Author Topic: Is there such a thing as a democrat with a conscience?  (Read 846 times)

Offline 5412

Is there such a thing as a democrat with a conscience?
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »
Hi,

I am beginning to think it is an oxymoron. 

You know they are bought off by the trial lawyers, everyone knows it and no one seems to care.  If they were really concerned about health care, which they are not, you know tort reform and competition among drug companies nationwide would be a result.

Instead they support a bill, which they have exempted themselves from, which will hurt this country badly, and most all of them know it.

God, I wish I had a dollar for each time my wife and I have said, "What is this country turning in to?" over the last year or so.  Sure as hell is not America as we know it.

Sorry for the vent but what the hell happened to honesty, integrity and a genuine attempt of the part of legislators to represent those who hired them?  The last bastion of freedom in the world is really taking a blow.

regards,

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Is there such a thing as a democrat with a conscience?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
Dog bless them, the Stupak 12 seem to be holding firm...on pro-liferism no less.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 01:53:50 PM »
Dog bless them, the Stupak 12 seem to be holding firm...on pro-liferism no less.

From what I understand reading American Thinker, a couple of the 12 have been peeled off.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
To answer the title question......No......

Next question?

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »
It could almost be extended to: "Is there such a thing as a politician with a conscience?"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »
It could almost be extended to: "Is there such a thing as a politician with a conscience?"
Ron Paul!

psych

EDIT: Doc was right, I was wrong:

House Democratic leaders appear to be succeeding in their push to peel off abortion-rights opponents lined up with Rep. Bart Stupak  (D-Mich.) against a health care overhaul.

Stupak said those standing with him now number about six — down from the rough dozen he has claimed for weeks. That is likely enough to put the majority within striking distance of the 216 votes they need for passage.

“I don’t know if it’s enough,” Stupak said of those now backing him in demanding stricter language preventing public funding of abortion. “There’s rumors going back and forth. Last I heard they were short four and that was about an hour ago.”

http://www.rollcall.com/news/44436-1.html?type=aggregate_friendly

Spineless, soulless ****ers.

Break out the pitchforks and torches, boys.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:00:19 PM by Mr Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 5412

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 11:29:35 PM »
Hi,

Mercifully we will be on a plane for 5 hours tomorrow so I do not have to watch all the crap that goes on.  Why am I hoping that some of the democrats turn on him in the house?  They knew the pressure would be unbearable until they agreed.  What happens if they change their minds tomorrow and the bill does not pass?

Hell, one way or another they won't get re-elected, what have they got to lose by getting the bill killed?  At least the pressure will stop because there is no way the senate is filibuster proof.

regards,