Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 2456 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Hi all!
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »
I joined probably over a year ago but it's taken me until now to actually introduce myself and say hello to everyone -- guess I'm a bit shy! As the screen name shows, I'm in NJ (South Jersey actually and it does make a difference!). My husband and I -- and our teenage son -- went to the 9/11 Tea Party in Tom's River and it was a blast! 3000 passionate people in the rain on a Friday night!  If everything continues on its current path, we'll throw Corzine out in November which will be a great start!  Anyway, I just wanted all of you to know I've really enjoyed reading the posts here; they keep my spirits up in this depressing year!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
Yeah, I've seen you before, madam, and wondered why you hadn't introduced yourself long before this.

A belated welcome!

Keep the spirits up, because Happy Days Will Be Here Again.

Hang tight the next few months, when America starts restoring herself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:26 PM »
Thank you, Frank, I appreciate the welcome.  Now I just have to figure out how to add all the usual bells and whistles to my profile!  Eh, I'll figure it out eventually . . .  :-)
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
Welcome to the Cave!  :cheersmate:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
Welcome, glad you have decided to dip your toe into the water.   :cheersmate:

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
Thank you Flame and bijou! Working my way around all the different forums and discussions -- lots of great stuff!
Piney Power!!

Offline Chump

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
A fellow Eagles fan!  Welcome!
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »
A fellow Eagles fan!  Welcome!

Thanks! Been bleeding green for many years . . . some years more than others.  :banghead:
Piney Power!!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »
Thanks! Been bleeding green for many years . . . some years more than others.  :banghead:

Welcome from another newbie.  As you bleed green, I bleed black and gold.  Saints fan through and through.  No smiley with a brown paper sack, so this will have to do for me too.   :banghead:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »
Welcome from another newbie.  As you bleed green, I bleed black and gold.  Saints fan through and through.  No smiley with a brown paper sack, so this will have to do for me too.   :banghead:

Thank you!  You know, after yesterday's game, I should be the one with the sack on my head!! Looks like the Saints are going to have a really good season this year.
Piney Power!!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »
Thank you!  You know, after yesterday's game, I should be the one with the sack on my head!! Looks like the Saints are going to have a really good season this year.

It "looks" like it more often than not.  Just give it time...sigh. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »
Welcome!
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.