Author Topic: primitives lamenting their poverty  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: primitives lamenting their poverty
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
I'm not getting "rich" selling real estate in this market....and I don't have benefits.  :bawl:

My runnin' buddy works at UT....she has incredible bennies. It's crossed my mind to go see what they have available.

I think UT and the State of Texas are the biggest employers in Austin.  My son just graduated from college with a degree in mass communications and he's been thinking about coming back from Indiana to work here but he's doing okay for now.  He picked the absolute worst year to graduate from college. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 11:33:45 PM »

I think UT and the State of Texas are the biggest employers in Austin.  My son just graduated from college with a degree in mass communications and he's been thinking about coming back from Indiana to work here but he's doing okay for now.  He picked the absolute worst year to graduate from college. 

I'm talking about U of TN....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »

I think UT and the State of Texas are the biggest employers in Austin.  My son just graduated from college with a degree in mass communications and he's been thinking about coming back from Indiana to work here but he's doing okay for now.  He picked the absolute worst year to graduate from college.  

No doubt! I graduated this year and having trouble even finding a retail job. UGH! Don't think my resume is bad, but apparently there are so many, you are lucky to even get yours seen. *sigh*

Wanted to add, I know someone who could give me a 'boost' in Defense Finance, but I have to be a candidate first. *hits head* lol

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-16-09 02:59 AM
Response to Original message

5. I am so sorry to read your plight tonight.

So many of us are stuck in sad situations. Always remember -- it's not your fault. The system has betrayed you. It seems the only thing we can do is double up to share expenses and be in solidarity.

And there we have the heart and soul of Liberalism today. "it's not your fault." That's right DUmmies, it's ALWAYS someone else. It's NEVER you. That eeeeevil "System" will get you everytime.

What a steaming load of bullshit. Friggen losers. The world needs ditch diggers too ya know.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »
I'll bet Leftist Agitator has a cell phone, cable and heat and a/c in his home.

Wanna make more money? GO TO COLLEGE! Or start your own business. Or go to a trade school and learn a valuable skill. Do you know what plumbers make!?

In other words, QUIT WHINING and do something you piece of shit!
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »

I'm talking about U of TN....

Sorry.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
geeze..what a bunch of lazy ****s.....I made 350 bucks working on a car in my drive way today...and the owner was pleased with the price.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
I'll bet Leftist Agitator has a cell phone, cable and heat and a/c in his home.

Wanna make more money? GO TO COLLEGE! Or start your own business. Or go to a trade school and learn a valuable skill. Do you know what plumbers make!?

In other words, QUIT WHINING and do something you piece of shit!

Plumbers, electricians, carptenters, heat/air people....heck even tv repairmen, computer repair.....most of them charge $100 just to walk in the door.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »
I'll concur with the rest of you.  If their circumstances are as bad as they're claiming, sounds like there's a whole lot of primitives on Skin's island who need to be using their time to do virtually anything other than posting on an internet pol board.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
"Join the revolution to overthrow the corporations."  Just what exactly does that look like?  Can you get past reception?  Or will the stern lady turn them away?  

Them and their idiotic hatred of the corporation.  They should look around and see all the goods and services provided by corporations.  Their computer, their ISP, their Cheetos, their beer, pharmaceuticals, rolling papers, bongs, Ramen noodles, mac&cheese, tie dye t shirts, God forbid an actual job, and anything else near and dear to them.  All made and brought to you by a corporation.    

Always the evil greedy corporations.

I don't know cause I can't bear to read anything over there but do the primitives ever direct any anger towards institutions of higher learning? I mean, the DUmmy got fleeced for 80grand with the end result being a minimum wage job. Since they love to blame every condition of their life on outside sources you would think this would be a no brainer and easy target for them. I read somewhere awhile back that tutition has increased something like 300% since the year 2000? You provide your own books and learning materials (which are revised yearly so you can't get perfectly good books used) and mostly they provide a room and some liberal dipshit to drone at you.

Thats greed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:32:03 AM by vlad335 »

Offline Karin

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »
Vlad, that's an excellent point.  The answer to your question is "not that I've ever seen."  I can't imagine they'd ever say that. 
In the most recent edition of National Review, there is a large portion devoted to this subject.  I haven't gotten all the way through it, but there's some thoughtful discussion on it.  I don't see anything changing soon, though. 
One problem is the employers.  There are so many jobs out there that do not require a four year degree, but the employers put it on the qualifications in an attempt to weed out the stupid.  This is folly.  The gov't does this, too.  There's a job posting at the post office for some kind of assistant to a cop.  It requires a four year degree from an accredited college.  Give me a f'in' break.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
I've been much worse than that.  I've lived in homes with no heating or a/c, homes that for all intents and purposes should have been condemned.  I've been without transportation or money for food.  I even had to live with relatives for a short amount of time.  But you know what?  I got a job.  A job that I'm doing pretty good at and that's been great to me.  I can buy food, clothes, automobiles, entertainment items, satellite tv, washers and dryers.  And you know what?  I didn't need the government to give me it.  I worked for it.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
One problem is the employers.  There are so many jobs out there that do not require a four year degree, but the employers put it on the qualifications in an attempt to weed out the stupid. 
You have to do it if you can, otherwise you may end up broke or in jail. The stupid are a protected class.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
I've been much worse than that.  I've lived in homes with no heating or a/c, homes that for all intents and purposes should have been condemned.  I've been without transportation or money for food.  I even had to live with relatives for a short amount of time.  But you know what?  I got a job.  A job that I'm doing pretty good at and that's been great to me.  I can buy food, clothes, automobiles, entertainment items, satellite tv, washers and dryers.  And you know what?  I didn't need the government to give me it.  I worked for it.

That is some crazy talk there!  Living without AC and hot water sucks.  Been there done that.  And please God if I never eat potted meat again I have lived a good life.   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent