Author Topic: Great article comparing Barry and Sarah  (Read 739 times)

Offline 5412

Great article comparing Barry and Sarah
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:27:30 AM »
Hi,

Following is a great article.  You will LOVE the last sentence.  Seems pretty accurate to me having just completed reading Palin's book, which is terrific.

regards,

November 27, 2009

The Competing Narratives of Barry and Sarah
By Jack Cashill

<SNIP>

The establishment will not be so kind to Palin. In the week of Going Rogue's release, the New York Times house conservative David Brooks will call her "a joke." Dick Cavett, the Norma Desmond of TV talk, will dismiss her as a "know-nothing." Ex-con Dem fundraiser Martha Stewart will brand Palin "a dangerous person." And literally thousands of lesser liberal lights will deride her as "stupid," an "idiot," or a "moron" (8.5 million Google hits and counting for "Palin" "moron").

Although the prose of Dreams is often lyrical, it is not Obama's. As I have argued in these pages, and as Christopher Andersen has confirmed, Obama's gifted friend Bill Ayers gussied up the rough outlines of Obama's life and imposed upon them the mythic dimensions of Homer's Odyssey. To accomplish this, the authors invented any number of incidents, many of which are easily disproved. For a serious seeker of facts, Dreams is Sutter Creek in 1848.

In Going Rogue, by contrast, Palin does not shy from crediting Lynn Vincent for "her indispensable help in getting the words on paper." And yet the story is told honestly and sincerely in Palin's voice. There is no artifice, no postmodern mumbo-jumbo, and not a sentence in the book that Palin could not have written herself. My personal favorite, "I love meat." I suspect that, unaided, journalism major and former reporter Palin is a better writer than Obama.

Left to their own devices, Palin is clearly the better speaker. In Going Rogue's climactic moment, the unknown Palin serves up the most dazzling convention speech in modern political history, and she does so in spite of a malfunctioning teleprompter. "I knew the speech well enough that I didn't need it," writes Palin.

Had Obama's teleprompter malfunctioned at the 2004 convention, he would not be president. He has always depended on the eloquence of others. So thoroughly hooked on the teleprompter is Obama that the irrepressible Biden jokes about it. "What am I going to tell the president?" Biden asked the crowd at the Air Force Academy after a teleprompter blew over. "Tell him his teleprompter is broken? What will he do then?"

In the final analysis, Going Rogue is a better book than Dreams. No Republican has ever held Palin up as a genius, literary or otherwise, but her narrative is as shrewd, sensitive, and straightforward as its author.

Dreams, on the other hand, is merely a well-crafted fraud.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/the_competing_narratives_of_ba.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:55:17 AM by Chris »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Great article comparing Barry and Sarah
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:43:09 AM »
That is a great read.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:17:37 AM »
The author did an amazing job of outlining El Fraudo's rise to the Presidency. 

Especially, not many people know Sarah's teleprompter stopped during her convention speech.  Had that happened to Barry, The Rising STAR!,  at that 2004 convention, he would not be President today.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
I still don't think he knows what he is doing even when it placed infront of him
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.