Author Topic: operating one sets Skins's island ablaze  (Read 2689 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
operating one sets Skins's island ablaze
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:12:12 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5100442

Oh my.

Some mischief going on here.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:06 PM
Original message

Honest Exercise: Can Anyone Come Up With Anything That Could Be Used Against Hillary In The GE by the GOP, that would come anywhere near close to having the ability to cause as much damage as this Wright thing (and other sub contexts) could?

I really want to know. This thing has brought a huge liability to the Obama campaign as it relates to the GE.

It's given the GOP every weapon they could've possibly ever asked for. They will use it, and they will use it repeatedly. That much is certain. What we don't know is when they do, how many voters at THAT time will allow themselves to be affected by it, and if that would be enough to catapult McCain to victory (and don't fool yourselves. It very well could). But what I'm curious about, is if there is anything anyone here could objectively think about that the GOP could use with as powerful an impact as this Wright issue. They have attacks for her, for sure. But anything that even comes close to the risk that Obama now carries?

For example: Right out of the gate, I believe that Obama is carrying with him an 8 on a scale of 10 liability, meaning severity of attack the GOP could use. That's right out of the gate. We may be nominating a candidate for the GE that arrives at the starting line with an 8 on the scale of 10 able to be used repeatedly attack waiting for him. Does Hillary have any like that?

And this is a sincere question, so please answer in a civil manner and with genuine intent, even if you disagree. I've had a pit in my stomach over this since yesterday, and I still can't shake the feeling that this could be very bad for us in the GE. We only have ONE chance to send a candidate to the GE who can win, and we best think strong and hard about that before doing so. At the end of it all, it's winning in November that matters more than all else, period. We have to make sure the strongest candidate we got is there.

So we can all be certain that the SD's are weighing all of this. Inherent risks that will be brought to the starting line will be part of their thought process for sure. So I want to see if we can predict what some of those discussions might be like. So when weighing the two, can any of you come up with Hillary liabilities that would be equivalent in risk factor or close enough?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all who engage in this exercise fairly and with genuine intent.

It's an enormous bonfire, consuming all at it; just a few sample comments of the operating one, as the Obamanation maniacs don't really come up with any good answers; the primitives come up with answers, but not good answers.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:30 PM
Response to Reply #24

27. If You Don't Think This Recent Wright Issue Would Unite The Conservative Base, Then I Really Want
 some of what you're smoking. Seriously.

And how bout coming up with things on Hillary? Last I checked, Bill's not running, even though you all seem to be fixating your responses on him.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:44 PM
Response to Reply #43

52. Totally Disagree.

There is no way in hell this Wright thing won't be used, and used EXTENSIVELY, in the GE. That's a fact. Combined with the flag pin incident, hand over heart incident, the incident over his wife's comments, and other things, it is almost a perfect smear campaign for them. Almost perfect.

And I do know they'll attack Bill and I'm aware of the financial issues. But I don't think any of them would truly resonate in the minds of the every day voter, nor leave the lingering impression anywhere near of what the Obama propaganda could.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:31 PM
Response to Reply #17

28. You're Dead Wrong. 

I care as much or more as everyone here about winning in November. That's all that matters. If anything, I've seen far more Obama supporters forsake the November chances merely for their sports team like mentality. We should look at this like adults and objectively. We should really put some deep thought into which of the two candidates will enter the GE the most wounded. Based on your defensive and unfair response, I'd say you haven't yet done so.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:20 PM
Response to Reply #16

20. You Can't Possibly Believe That.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:45 PM
Response to Reply #36

55. That The Wright Thing Is A Non Starter.

Personally, it is by far the most powerful weapon given to the GOP machine yet for use in the GE. I hope you realize that.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sat Mar-15-08 08:48 PM
Response to Reply #54

57. I Think You're Blinded By Your Own Hatred For Her.

With all the scandals, Bill left office with how high of an approval rating?

Even with all these scandals, Hillary is still doing amazingly well in this primary, even though she had so many things stacked against her. No doubt in my mind she can beat McCain once things actually get started, unless they get some really big weapon to use against her. They already have that weapon for use towards Obama.

Yeah, there's undoubtedly going to be an October Surprise.

And undoubtedly it's being planned right this very moment.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: operating one sets Skins's island ablaze
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:12:34 AM »
I know several people used to cheer on OMC at the DUmp, and he would from time to time bring up info that would slap the other DUmmies down, but if he's under some weird impression that this Osama's preacher thing is an 8 out of 10, and Hillary herself isn't automatically an 8 out of 10 just because it's her, then he's got major problems of mindlessly wearing the same blinders of which he accuses the Osamiac followers.

