Author Topic: NH: Senate votes to end tests for seniors renewing license  (Read 10688 times)

Offline formerlurker

Senate votes to end tests for seniors renewing license
By TOM FAHEY
State House Bureau Chief
9 hours, 10 minutes ago

CONCORD – Drivers over age 75 would no longer be required to take driving tests to renew their licenses under a bill the Senate approved Thursday.
The Senate passed House Bill 549 (click to view status), which ends a state requirement that all drivers over 75 take the test. The House passed the bill last month.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Senate+votes+to+end+tests+for+seniors+renewing+license&articleId=b51da433-0f60-4a4c-ae95-5406f966d444

The best part is they don't need to have auto insurance either in the personal responsibility state of NH.   Keep them the hell within the borders of NH please.

Offline longview

Re: NH: Senate votes to end tests for seniors renewing license
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:17:26 AM »
I didn't know any state DID have a mandatory test for elders, but I think it's a good idea.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:59:09 AM »
Around here, we have TONS of elderly people and a good majority of them shouldn't be driving, IMO. They're always causing slow ups, near accidents (if others weren't watching out for them), and other problems. Seriously, 15 MPH in a 35 MPH zone??  People can run faster than many of them drive. Also, around here, the elderly are notorious for stopping on a freeway entrance ramp of trying to merge in 70 MPH traffic at 40-45MPH.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Senate+votes+to+end+tests+for+seniors+renewing+license&articleId=b51da433-0f60-4a4c-ae95-5406f966d444

The best part is they don't need to have auto insurance either in the personal responsibility state of NH.   Keep them the hell within the borders of NH please.

And while you're at it, keep the Massholes on your side of the border.  None of ya'll can drive worth a shit.  Ever heard of turn signals?  Must not have cause ya never ****in use them.  Following distance?  Pfft.  Lights?  Merely a suggestion.

If you want to keep this thread alive, we'll post stories...I'll start with all the ****ing Masshole idiots getting killed at Bike Week up in Laconia come June.

Or better yet, this one was a hoot:

LINK

Now, to your point, should seniors be required to test more often?  Yes.  Do they in every state?  No.

Oh, and LOOKY HERE--MASSHOLE SENIORS AREN'T REQUIRED TO TEST EITHER!!!!

LINK 2

LINK 3

Illinois and New Hampshire are the only states that require senior drivers to perform a road test when seeking license renewal.

Pot.  Kettle.  Black.

Now stay on your ****ing side of the border already.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Gee, Sparky, sounds like you were stuck behind a blue-hair with Massawhatsit plates on your way in today!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »
Gee, Sparky, sounds like you were stuck behind a blue-hair with Massawhatsit plates on your way in today!

Zeit can back me up on a lot of the more annoying habits of Masshole/transplant drivers.  Granted, native "downeaster" Maine drivers are no better with their philosophy of never driving their car faster than they can drive their tractors, but hey, they're easily enough avoided.

Frankly, FL likes sniping at NH only because she'd move up here in a half-second, given the chance.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P7_t4-WsB8[/youtube]
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »
We get out-of-towners and retirees doing 40 on the 55mph road that runs by the airport.  It's a PITA when some of us have to get to work on time.

I almost got run into by the same blue minivan twice yesterday on the same stretch of road.  :bird:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:27:32 AM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »
And while you're at it, keep the Massholes on your side of the border.  None of ya'll can drive worth a shit.  Ever heard of turn signals?  Must not have cause ya never ****in use them.  Following distance?  Pfft.  Lights?  Merely a suggestion.

If you want to keep this thread alive, we'll post stories...I'll start with all the ****ing Masshole idiots getting killed at Bike Week up in Laconia come June.

Or better yet, this one was a hoot:

LINK

Now, to your point, should seniors be required to test more often?  Yes.  Do they in every state?  No.

Oh, and LOOKY HERE--MASSHOLE SENIORS AREN'T REQUIRED TO TEST EITHER!!!!

LINK 2

LINK 3

Illinois and New Hampshire are the only states that require senior drivers to perform a road test when seeking license renewal.

Pot.  Kettle.  Black.

Now stay on your ****ing side of the border already.

MA insurance rates are through the roof because we have a steady stream of those personal responsibility assholes who travel into MA every single day to work, cause accidents, and have no insurance to pay for the damage they cause.    Add to that the amount of NH residents who travel to the Cape, Boston and Fenway for tourist reasons and we see one hell of a lot more traffic coming into MA than MA residents going into NH.  

MA police officers are allowed to pull over a senior citizen, impound their vehicle and take away their license until they pass a test at the registry should they be spotted driving erratically, or doing 20 mph on the highway.    

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
MA insurance rates are through the roof because we have a steady stream of those personal responsibility assholes who travel into MA every single day to work, cause accidents, and have no insurance to pay for the damage they cause.    Add to that the amount of NH residents who travel to the Cape, Boston and Fenway for tourist reasons and we see one hell of a lot more traffic coming into MA than MA residents going into NH.  

MA police officers are allowed to pull over a senior citizen, impound their vehicle and take away their license until they pass a test at the registry should they be spotted driving erratically, or doing 20 mph on the highway.    

Horse.  ****ing.  SHIT.  You make it sound like NH is the source of all your problems.  I am throwing the bullshit flag high, and throwing it far.

