Author Topic: Media pushing volunteerism supporting BO agenda  (Read 553 times)

Offline 5412

Media pushing volunteerism supporting BO agenda
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »
Hi folks,

Don't know if you saw Glenn Beck last night but there will be a coordinated Hollywood effort to promote service and volunteerism...part of BO's agenda.  I decided to write Glenn Beck and suggest an area where they could start.   I think all governments would be a good place to start, kind of lead the way for the rest of us.

regards,

Hi Glenn,

Enjoyed the show tonight.  I looked at the session on the networks supporting and pushing the BO agenda for volunteerism and public service.  The young man who said it was basically, "working for free" was right on the money.

HERE IS WHERE I SUGGEST THE NATIONAL PLAN BEGIN.  There are many government agencies that are under tremendous budget pressures.  Some have even gone to the point of cutting people's salaries.  I believe in Illinois they had a 10% cut and gave the employees a couple days off a month without pay as a furlough.  NOW WHAT BETTER EXAMPLE COULD BE SET THAN TO HAVE ALL THOSE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES "VOLUNTEER" TO WORK THOSE DAYS TO HELP OUT ALL THE CITIZENS WHO PAY THE BILLS. 

My son's company gave all employees a 10% cut, but they still have to volunteer to work those days, what a great example it would be to have government employees do the same.

I have always been a believer if the government can give folks the day off without pay, and it does not effect the ability to serve the public, perhaps you have too man employees to begin with.

HOW ABOUT CHALLENGING THE GOVERNMENT TO HAVE AN ACROSS THE BOARD SALARY CUT FOR ALL FEDERAL EMPLOYEES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MILITARY AND HAVE THEM VOLUNTEER TO WORK AND SERVE THEIR GOVERNMENT FOR A COUPLE DAYS WITHOUT PAY.  WHAT A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE THAT WOULD SET.  THE PRESIDENT AND EACH MEMBER OF CONGRESS AND THEIR STAFF COULD TAKE A PAY CUT INSTEAD OF THE SCHEDULED INCREASE AND LEAD THE WAY FOR THE REST OF US.

Best regards,

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Media pushing volunteerism supporting BO agenda
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
Excellent idea, it'll never happen.  First Govt employee to show up for "volunteer work" would cause the AFGE to go screaming to the Labor Board about unfair work practices and violations of CBA's.  0 is so beholden to the unions, he would have to bend, and the house of cards comes crashing down.  Besides, if you think congresscritters aren't going to take a pay raise, I want some of what you're smoking.