Of course, the whole beauty of this is that the marxist b*tch and the muslim boy are beating each other up.  It was funny reading several comments from over there yesterday where the Clintonistas are claiming the marxist b*tch isn't the one pushing this pastor thing, that it's McCain and/or FoxNews/talk radio.  Oh yeah, she's the one doing it, DUmmies, you can bet your pitiful lives on that one.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »
I know several people used to cheer on OMC at the DUmp, and he would from time to time bring up info that would slap the other DUmmies down, but if he's under some weird impression that this Osama's preacher thing is an 8 out of 10, and Hillary herself isn't automatically an 8 out of 10 just because it's her, then he's got major problems of mindlessly wearing the same blinders of which he accuses the Osamiac followers.

Of course, the whole beauty of this is that the marxist b*tch and the muslim boy are beating each other up.  It was funny reading several comments from over there yesterday where the Clintonistas are claiming the marxist b*tch isn't the one pushing this pastor thing, that it's McCain and/or FoxNews/talk radio.  Oh yeah, she's the one doing it, DUmmies, you can bet your pitiful lives on that one.

Well, it's fair to say that OMC isn't the same as before his wifes passing.  He still seems to have the spark for "Fairness" that he used to have, but it just doesn't burn as brightly.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:52:07 AM »

Well, it's fair to say that OMC isn't the same as before his wifes passing.  He still seems to have the spark for "Fairness" that he used to have, but it just doesn't burn as brightly.
I think OMC realizes that its like talking to a brick wall when trying to reason with the primitives. In short he has given up!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »
I understand what you're saying about OMC, and here's another example of how he is from another thread.

Quote from:
Skwmom

Is the Clinton campaign pushing Wright on the Web while claiming innocence in the media?

Does anyone really think the Clinton campaign isn't trying to push this story?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=5134264&mesg_id=5134264

Quote from:
OPERATIONMINDCRIME

Stop The Demonizing Clinton Sh*t Already. It's Really F*cking Stupid.

The republicans were infamous for blaming everything on the f*cking Clintons, and now some fools here keep trying to do the same damn thing. Enough already. It's just plain f*cking dumb.

A story like this doesn't need any effort on the part of the Clintons to keep going.

His response is almost cleavor by half, but the whole concept of trying to shift blame isn't very bright at all.  I mean, if he's wants to play "I'm fair," then at some point he's got to wake up and admit the Clinton's are who people are saying they are; scumbags.  You'd have to be completely out of touch with reality to not see and admit that this has the Clinton's written all over it.  To try and draw a parallel between Republicans/conservatives who rightly blamed the Clinton's for the crap they caused and these Osama followers who have at least woken up to the realization of just who these people are, is just not comparable at all.  Of course, OMC is a Clintonista, and they do have their own form of cultist adoration for Hillary.

I'll give the guy kudos from time to time that he does slap the DUmmies and unapologetically tells them they're out of their stupid, little minds.  In this case, he needs to have the same done to him, if not harder, since he seems to be of the wrong opinion that the Clinton's aren't helping push this whole event in a major way, because they are, it's more than obvious.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
I understand what you're saying about OMC, and here's another example of how he is from another thread.

Quote from:
Skwmom

Is the Clinton campaign pushing Wright on the Web while claiming innocence in the media?

Does anyone really think the Clinton campaign isn't trying to push this story?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=5134264&mesg_id=5134264

Quote from:
OPERATIONMINDCRIME

Stop The Demonizing Clinton Sh*t Already. It's Really F*cking Stupid.

The republicans were infamous for blaming everything on the f*cking Clintons, and now some fools here keep trying to do the same damn thing. Enough already. It's just plain f*cking dumb.

A story like this doesn't need any effort on the part of the Clintons to keep going.

His response is almost cleavor by half, but the whole concept of trying to shift blame isn't very bright at all.  I mean, if he's wants to play "I'm fair," then at some point he's got to wake up and admit the Clinton's are who people are saying they are; scumbags.  You'd have to be completely out of touch with reality to not see and admit that this has the Clinton's written all over it.  To try and draw a parallel between Republicans/conservatives who rightly blamed the Clinton's for the crap they caused and these Osama followers who have at least woken up to the realization of just who these people are, is just not comparable at all.  Of course, OMC is a Clintonista, and they do have their own form of cultist adoration for Hillary.

I'll give the guy kudos from time to time that he does slap the DUmmies and unapologetically tells them they're out of their stupid, little minds.  In this case, he needs to have the same done to him, if not harder, since he seems to be of the wrong opinion that the Clinton's aren't helping push this whole event in a major way, because they are, it's more than obvious.

