Author Topic: Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »
Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win

Gallup’s new partisan ID split, one that mimics what Rasmussen has been saying all along, predicts nothing less than doom for the Democrats, and a solid, national win for Mitt Romney this year.

When Rasmussen Reports noted this, and showed it in polling, Nate Silver and his followers scoffed. Just as they did in 2010 when Rasmussen was first to predict the TEA party driven Republican wave, they criticized and insulted the firm that was first to what turned out to be the facts.

Now Gallup is in the game, and the numbers are brutal. In 2008, the Democrats had a 39-29 (D+10) advantage in hard party ID, and a 54-42 (D+12) advantage with leaners. In 2012 though, we’re in the post-TEA party era. Republicans now show a 36-35 (R+1) hard party ID advantage, and a 49-46 (R+3) lead with leaners. This gives us a range of party ID swings from 2008, from R+11 to R+15.
RedState

Rush discussed this earlier today.  If it shows up on today's show transcript, it's worth looking up.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »
It's not just ID; it what percentage of those partisans actually go out to vote.

I would also say that favors the Rs. Obama is anathema to all things independent, responsible people look for in an administrator. Romney presented himself as a viable alternative.

Meanwhile, only the most rabid moonbats and/or welfare junkies have a motive to keep things as they are. Though we may forget from time to time there are normal work-a-day democrats. Those who cannot bring themselves to vote R3 will at least be too humiliated to drag themselves to the polls in a positive declaration that they desire 4 more years of this shit.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Gallup Party ID figures predict solid Romney win
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »
I like a 'REAL' democrat who is also a social Moderate. It is liberals I can't stand. You are right, though, Sgt., there are a lot of Dems who can not bring themselves to vote against their party. Hopefully these are ones that won't vote at all.

I wish they could all be like Bill and Hillary Clinton, and vote against obama. You can't tell me that they won't be voting for Romney.