NH uninsured rates are less than most portions of the country, and they can still be cited by police (depending upon the state) for not having insurance, or at least be forced to post bond for any "at-fault" accident, whether in NH or another state.  The reason your rates are so friggin high is for several reasons--higher theft rates, and higher ACCIDENT rates, usually caused by idiot drivers.  They're certainly not limited to any state, but having held licenses in NM, FL, IL, GA, CO, CA, HI, and NH, allow me to make a few anecdotal observations, if I may:

--Mass. drivers ARE the worst overall.  They tailgate.  They drive on the shoulder.  They yak on their cellphones and text while driving.  Then they notice they're missing their exit and cut over four lanes in an attempt to make their exit, and give a rat's ass about the C&J bus that just had to slam and swerve to avoid being hit by said asshole.  To use a turn signal would be considered a sign of weakness.  I've seen them make left turns out of the right lane, INTO traffic.  They do not yield when merging into traffic.  Pedestrians?  Crosswalks?  **** 'em, they shoulda drove!

And seriously, what the **** is up with your teenagers with their ****ing feet up on the dash or in the driver's window while they drive?  Seriously?

http://www.ircweb.org/news/IRC_UM_012109.pdf

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content37760.aspx

Oh, and again, travel to any border town in NH.  Travel up to Lake Winni.  Conway.  The ski resorts.  The liquor stores on I-93 and I-95, and the Portsmouth traffic circle.  All Massholes, all the ****ing time.  I can count more MA plates than anything else on any given weekend, especially holiday weekends, or when the leaves are turning, etc.  Yes, even more than NH plates.

So before you cast the first stone, FL...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »
 ::)

I just saw your post in which you claim I would move to NH "given the chance."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -- OMG, why in the hell would anyone move there?  the poor red-headed step-cousin of New England?

Born and raised in New England, casualty adjuster in MA.   I know what I speak.    Your anecdotal observations of a few MA residents passing through are amusing.   Come talk to a state trooper in MA who works 93.    You will get properly schooled on NH drivers.

Oh and yes, we get out of state drivers from all over the Northeast.  However, it is by far the majority of NH residents who travel down to work in Boston daily.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
OMG, why in the hell would anyone move there?  the poor red-headed step-cousin of New England?

Born and raised in New England, casualty adjuster in MA.   I know what I speak.    Your anecdotal observations of a few MA residents passing through are amusing.   Come talk to a state trooper in MA who works 93.    You will get properly schooled on NH drivers.

Oh and yes, we get out of state drivers from all over the Northeast.  However, it is by far the majority of NH residents who travel down to work in Boston daily.  

Actually, it's Rhode Island that's the poor red-headed stepchild.  I always heard of RI referred to as the "Kentucky of New England".  And ask about 200,000 of your fellow Massholes who have moved here since the 70's why they'd move here.

And while anecdotal, certainly not isolated.  I know a few NH troopers who will tell you a few stories of idiots at Laconia, etc., or dipshits getting lost in the mountains, running through the Dover and Rochester tolls at 80 mph, etc.  My personal fave is the idiot from Mass who died of hypothermia on Mount Washington.  IN JULY!  No wonder we had to pass a law charging people for their rescue if they were negligent and unprepared.

Drive through Seabrook, Nashua, Salem, etc., on any given weekend.  Tell me I'm wrong.

ETA: Oh, and the reason you have "so many people" from NH working in Boston is because you can't get enough of your own people to qualify, pass the drug test, criminal background checks, et al.  This from a guy who's closer to Boston than you, dear.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:17 PM »
 :whatever:

Dear God -- NH calling RI the red headed step cousin.   Where the hell is Coco to enjoy this with me?   

Google Newport, RI and tell the class what you learn.   :wink:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »
Navy OCS?  Naval Postgraduate School?  IOW, places for the kiddies who couldn't get into ROTC and the Academy.

You've heard of Aristotle?  Plato?  Socrates?  All morons!

Google Dartmouth.  Alan Shepard.  The Dublin Juvenile Library.  The credit union.  Carlton Fisk.  The Transatlantic telegraph cable.  Tupperware.  Bretton Woods Agreement.  The snowmobile.  The chair ski lift.  Dan Brown.  Robert Frost.  P. J. O'Rourke.  Mark Steyn.  Your beloved Don Orsillo.  David Petraeus.  The first state constitution.

And tell the class what YOU learn.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »
Newport RI is where some of the richest (old rich) families in the world live.  Take a drive down sometime then tell me how that compares to Cowhampshire.

History?  MA kind of has it all beat. ;)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »
Yah--you've gone from Patrick Henry and, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" to Barney Frank and, "Spread your ass cheeks so I can **** you to death!!!"

Some kind of beat you've got...

And Newport?  Pfft...it's where Kerry goes to escape taxes.  Go to Rye, York, et al, and tell me there ain't some serious money there.  Ditto some of the properties around Lake Winnipesaukee.  Your hero Mitt "Olive Oil Hair" Romney has a nice spread up there, I hear.  Ditto Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon, et al...funny how they're treated like normal people up here, ain't it?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »
This thread reminds me of two monkeys trying to **** a football.  :lmao:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 02:22:27 PM »

STFU before we march to the ****ing sea and burn Atlanta AGAIN.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Ooh vacation homes, yeah that's the same.  Hahaha.

The great gasby...... not the poor cousin of New England. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

Gina with a very revealing pic in 3....2....1.....
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »
Gina with a very revealing pic in 3....2....1.....

Only if it's got your face on the monkey's ass.  Come to think of it, don't do that, Gina.  The monkey's ass looks better.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
Ooh vacation homes, yeah that's the same.  Hahaha.

The great gasby...... not the poor cousin of New England. 

Newport, RI--a flower in a pile of shit.  Yeah, that'll work.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
STFU before we march to the ****ing sea and burn Atlanta AGAIN.

Bring it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »
Only if it's got your face on the monkey's ass.  Come to think of it, don't do that, Gina.  The monkey's ass looks better.

:rotf: :lmao:

Kinda sounds like you know a LOT about monkey's asses.

Now why would that be?

:whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »
:rotf: :lmao:

Kinda sounds like you know a LOT about monkey's asses.

Now why would that be?

:whistling:

I know a few airedales.