.

If you're right, that would still be a majority.

They want, as LC Efa has already stated, the pact for our continued presence there to include a timetable for military withdrawl, so, they can bide their time, fill ranks in the Mahdi Army, and procure hardware from Iran, Russia, China, etc. before they launch strikes on the ethnic minorities that also constitute Iraq for the conquest of the nation as an expansion of the state of Iran.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lanie

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »

why?

Because quoting a piece from Huffpo holds about as much credibility in REALITY as quiting something from Kos or DU.

Hmmm. Let me check out Huffington Post background and get back to you. I know some sources are truly liberal (that one called "The Progress" is probably liberal), but I remember you think it's all liberal except maybe Fox.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »

why?

Hmmm. Let me check out Huffington Post background and get back to you. I know some sources are truly liberal (that one called "The Progress" is probably liberal), but I remember you think it's all liberal except maybe Fox.

LOL  :rotf:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:21 AM »

:whatever:

Bridget you are pathetic.  Pure and simple...pathetic.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »

why?

Hmmm.  If someone as active on internet political websites as you does not already know the history of a nutcase site like Huffington Post, then you are W-A-Y over your head here.  

Why don't you take a break from posting for a month or two?  You should use this time to educate yourself.  You embarrass yourself much too often.  You couldn't possibly be comfortable with your present level of knowledge.  

When you must stop to "research" something as well known as the Huffington Post, and when you don't already know it is a joke to everyone of any intellect, you aren't ready to participate here or anywhere politics is discussed.    

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »

Thoughts?

Yea, you're a moron.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »

Hmmm.  If someone as active on internet political websites as you does not already know the history of a nutcase site like Huffington Post, then you are W-A-Y over your head here.  

Why don't you take a break from posting for a month or two?  You should use this time to educate yourself.  You embarrass yourself much too often.  You couldn't possibly be comfortable with your present level of knowledge.  

When you must stop to "research" something as well known as the Huffington Post, and when you don't already know it is a joke to everyone of any intellect, you aren't ready to participate here or anywhere politics is discussed.    

:clap:

Offline Lanie

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Wow. This is what happens when I try to participate and be nice. A bunch of people acting like middle schoolers who have nothing better than insults. Okay.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »
And actually, I do have quite a bit of knowledge of politics and the media, including the fact that many conservatives think anything that isn't Fox is liberal. A little hard to take the "liberal" accusation seriously IMO.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 12:09:52 PM »
Oh, and getting back to the subject (that is if you all have the ability to discuss the subject and not cut down the poster. I'm wondering about the intellect at the moment in light of the pile on), how does something being a "liberal" source take away from the fact that the people that the Iraqis voted for (by 52 percent at the least) want a withdrawal based on a time table?

Seriously guys, if you can't do better than insults, then I have to wonder about YOUR intellect. It sounds like it's not very high.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 12:16:23 PM »
And actually, I do have quite a bit of knowledge of politics and the media, including the fact that many conservatives think anything that isn't Fox is liberal. A little hard to take the "liberal" accusation seriously IMO.

Bridget, you are not helping yourself.  This post of yours shows more of your ignorance.  You are not the least bit knowledgeable about politics or the media.  If you were, you would not embarrass yourself over and over and over again.  I am assuming you just do not have the mental capacity to actually understand reality.  I suppose it is not your fault, but it is embarrassing for you and I feel sorry for you (because I am a nice guy).  

Let me give you a clue:  It is liberals only who have some glassy-eyed crazed fixation about the FOX News network. Normal people accept it for what it is, which is just another news outlet, which means it is taken with a grain of salt and a dash of scepticism.  

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 12:22:58 PM »
Oh, and getting back to the subject (that is if you all have the ability to discuss the subject and not cut down the poster. I'm wondering about the intellect at the moment in light of the pile on), how does something being a "liberal" source take away from the fact that the people that the Iraqis voted for (by 52 percent at the least) want a withdrawal based on a time table?

Seriously guys, if you can't do better than insults, then I have to wonder about YOUR intellect. It sounds like it's not very high.

I'll be honest here, your way of "debating" drives me nuts.  It reminds me of Bok only not quite as calm and witty.  You are obtuse and the difference between you and Bok is that I don't think you are obtuse on purpose while he does it to piss people off.  Have you ever stopped to wonder why you seem to rub a great number of people the wrong way?  Could it perhaps be you and not them?  This has nothing to do with you holding the views you do, it is your reasons behind your views.  They seem very 'in the moment" and not deeply held.  If you had any power you would be the kind of person who would rule by polls, which to me is very infantile.  You embody the very stereotype of a liberal as far as conservatives are concerned.  I guess it makes sense, you are a liberal after all.

Seriously, why are you here?  I'm not trying to be mean, I really want to know.  You have your little corner of the net, why would you want to even participate at a place that does not respect you?  It says more about you than it does any of us.  If you feel our intellect is juvenile, why stay?

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »

Constructive criticism is not an insult.  Grownups know this already.  The bolded line in your post once again shows how limited you are when it comes to discussing politics and the media.

Let me give you another clue, which also happens to be an undeniable fact:  Liberalism cannot exist without lies and distortions.  Your apparent inability to recognize this fact and reality makes you unable to converse with folks who already know what you should have picked up on years ago.

Your "52%" argument is baseless and pointless.   It has nothing to do with reality.  You know it, or at least should.  You continue to be an embarrassment.  Take some time off and use it to learn about reality.    

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »

Typical broadbrush on your part Bridget.

And having dealt with all of us on at least one other board where this stuff is concerned...you SHOULD know better than to come in here with your vague Liberal talking point memos about Iraq et al and think you can slip them by us.

ESPECIALLY when there are several of us here that have actually BEEN to Iraq...have actually deat and lived with and among the Iraqi's and have a better sense of what really is going on in Iraq than the Pseudo Intellectual folks like yourself.

And as for you boo-hooing about us being mean?  

get ovver it.

Toughen up and make your arguments in a factual way that don't sound like typical air headded babble from your buddies a the DUmp.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
Back to the subject Bridget.

Which lawmakers in Iraq are calling for us to leave?

Please link to come credible....factual evidence that 70% want us to come home?