Author Topic: Koran  (Read 11071 times)

Offline cavegal

Koran
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »
What say you?

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Koran
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
If libs think it's such a great idea to burn the American flag, I say it's acceptable to burn the Koran.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
I say no and here's why: 1.) It will just inflame an already homicidal society and potentially cause harm to our troops; 2.) I don't advocate burning the flag or the Bible (or the Torah), either.

Is it illegal to do any of the above?? No. Is it the right thing to do?? Again, no.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
I'm ambivalent.

I supported "Everybody Draw Mohammed" Day and that had just as much potential to alienate work-a-day Muslims as the Koran burning.

I supported it because the little bastards need to be pushed back when they go around pushing everyone to conform to their brand of PC-ism. I'm tired of being told to walk on egg shells so why not just stomp some eggs in defiance.

OTOH, I'm not too keen on this preacher burning Korans.

I think the religious element of the perpetrator is adding a new dynamic in the minds of the target audience. If the Muslims were livid about a secular parody of Mohammed this seems to be ready to set them on edge.

I also think the MSM deliberately overplays the preacher angle to tarnish Christians and by proxy, conservatives as bigots.

It isn't a fair shake but it is what it is.

OTO-OH, remember the now debunked NewsWeak article about the Koran being flushed? That had its origins in secular circles but the rioting after the fact lead to several deaths. NewsWeak is repsonsible for those deaths though they may blanch at the admission.

Perhaps to the Muslim mind dissing Mohammed is one thing but dissing the Koran is beyond tolerance. That being said I believe this particular episode will be as bad if not worse than the NewsWeak article and US service memebers in Af-Pak will pay for it.

Let's I'm wrong.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 03:36:56 PM »
I think we'll see an increase in the number of attacks against Christians in Muslim countries, if an increase is possible, that is.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
I'm sure the RoE/equipment and tech. shortages will be set to hand out plenty of those Courageous Restraint medals once the ragheads get worked into a froth.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »
Whew!!! When I selected "Burn it", I knew I would be in the minority.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »
I'm ambivalent.

I supported "Everybody Draw Mohammed" Day and that had just as much potential to alienate work-a-day Muslims as the Koran burning.

I supported it because the little bastards need to be pushed back when they go around pushing everyone to conform to their brand of PC-ism. I'm tired of being told to walk on egg shells so why not just stomp some eggs in defiance.

OTOH, I'm not too keen on this preacher burning Korans.

I think the religious element of the perpetrator is adding a new dynamic in the minds of the target audience. If the Muslims were livid about a secular parody of Mohammed this seems to be ready to set them on edge.

I also think the MSM deliberately overplays the preacher angle to tarnish Christians and by proxy, conservatives as bigots.

It isn't a fair shake but it is what it is.

OTO-OH, remember the now debunked NewsWeak article about the Koran being flushed? That had its origins in secular circles but the rioting after the fact lead to several deaths. NewsWeak is repsonsible for those deaths though they may blanch at the admission.

Perhaps to the Muslim mind dissing Mohammed is one thing but dissing the Koran is beyond tolerance. That being said I believe this particular episode will be as bad if not worse than the NewsWeak article and US service memebers in Af-Pak will pay for it.

Let's I'm wrong.

Have to be on board with Mr. Snuggle Bunny with this one.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »
Have to be on board with Mr. Snuggle Bunny with this one.

Wow.  I am with MSB, Thor, and Ptarmigan on this. 

Although I am not religious in one little teensy bone in my body, I firmly adhere to "Judge not, lest ye self be Judged."  Gotta walk the high road on this.  But that is JMHO.   How can anyone who reveres the Bible condone the burning of the Koran?  I am not saying I believe the Koran is sacred, I haven't even read it, but what I do know is that it is as sacred to the Muslims, as the Bible should be to Christians. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »
1.) It will just inflame an already homicidal society and potentially cause harm to our troops

I'm totally with that point, and while I understand, and agree with a lot of the points made by those who say "Burn it" I also have to think of my views on building this Mosque in lower Manhattan. Both of these issues are not very well thought out, and insensitive. My blood absolutely boils everytime I hear about a leftist, or a diaper head burning an American flag. I can't condone lighting the Koran up.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
I say no and here's why: 1.) It will just inflame an already homicidal society and potentially cause harm to our troops; 2.) I don't advocate burning the flag or the Bible (or the Torah), either.

Is it illegal to do any of the above?? No. Is it the right thing to do?? Again, no.

What he said, and I agree with the homicidal floppy ear OTOOOH

Intresting to note that almost everyone who posted in this thread is against burning it..........yet the votes are almost 4:1 on burn it  :tinfoil:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
I have no problem with this, sort of like burning the plans to bomb a child's care center.

This crap is an open door to the Muslim faith.  An eye opener as to its actions.

These people are so wound up on their faith that they have lost their humanity, they are the product of 1500 years of brain washing.