Well OMC is a DLCer so that automatically puts him at odds with the majority of DU.Nonetheless point taken..he's still a liberal :cheersmate:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:01:50 AM »
OMC is getting himself deeper in the quagmire that is DU everytime he posts. I suspect that if the tone doesnt change, he will simply quit posting there entirely. (to the resounding joy of many many moonbats)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »
OMC supports Clinton?  Am I reading that right?!  :o :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »

Frankly, I think one is crazy to support either of the two dem frontrunners, but thats just me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:34:12 AM »

Frankly, I think one is crazy to support either of the two dem frontrunners, but thats just me.

Oh, I agree!   I always figured he was more the Obama-type, though.   :clueless:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 09:37:28 AM »
Quote from: Toastedturningtidelegs link=topic=4373.msg53696#msg53696
Well OMC is a DLCer so that automatically puts him at odds with the majority of DU.  Nonetheless point taken..he's still a liberal :cheersmate:

No doubt.  I just wonder when the black people in the Dem party are going to wake up and see they're to be hardly seen and never heard except to vote.  Think if Billary grabs the election from Osama at the convention they'll figure out the leadership expects them to stay in their place?  I doubt it.  At some point you'd think they'd wake up.  Shoot, even if he does win the Dem party leaders aren't going to change their viewpoints about where they belong.  But it's been really noticable how they view minorities this election cycle, hasn't it?  :-)

Fun for all.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 09:43:04 AM »
Quote from: Toastedturningtidelegs link=topic=4373.msg53696#msg53696
Well OMC is a DLCer so that automatically puts him at odds with the majority of DU.  Nonetheless point taken..he's still a liberal :cheersmate:

No doubt.  I just wonder when the black people in the Dem party are going to wake up and see they're to be hardly seen and never heard except to vote.  Think if Billary grabs the election from Osama at the convention they'll figure out the leadership expects them to stay in their place?  I doubt it.  At some point you'd think they'd wake up.  Shoot, even if he does win the Dem party leaders aren't going to change their viewpoints about where they belong.  But it's been really noticable how they view minorities this election cycle, hasn't it?  :-)

Fun for all.

What I find funny is that you are either a racist or a chauvinist depending on who you support :rotf: Its hilarious watching them thrash about over that! :-)

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
Live by identity politics, die by identy politics.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »

Oh, I agree!   I always figured he was more the Obama-type, though.   :clueless:

I don't know how to read OMC recently. Two months ago I would have said he was a Clinton supporter, but several of his posts sent me down the path of believing he's just playing the whole thing out for his private amusement. And no, he's not quite the old OMC yet.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »
Though we occasionally adopt our little "pets" at The Hive, usually someone we enjoy watching tweak the natives or someone towards whom we may feel some empathy because of a tragedy, you always have to bear in mind one thing: They're at the DU cesspool for a reason, and it ain't because they share very much with us philosophically. A rare exception might be someone like Sad Little Pony or Catholic Sensation with whom we might have more commonalities than differences (and you'll note that although they defined themselves a liberal, they didn't survive very long at DU).

Anyone with any staying power at DU is a true blue asshole lefty who wants this country on a path which, intentionally or not, will lead to destruction. Don't ever be fooled.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:35:33 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 04:53:00 AM »
Though we occasionally adopt our little "pets" at The Hive, usually someone we enjoy watching tweak the natives or someone towards whom we may feel some empathy because of a tragedy, you always have to bear in mind one thing: They're at the DU cesspool for a reason, and it ain't because they share very much with us philosophically. A rare exception might be someone like Sad Little Pony or Catholic Sensation with whom we might have more commonalities than differences (and you'll note that although they defined themselves a liberal, they didn't survive very long at DU).

Anyone with any staying power at DU is a true blue asshole lefty who wants this country on a path which, intentionally or not, will lead to destruction. Don't ever be fooled.

I agree, Dandi.  However, as "true-blue asshole" as he might be, he tends to have well reasoned arguments, at least with them.  If he could stay within the TOS here, I wouldn't mind him posting here . . . if only to have a chew-toy.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:58:09 AM »
Honest Exercise: Can Anyone Come Up With Anything That Could Be Used Against Hillary In The GE by the GOP, that would come anywhere near close to having the ability to cause as much damage as this Wright thing (and other sub contexts) could?

Rose Law Firm

Vince Foster

FBI files

Peter Paul

New Square, NY

Hillary Care

And on...and on...and on...
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 06:00:13 AM »
There is no way in hell this Wright thing won't be used, and used EXTENSIVELY, in the GE.

He's got a point and we'd be stupid not to use it.  Especially after the Dems in 2000 tried to pass a resolution condeming Bob Jones University and demanded an apology from then Govenor Bush for daring to go speak there.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn