Author Topic: So now that you all know who I am...  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: So now that you all know who I am...
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
They say we are never more than 2 feet away from a spider.

Ah, yes.  That 11 member panel of international know-it-alls known as They.  They say THEY it's an acronym but I don't think They have said what it stands for.  Maybe They will later.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 10:51:40 PM »
They say we are never more than 2 feet away from a spider.

I wonder some times how many insects I have eaten in my lifetime. I'll bet it's measured in tens of pounds, at least. I'm not just talking about the insect parts in packaged, processed food, a certain number of which are allowed by law along with rodent hairs and various excrements. But also those which have sought refuge in my mouth while sleeping. I mean, I can't remember any specifically, but odds are some have managed to get in there, and that's not even counting the dust mites that supposedly inhabit everyones mattresses and pillows. We're breathing them in all the time.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline sofa king

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
whenever i get a packet of m&ms, i make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species.

to this end, i hold m&m duels.

taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, i apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. that is the "loser," and i eat the inferior one immediately. the winner gets to go another round. i have found that, in general, the brown and red m&ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. i have hypothesized that the blue m&ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world. occasionally i will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. in this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

when i reach the end of the pack, i am left with one m&m, the strongest of the herd. since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, i pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to m&m mars, a division of mars, inc., along with a 3x5 card reading, "please use this m&m for breeding purposes." this week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of m&ms. i consider this "grant money." i have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. from a field of hundreds, we will discover the true champion.

there can be only one!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:20 PM »
I bought a bag of Hershey's Kisses at Wal*Mart once that had this coconut creme filling in the Kisses. I have never seen that permutation before or since, though I have searched for it.

I believe that bag of Kisses was a one-off. Someone at the factory decided to experiment or just on a lark made this one bag of such candy. I was the one lucky enough to find it, but I'll never know that pleasure again.

Life can be so rewarding and cruel at once..
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »
I believe that bag of Kisses was a one-off. Someone at the factory decided to experiment or just on a lark made this one bag of such candy. I was the one lucky enough to find it, but I'll never know that pleasure again.

Are you related to Vesta by any chance?

lol

Just playing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »
You know, they make baits and traps for ants, roaches, flies and stuff, but they don't make anything for spiders. You see a spider ambulating across the floor, you have to be fast enough or stealthy enough to swat that sucker or you're just S.O.L. They make sprays but you pretty much have to spray it directly on them so you're left with the same problem of running them down or sneaking up on them. That's no small feat with the rapid transit motherhumpers we have down here. They are some high-speed low-drag arachnids. I get an exterior treatment from the pest control people every three months, spraying under the eaves and around doors and windows and such, but I think that just runs them inside the house.

Why don't they make a Spider Motel like they do Roach Motel? I hate freaking spiders. All sizes, all types. I think it came from the time I was, like, four years old. I remember it well. I was playing outside in the yard. I raised up my arm, and on my forearm was this gigantic wolf spider. All I could do is stare at that sucker and scream. My legs finally remembered the mechanics of how to run, but unfortunately, I couldn't take my eyes off the alien life form on my arm and ran full tilt boogie into an oak tree, nearly knocking myself out. When I came to my senses, the spider was gone. Probably crawled off unfazed into a pile of leaves. I've never been able to abide them after that.

We have a lot of black widows around the outside of our house.  Big fat juicy ones.   :o

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:51 PM »
We have these HUGE wood spiders around here.

F'ers can even swim!

I HATE spiders.

I get bit while out picking berries every single year. Leg swells up like crazy. It's gotten so that every spider scares me. Thus, it's my job to run screaming from the room and my husband's job to remove it WITHOUT killing it...just want it to leave my house.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »
We have a lot of black widows around the outside of our house.  Big fat juicy ones.   :o

My dad used to live in the grape vineyards in Sonoma County. We'd walk out the door and see tarantulas and scorpions all the time. Tarantulas were kinda cool but the scorpions HURT.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »
This thread is looking mighty loungy.  Off to the Lounge with ye.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
I used to watch Mad Theater and Horror Theater on Sat. afternoons as a kid -- same guy in death makeup hosted them both -- and inevitably a giant spider movie would be shown.  You know -- the one where the giant spider would suck all the blood out of whatever screaming person was unlucky enough to be around until they looked like a dried up old husk.  Used to scare the crap out of me!  :o :o
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »
I used to watch Mad Theater and Horror Theater on Sat. afternoons as a kid -- same guy in death makeup hosted them both -- and inevitably a giant spider movie would be shown.  You know -- the one where the giant spider would suck all the blood out of whatever screaming person was unlucky enough to be around until they looked like a dried up old husk.  Used to scare the crap out of me!  :o :o

Oh yeah, and in the evening, Twilight Zone and Night Fright.  EEEECK!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »
And yet, the same spider movie was used in one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 riffs and it was funny as hell!  I miss Joel Hodgsen and the 'bots -- anybody else here an MST3K fan??
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline cavegal

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2010, 12:10:02 PM »
And yet, the same spider movie was used in one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 riffs and it was funny as hell!  I miss Joel Hodgsen and the 'bots -- anybody else here an MST3K fan??
I am. I miss it. It was just so funny.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline thundley4

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2010, 12:18:59 PM »
How about mixing spider DNA with goats?
Got Silk?

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »
I am. I miss it. It was just so funny.
I've been buying the DVDs and have my son hooked on it!  I think we're up to collection XIII or XIV.  I know both groups have their own things going now -- Joel Hodgsen has Cinematic Titanic and Mike Nelson has Rifftrax but I haven't seen anything from either group.
Piney Power!!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
I've been buying the DVDs and have my son hooked on it!  I think we're up to collection XIII or XIV.  I know both groups have their own things going now -- Joel Hodgsen has Cinematic Titanic and Mike Nelson has Rifftrax but I haven't seen anything from either group.

I am a fan as well.  One of my faves was Jack Frost. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
soleil, are you current or TS'd at DU?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
Are you related to Vesta by any chance?

lol

Just playing.

I do not think we are related, however this is one person I would love to pull up a chair at my table.  I will be glad to cook for them, Taco Bell take out and a bottle of beer.

About MST, perhaps the only TV program I would drop everything to watch.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
I've been buying the DVDs and have my son hooked on it!  I think we're up to collection XIII or XIV.  I know both groups have their own things going now -- Joel Hodgsen has Cinematic Titanic and Mike Nelson has Rifftrax but I haven't seen anything from either group.

I am a big MST3K fan and have seen stuff from Rifftrax....pretty damned funny....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbWni955pqM[/youtube]

FYI, the voice actors who did Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot are also working with Mike Nelson at RiffTrax.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:43:34 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline soleil

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
soleil, are you current or TS'd at DU?

Not TS'd so far anyway. I don't post there anymore.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
 :yawn:

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
Not TS'd so far anyway. I don't post there anymore.

After finding you here, and they will, don't be surprised if they TS you in absentia. Our guests on line members are always double digit.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »
Like sands through the hourglass, these are The Posts of Soleil.

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/xqvktbsmjp--Days-of-Our-Lives-Theme-SongDays-of-Our-Lives-

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »
I am a big MST3K fan and have seen stuff from Rifftrax....pretty damned funny....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbWni955pqM[/youtube]

FYI, the voice actors who did Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot are also working with Mike Nelson at RiffTrax.

Bab-5 man, eh?

Best SF show. Ever.

My single favorite scene in all of Bab-5. Of course there are so many great ones, but this one, to me, epitomizes the best of Bab-5 (and hell, it's Jurassik and Katsulas, the best of all of them).

[youtube=425,350]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NsdQzoIXIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NsdQzoIXIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]