Author Topic: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity  (Read 20570 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: CC Starting to overtake CU in activity
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
I am still maintaining dual citizenship.

I don't want dumbass monkies like Gravitas, Hokieguy and DaFletch feeling like they won something.

Plus we REALLY need to import some chew toys here.  ;)

dual citizenship...I go for visit back to the motherland...only to see those pesky friends who rarely visit like Shannon :whatever: :lmao:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
How about the Obamalama Dingdongs?

That would be racist because of the myth about black men and their "size".

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:34 AM »
No suprise here. CC, unlike CU, consists mostly of people who are smart enough to get off of the ship with the crazy captain at the helm.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

I don't want dumbass monkies like Gravitas, Hokieguy and DaFletch feeling like they won something.

Hey, wait a minute, I thought I was one of your chew toys!! I am an "Obamabozo". "O-bot", or "Obamababy", take your pick of the Hillbots' nickname-of-the-week for us.  :lmao:

One of them yesterday even called us "Obamessiah's", which almost cost me a keyboard thanks to spilled coffee.

That being said, I do think that the major reason CC is doing so well is because it's becoming its own site and not just focusing on being against CU.

A Squeeky Toy maybe, but you haven't been a chew toy in a while. :)

As cynical as I am and as bad as I think he would be for the country as regarding my own political beliefs, there is a part of me that would be celebrating if Obama got elected.  To go from Jim Crow (Which was almost in almost my lifetime) to a black man elected President would surely be something grand.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »
I, for one, still post on CU. Once each day I post a ronpaul thread in honor of the man who made all this happen.

:tongue:

I started my first thread since 1/1/08 about RP's huge showing on shitty tuesday.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »

I thought the nocturnally foul one and John Matrix were our chew toys.

They got stale after the first day.  Kinda like cheap bubblegum...the longer they're around the more you realize they have no taste.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »

Hey, wait a minute, I thought I was one of your chew toys!! I am an "Obamabozo". "O-bot", or "Obamababy", take your pick of the Hillbots' nickname-of-the-week for us.  :lmao:

One of them yesterday even called us "Obamessiah's", which almost cost me a keyboard thanks to spilled coffee.

That being said, I do think that the major reason CC is doing so well is because it's becoming its own site and not just focusing on being against CU.

A Squeeky Toy maybe, but you haven't been a chew toy in a while. :)

As cynical as I am and as bad as I think he would be for the country as regarding my own political beliefs, there is a part of me that would be celebrating if Obama got elected.  To go from Jim Crow (Which was almost in almost my lifetime) to a black man elected President would surely be something grand.

Yeah, that would be nice.  For about five seconds.

The Democratic Party has destroyed the black community in this country.  75% illegitimacy rate, 40% high school drop-out rate.  And they keep turning to the source of their problems for a solution.  And it's just not happening.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline overlord

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »
No suprise here. CC, unlike CU, consists mostly of people who are smart enough to get off of the ship with the crazy captain at the helm.

Good anology.  The Paulbots are about as nutty as they come :hammer:

I, for one, still post on CU. Once each day I post a ronpaul thread in honor of the man who made all this happen.

:tongue:

I started my first thread since 1/1/08 about RP's huge showing on shitty tuesday.

You may wanna check to see if you've been banned yet :lmao:
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
I like CC we have the folks I enjoyed the most at CU with only a few missing. Kev did good  in starting this place.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jack Pott

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:51 AM »
I think gator's shit-stirring slash-and-burn strategy to "liven up the site" and get new members has backfired bigtime this time.

Of course his tactic backfired. Did he really think he can rant like a madman and ban all dissenters and get away with it?

I've debated with gator since 2005 on several sites and I've noticed that his debating tactic is very simple: first he presents his opinions as facts (which is his idea of spreading "moral clarity") and accuses those who don't share his views of being ignorant. He starts to rant and insult others when people don't accept his views as facts. He hides behind his little rants (to avoid answering questions and addressing issues) and runs away when he runs out of insults. That's a coward's debating tactic. Gator bans those who disagree with what he says because he's afraid of dissenters. He resorts to insults and rants because he thinks it gives the illusion that he has character. His true character shows when he's cornered in a debate. Those who have debated with him know what he does when he's cornered. He runs away, like a coward.

I do think that the major reason CC is doing so well is because it's becoming its own site and not just focusing on being against CU.

That's true. A site that merely focuses on one thing is basically just a club, not a political discussion forum.

Overall, a political discussion forum that tolerates dissenters will be a successful site. Is there a site that has banned more people than CU? (No) That's why CU is dying and this site is booming.   
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:28:33 AM by Jack Pott »

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:07 AM »
I still hold dual-citizenship though I've done more posting here than I ever did on CU.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:55 AM »
I still hold dual-citizenship though I've done more posting here than I ever did on CU.

Me, too!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
Is there a site that has banned more people than CU? (No) That's why CU is dying and this site is booming.   

To be fair to CU, I think you may have overlooked a site in your analysis.  Some obscure little site that goes by "DU" for short, IIRC.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline yin/yang

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »
I just didn't want to be left out on the thank you Gator thread.... :cheersmate:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 09:17:16 AM »
I knew it was bound to happen. You have the best of CU over here.... ACC, Rebel, Freeper, Undies, etc. Whereas over there, the crazies that made everybody leave still run the sinking ship.

It's only a matter of time before CU might possibly have 10 new threads a day and that's it.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:42 AM »
^and have you noticed who all of the topic starters are? Interesting turn of events to say the least.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
^and have you noticed who all of the topic starters are? Interesting turn of events to say the least.

Looks like almost all are started by ProudBush Supporter, CW, and Gingersnap.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »
When was the last time CU had an actual discussion thread?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

Looks like almost all are started by ProudBush Supporter, CW, and Gingersnap.

What happened to that new perpetual CU Lounge Lizard named gator?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
What happened to that new perpetual CU Lounge Lizard named gator?

Well, that's what I'm wondering myself.

Anyone with moral clarity has a conscience.

gator has moral clarity.

I suspect gator is hiding, out of shame and embarassment for all that he wrought.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 10:19:07 AM »

RobJohnson has also been PW'ing like hell to keep the B/W forum looking like it's busy.   :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »
Hmmmmm what would happen if we posted a link to this thread...over there?

:clueless:

:pokingpoop:

:whistling:

Offline Flame

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »

I suspect gator is hiding, out of shame and embarassment for all that he wrought.

Nah, remember, gator has a life..the internet isn't that important to him, and he only admins CU as a favor to Rob.  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:
I'm sure he's just been soooooooooooooo busy IRL that he doesn't have time to hang out at CU right now.   :whatever: :whatever:

That fact that his busy IRL stuff coincides with the flaming nosedive CU is in is pure coincidence, I'm sure.

(Note, pure sarcasm above!  :-))

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »

Nah, remember, gator has a life..the internet isn't that important to him, and he only admins CU as a favor to Rob.  :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:
I'm sure he's just been soooooooooooooo busy IRL that he doesn't have time to hang out at CU right now.   :whatever: :whatever:

That fact that his busy IRL stuff coincides with the flaming nosedive CU is in is pure coincidence, I'm sure.

:exactly:

I'm seeing a lot of  :leghump: and :catfight: over there - I guess he'll be along in a few days to spread some granules.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »

I'm sure he's just been soooooooooooooo busy IRL that he doesn't have time to hang out at CU right now.   :whatever: :whatever:

:exactly:

I'm seeing a lot of  :leghump: and :catfight: over there - I guess he'll be along in a few days to spread some granules.
He needs to quit spreading fertilizer and start spreading pesticide.   :-)