Author Topic: Conservativeunderground.com is currently under a total re-construction.  (Read 18531 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Why back up all of that crap ?So what if the 'post counts'went down .They have deleted all of that ron_paul bull*hit by now !

A backup isn't just posts. It's member data, avatars, PMs, and everything else.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline megimoo

We have two mirrored SATA drives. If a drive fails, the other one has all the information needed. We also have a 3rd SATA drive sitting in the 3rd bay of the server. I couldn't connect it because I only had two SATA connections. I could have connected it via IDE and gone with a better RAID, but what we have is sufficient. One drive dies, the other keeps working. The spare is used to replace the dead drive and we copy all information over to the new drive. They trash the bad drive and I send'em a new one to put into the spare slot. A drive failure wouldn't bring us down. A SATA controller, yes, but it damn sure wouldn't take 6 days.

Oh, and I still have my account at Dreamhost and Go Daddy. Our server fails, we do a temp move back to the old host until the problem is resolved.

I know next to nothing about web hosting servers, but what you describe is exactly the way my video server RAID works.....I have ten 73.6 Gb drives, and if one fails, I simply unplug it and hot-swap a new drive in....takes the system about 30 minutes to configure and load the new drive, but the process is invisible to the output.....

doc
Talk about the 'dark ages 'and data vaults gone by.Seventy three gigs was a ton of storage at one time, my current computer has dual three hundred GB's drives !

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Talk about the 'dark ages 'and data vaults gone by.Seventy three gigs was a ton of storage at one time, my current computer has dual three hundred GB's drives !

They're not SCSI drives. 73Gb is a standard SCSI drive. You're either running an IDE or a SATA.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jendf

If all this was planned, as the posts makes it sound, why was it not announced so the members would be aware of the downtime and maybe get excited about the changes?  To just disappear unannouced on a Friday afternoon seems sort of cheesy and now seems plain dishonest.

Agreed. A little warning would have been lovely.

Unless they really weren't expecting this crash and decided, "Hey, since we're down, let's make some changes."

Offline megimoo

I'm still wondering if the redesign will include a member purge and a new name.
"DayThreadsRUs.com"?
"We B TOTD's"?
"WellAboutThreeOfUsAreReallyConservativesUnderground"?
They will keep the members files in hopes that some will return.The Gator/bans most likely will remain in force.

Gator must have been given the boot until things cool off for a while.
I occasionally read his posts at NU and DU and he still likes to stir the S*it with his enemies,those who disagree with him !

Offline megimoo

If all this was planned, as the posts makes it sound, why was it not announced so the members would be aware of the downtime and maybe get excited about the changes?  To just disappear unannouced on a Friday afternoon seems sort of cheesy and now seems plain dishonest.
It could also be a major hardware problem requiring a move to another server and while downloading the software they also decided to go with
an new release/update.

Those latest and greatest software updates and new releases are always last to be loaded when up and running.

Moo!  The perpetual cat preparing to leave the litter box.  
You need constant feeding for your ego is a fragile little thing !

Offline Lord Undies

It could also be a major hardware problem requiring a move to another server and while downloading the software they also decided to go with
an new release/update.

Those latest and greatest software updates and new releases are always last to be loaded when up and running.

Moo!  The perpetual cat preparing to leave the litter box.  
You need constant feeding for your ego is a fragile little thing !

Thank you for always being there for me.

Offline megimoo

Unless they really weren't expecting this crash and decided, "Hey, since we're down, let's make some changes."

Bingo, now see if you can explain that concept to the 'Great and Wise Texas Oz'?

Offline jendf

Bingo, now see if you can explain that concept to the 'Great and Wise Texas Oz'?

Say what?  :???:

Offline Lord Undies

It is not lost on me, CowNoise.  I said it would be honest to say so instead of pretending it was planned.

Now I have explained it to you.  Your confusion is but a memory (until next time).

Offline jendf

Oh, now I get it. You were insulting Undies.

Carry on then!  :-)

Offline megimoo

It is not lost on me, CowNoise.  I said it would be honest to say so instead of pretending it was planned.

Now I have explained it to you.  Your confusion is but a memory (until next time).
Between you and the other demon your preoccupation with Evil underwear is troubling !
Now pay attention,If a thing breaks and you decide to replace it with a new thing wouldn't be a good idea to select one with new bright paint on it ??Hmmmmmmmm?

Offline megimoo

Oh, now I get it. You were insulting Undies.

Carry on then!  :-)
No,Not insulting him but an frustrating attempt at edifying him ! 

Offline Lord Undies

Between you and the other demon your preoccupation with Evil underwear is troubling !
Now pay attention,If a thing breaks and you decide to replace it with a new thing wouldn't be a good idea to select one with new bright paint on it ??Hmmmmmmmm?

