Author Topic: D.C. court quashes SEC's attempt to empower unions  (Read 1068 times)

Offline formerlurker

D.C. court quashes SEC's attempt to empower unions
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:16 AM »
SEC Smackdown
A D.C. court quashes the agency's attempt to empower unions.

'Unutterably mindless."

That was one of the choice phrases the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals offered Friday in its ruling on the Securities and Exchange Commission's latest attempt to give unions more sway over corporate boards. The judicial smackdown, which overturns an SEC rule, raises some embarrassing questions about the competence of the agency's lawyers—and the political motivations of its leadership.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903554904576462612867406194.html?mod=djemEditorialPage_h

Total headline reader on this article because I do not have a subscription to WSJ, so I can't read entire article.  Will have to pick up print copy today.

Very interesting article.   The SEC is out of its mind here.   Imagine if this passed under the radar?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: D.C. court quashes SEC's attempt to empower unions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
I can only imagine.
Will need to look around after I get home.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”