Author Topic: game over?  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Hathcock

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline CG6468

Re: game over?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
The border must be secured before ANYTHING else.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
On TWO separate occasions there have been bills passed authorizing a fence to be built on the border. and it never happened. Our "representatives" do not want to close the borders. It's time to clear house and start over.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: game over?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »
Would it be too much to ask the ****ers to read the entire bill before they vote on it?  Or do the members of congress prefer to be low/no information voters just like their constituents?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:55:37 PM »
They want to be able to say they didn't have time to read it!

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
Another liberal Trojan horse. 

This bill is full of pork that has absolutely nothing to do with immigration.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
I've heard there is a gun registration amendment in there as well.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »
This is several days old, but it's still pertinent:

By STEPHEN MOORE

The Senate has been the focus of the immigration debate in recent weeks, but the House might pose the bigger barrier to comprehensive reform.

With House conservatives in revolt over the direction of the immigration bill, one top House leadership staffer who knows how to count votes tells me: "I don't see anyway to get a bill with a path to citizenship through the House. I just don't see where the votes will come from."

The "path to citizenship" could be the deal breaker. I'm told rank and file GOP House members may accept a gradual legalization program with triggers once the border is "secure" but not the citizenship path that's in the Senate plan, which hardliners call "amnesty."

We're hearing that House Republicans are unlikely to pass any comprehensive immigration bill like the one the Senate is considering. Rather, House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor want to pass a series of reform measures as stand alone bills: border security, H1-B visa increases for high-skilled immigrants, guest worker programs for low-skilled workers, E-Verify work authorization for employers, and the like. A "path to citizenship" process is unlikely to pass under this construct.

The man in the hot seat is Mr. Boehner. Conservatives are nervous that to get the citizenship proposal through the House, the speaker may violate the so-called Hastert Rule, whereby legislation isn't voted on unless a majority of the GOP House caucus approves it. Mr. Boehner realizes that the only way to pass comprehensive reform might be with a big majority of Democratic votes joined by a minority of Republicans voting aye.

At a Tuesday press conference, Mr. Boehner gave a non-denial denial to the rumors that this is his strategy. "I don't see any way of bringing an immigration bill to the floor that doesn't have a majority support of Republicans," he stated. But he wouldn't rule out a House-Senate conference report that would include the citizenship provision and then bringing that to the floor for a final vote of passage.

Republican Rep. Dana Rohrbacher of California said earlier this week that any maneuver to pass an immigration bill out of the House, without a majority of GOP support, would be "a betrayal." He even suggested that Mr. Boehner should be "removed as speaker" if he teams with Democrats to pass a bill. Mr. Boehner joked with reporters that this ouster may eventually happen.

Mr. Boehner clearly sees immigration reform as good policy and politics and wants to get it done. But for the first time since last November's election, which saw record-low Hispanic support for the GOP, House Republicans as a group appear to believe that they may be better off with no immigration reform this year. That's a dangerous strategy that could help make Hillary Clinton president in 2016.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324577904578555222774620526.html?KEYWORDS=immigration+bill

The WSJ has been clamoring for a guest worker program for years. They beat that drum like they're a bunch of Occupoopers.

I do NOT agree with their so-called solution and I fervently hope and pray that if Boner bends over and takes it up that ass that he'll be tossed out.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
I have another name for the immigration bill....The DNC Voter Registration Act of 2013. Because, if it passes (and I think it will) all of those illegals given amnesty are going to vote Democratic once they become able to vote.....and we'll see in DC what we have in California.....one party rule till the death of America.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:05:50 AM »
I can't stand it when the people who are smarter than everyone keep repeating that a 20 foot fence will bring illegals with 22 foot ladders. I have never seen illegals hiking north from south of the border strapping step ladders to their backpacks. Furthermore, even if 1 or more did, that ladder or ladders wouldn't get all the rest of the fence jumpers over the fence. Why do they treat us like we can't cypher that ? No one is going to shove that propaganda down my throat.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: game over?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
I have another name for the immigration bill....The DNC Voter Registration Act of 2013. Because, if it passes (and I think it will) all of those illegals given amnesty are going to vote Democratic once they become able to vote....
what do you mean once they become able to vote?

As soon as they receive legal status, they will vote and nothing will deter them from voting illegally.

We as a free and prosperous nation are finished thanks to the traitors in congress and the illegal alien half breed in the white house.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
The game isn't over but it's not looking so good. The Senate still has a few critical votes to come up this week - from NumbersUSA:

Your calling effort yesterday was phenomenal! The number of Senators who voted against the Schumer-Rubio Amnesty bill, S.744, has doubled since debate first started, and we're approaching the 41 NO votes needed to derail the bill. But with only four scheduled votes left, we need you to call your Senators NOW toll-free at 888-995-8349.

The fate of S.744 will be determined by the end of the week, so we need your continued urgent calls! Here's what's left:

1. final vote on Schumer-Corker-Hoeven amnesty amendment (50 votes needed),
2. motion to limit debate on Leahy manager's amendment (60 votes),

3. final vote on Leahy manager's amendment (50 votes), and

4. motion to end debate on the bill (60 votes).

that vote yesterday was just on a cloture vote - my two senators are Murray and Cantthinkwell, both lost causes.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »

that vote yesterday was just on a cloture vote - my two senators are Murray and Cantthinkwell, both lost causes.
tell me about it. I've got boxer and feinstink "representing" me.

Police lives matter.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »

My two simply refused to vote... Chambliss and Isakson

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »

Same here...and to top it off Mike Honda is my rep in the HoR...I basically have no representation in DC.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
I don't remember where I read it, but it was implied that these illegals would not be covered by the requirements of ObamaCare if the current immigration bill passes. Something about Obamacare referring to full time employees that are "citizens" is the key factor to having 50 or more employees.

The article pretty much said that since these newly legal immigrants aren't citizens, that employers would be free to hire as many at full time as they want without providing them insurance or paying the fine.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
I don't remember where I read it, but it was implied that these illegals would not be covered by the requirements of ObamaCare if the current immigration bill passes. Something about Obamacare referring to full time employees that are "citizens" is the key factor to having 50 or more employees.

The article pretty much said that since these newly legal immigrants aren't citizens, that employers would be free to hire as many at full time as they want without providing them insurance or paying the fine.
I'm sure somewhere buried in the 1,000+ pages of bullshit that makes up this immigration bill is a provision that will grant them access to obummercare. Nobody wants to waste their time wading thru all that crap to find it.

Police lives matter.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
My two simply refused to vote... Chambliss and Isakson

Cowardly shits.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: game over?
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »
Cowardly shits.
I have less respect for these 2 who wouldn't take a stand on this matter than I do for those who voted for it.

...and I have zero respect for all those traitors who voted for it.

Police lives matter.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
Not a fan of either senator from Jawja, but they both did vote against the final bill, for all the good that did:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=1&vote=00168

the 14 that voted to destroy the GOP:

Alexander (R-TN)
 Ayotte (R-NH)
 Chiesa (R-NJ)
 Collins (R-ME)
 Corker (R-TN)
 Flake (R-AZ)
 Graham (R-SC)
 Hatch (R-UT)
 Heller (R-NV)
 Hoeven (R-ND)
 Kirk (R-IL)