My younger brother is a lot like you.  He has the hardest time grasping the simpliest concepts.  

Let me try one last time.  CU upgrading at this opportune time is wise and understandable.  To pretend it was a scheduled event, when it clearly wasn't, is dishonest.  Their information "releases" should not try to fool people into believing something which is not fact.

I really don't care one way or the other.  I seems important to you so I play along.

Offline megimoo

My younger brother is a lot like you.  He has the hardest time grasping the simpliest concepts.  

Let me try one last time.  CU upgrading at this opportune time is wise and understandable.  To pretend it was a scheduled event, when it clearly wasn't, is dishonest.  Their information "releases" should not try to fool people into believing something which is not fact.

I really don't care one way or the other.  I seems important to you so I play along.
My condolences to your younger brother.A lifetime of frustrations must be his lot with you.This discourse is begining to read like the Screwtape letters but it seems to fit the situation !But being unsure of your abilitys I will enclose a small reference :

The Screwtape Letters....aka The Lord Undies Letters

The Screwtape Letters is a work of Christian satire by C. S. Lewis first published in book form in 1942. The story takes the form of a series of letters from a senior demon, Screwtape, to his nephew, a junior tempter named Wormwood, so as to advise him on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man, known only as "the Patient."

Screwtape (along with his trusted scribe Toadpipe) holds an administrative post in the bureaucracy ("Lowerarchy") of Hell, and acts more as a mentor than a supervisor to Wormwood, the inexperienced tempter; almost every letter ends with the signature, "You affectionate uncle, Screwtape." In the body of the thirty-one letters which make up the book, Screwtape gives Wormwood detailed advice on various methods of undermining faith and promoting sin in his Patient, interspersed with observations on human nature and Christian doctrine.

Offline Lord Undies

My condolences to your younger brother.A lifetime of frustrations must be his lot with you.This discourse is begining to read like the Screwtape letters but it seems to fit the situation !But being unsure of your abilitys I will enclose a small reference :

The Screwtape Letters....aka The Lord Undies Letters

The Screwtape Letters is a work of Christian satire by C. S. Lewis first published in book form in 1942. The story takes the form of a series of letters from a senior demon, Screwtape, to his nephew, a junior tempter named Wormwood, so as to advise him on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man, known only as "the Patient."

Screwtape (along with his trusted scribe Toadpipe) holds an administrative post in the bureaucracy ("Lowerarchy") of Hell, and acts more as a mentor than a supervisor to Wormwood, the inexperienced tempter; almost every letter ends with the signature, "You affectionate uncle, Screwtape." In the body of the thirty-one letters which make up the book, Screwtape gives Wormwood detailed advice on various methods of undermining faith and promoting sin in his Patient, interspersed with observations on human nature and Christian doctrine.

I always thought The Screwtape Letters was Lewis' attempt to ripoff Dickens.  Maybe that is because I read The Screwtape Letters and Great Expectations in the same week.

I never did get around to reading "Screwtape Proposes a Toast".  I should put that on my list of small things to do. 

Offline Airwolf

CU has had crashes almost every year, which explains why there are no posts before 2005. I remember CU was down in 2005 and they had a temporary forum for a couple weeks and was restored with a clean slate.

Nice to know someone over there knows what a f'n backup is.  :uhsure:

I'll be thrilled if all traces of Demonic Underwear is gone forever. 

I too will be happy to see that ass Airwolf removed from CU............Oh Wait a minute.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline megimoo

CU has had crashes almost every year, which explains why there are no posts before 2005. I remember CU was down in 2005 and they had a temporary forum for a couple weeks and was restored with a clean slate.

I too will be happy to see that ass Airwolf removed from CU............Oh Wait a minute.
What did you do p*ss in the Gators Collard Greens and blackeye peas ?

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

You're crossing the line now with this talk of Blackeye peas and Collards  :bird:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline megimoo

You're crossing the line now with this talk of Blackeye peas and Collards  :bird:
I haven't even mentioned the boiled peanuts or screwing alligators yet !

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion

You need to ****ing leave boiled peanuts alone................ :hammer:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd

You need to ****ing leave boiled peanuts alone................ :hammer:

Mmmmmm Cajun Style

Offline megimoo

You need to ******* leave boiled peanuts alone................ :hammer:
So the screwing Gators part is true then ?

Offline Airwolf

Yes I think I did. Not going to apologize for it either. It's not like I'm going to be missed over there.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
...so you can make it go, right?

:-)

It will never stop.

Oh, and who the hell did you piss off?
Probably  the nocturnally fowl one got bored and hit the BS key for an hour or so.  The count only goes up when it's around.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.