These people demand 5 times of prayer a day.  They have the script and follow it, little time to in life for a Muslim to think of much else .

I say BURN that damn book, it is Evil and has no place in the 2000's

If this burning is going to get fanitalic folks that upset, then we have found another under belly to attack.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
I'll just be glad when the whole nonsense is over with.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Could this church have a link to Westboro Baptist Church?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »

Interesting to note that Al Gore and Al Gore Sr. once had ties to WBC.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »

Does it really matter what church has a link to another.?

I cannot see where this church is doing one damn thing illegal by the laws of the USA.

So what if they wish to burn any book they do not like----They have the right as do you or I.

Opponents say this will just cause riot's what ----

We Americans have handled riots before and Others say that we must coddle these people as they have the law on their side.

Give me a break this not a religious belief but a life style that is presented to the world as a faith.

With their oil and the dependency of the world at large it, they will do as they wish.

I do not like book burning in any way or any form.     But in this case I do believe that by burning the Koran will give us an idea of what the Enemy is all about.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
I say burn it because it is about time America pushes back.  Yes we have the greatest military on the planet (I'm sure they're touched that some of y'all are looking out for them...) but the world needs to know that Americans run this country, and Americans have had enough ***** footing around the "muslim street." F**K them. Look at the sh*t that Europe is going through with the muslims attempting to bring sharia law to France and the UK among others ---when are we going to say: enough is enough? When the first pro-sharia lawsuit wins in a NY or CA courtroom?.

50 fools burning a book doesn't make America any more a target then we already are. And our troops around the world have the tools they need to deal with any increased threat.

I don't think this pastor should have started this...but he did and backing down now would be, IMO, far worse then going forward.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline JLO

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

50 fools burning a book doesn't make America any more a target then we already are. And our troops around the world have the tools they need to deal with any increased threat.

I don't think this pastor should have started this...but he did and backing down now would be, IMO, far worse then going forward.

Good point to think on.
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »
I say burn it because it is about time America pushes back.  Yes we have the greatest military on the planet (I'm sure they're touched that some of y'all are looking out for them...) but the world needs to know that Americans run this country, and Americans have had enough ***** footing around the "muslim street." F**K them. Look at the sh*t that Europe is going through with the muslims attempting to bring sharia law to France and the UK among others ---when are we going to say: enough is enough? When the first pro-sharia lawsuit wins in a NY or CA courtroom?.

I disagree , the pastor had the responsibility to insure that Christinanity is not attacked.  This is his job to bring the story of Jesus to his people and then to attack those that those, WHO wish to bring down Jesus.

Burning the books is a symbolic action, non terrorist or in any way in your face.

\ Can anyone tell me this is not collective insanity or mind control when people half a world away riot  about a single man who lives thousads of miles away decides to burn what to them is  a holy book.

/give me s break that book is in no need of protection, regardless of who decides to burn it there are thousands of them for the public

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »
Our problem is we go around thinking if we don't piss off the bully in the school yard he'll leave us alone and we'll have lunch money. But everybody knows sometimes you have to pop the MFer square in the nose before the sh*t stops.

Muslims THINK ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE DEAD OR SLAVES - THAT"S WHAT THEY ARE TAUGHT. How is burning their book going to make it worse? And again, I'm not saying it's going to make it better, but why should America care if islam hates us more, no matter what they'll NEVER like us??

America has been asking for a few days less then 9 years now "where are the moderate muslims?" The short answer is there are none. 
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »

You raise a good point.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »
Burn baby burn. 9/11 is a special day for Americans and if a book burning pisses off Muzzies tough shit. I don't want the mosque to be built at ground zero. So, if these wackos want to fire up a bunch of books, let them have at it. The idea that insulting these pissants is going to put American troops in danger is idiotic. I am insulted that Obama and Bloomy bend over backwards to appease Muslims, and turn around and kick Christians in the ass. 

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
Can anyone tell me this is not collective insanity or mind control when people half a world away riot  about a single man who lives thousads of miles away decides to burn what to them is  a holy book.

Hell yes it is insanity. Of the highest order. Howeer, that's what you get when you have a television network that breeds hate, and uses only stories like this on their broadcasts to stream hate to the masses.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 05:22:32 AM »
I don't agree with symbolism, book of flag burning is like a shoving match in a playground sooner or later someone has to get knocked out for it to end. I say leave God alone and just kill em!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 06:07:21 AM »
If we are serious about not allowing the Muslim "faith" to take over the world, then we have to pray that we act in God's will.  But we also have to act with courage, not the quaking fear exhibited by the left.  Most that object to this act of free speech have far less problem with a similar act committed against any object sacred to Christians, or even to our entire country.  This isn't an expression of tolerance toward the Muslim beliefs...this is an expression of fear.  If we anger them, they'll kill us.  OK...and if we don't anger them, they'll rule us.  Better dead.  Anyone that would sacrifice their freedom of speech, or the American freedom of speech, in fear, deserves to become a slave.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.