Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive says what he believes  (Read 313 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive says what he believes
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6304565

Oh my.

This bonfire's in the <0 recs column.

Anyway, the sparkling husband primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 01:30 PM
Original message

Grassley

Said what he believed?

Pandered?

Catapulted the propaganda because he was told to do so?

Why do you think he say what he said?

I think he said it because it is the current popular thinking among the hard core base and he was pandering. I think he doesn't believe it, but he is a self-preserving, self-interested politician, first and foremost. So he knowingly lied.

Caliman73  (936 posts)      Fri Aug-14-09 01:33 PM
Response to Original message

1. Pandered and paid for

Which is worse than if he actually believed in what he said. He has no ethics and no principles. I know that is a common trait in politicians, but Republicans seem to excel at hypocrisy.

wryter2000   (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 01:33 PM

2. I don't for one minute think he believed it

Could be pressure from his party, pandering, or getting caught up in the excitement of the moment, but he's not stupid. He couldn't possibly believe that crap.

BurtWorm  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 01:34 PM

3. A little senile maybe?

Oh, I dunno.  How long's Vast Teddy been around?

Critters2  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 02:21 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. I watched his town hall last night, and that honestly crossed my mind. 

There were traits of someone in the early months of dementia. Not that that explains 30 years of political opportunism, though.

Cairycat  (270 posts)      Fri Aug-14-09 01:40 PM

5. I'm a constituent (sorry to say!)

The guy has been in politics 35 years, he's a politician through and through. He's repeating what his corporate masters are telling him to, just look at contributions he's taken.

Iowa as a whole is purple ... but that purple is what you get when you aggregate true-blue eastern Iowa with solidly red western Iowa. He is representing the viewpoint of some Iowans, but by no means all. So yes, Iowa progressives need to call Grassley out on his bullshit. But come election time, it would sure help if the DSCC and DNC could help finance his opponent (of course the Iowa Democratic Party needs to do its bit too). Maybe with the national spotlight on his lying, money to fight him can be found.

Critters2  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 02:22 PM
Response to Reply #5

8. Any idea when he's doing town halls in the eastern part of IA?

People in Braley country will hold him accountable. I'd like to be there to see it!

dgibby  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-14-09 02:19 PM

6. I don't know about that, but he's been involved with the "Family" since the '80's, so nothing would surprise me. He's one of the "chosen", so he has his own rules.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: sparkling husband primitive says what he believes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:34:58 PM »
Catapulted?

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: sparkling husband primitive says what he believes
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »
Same old song and dance! The right panders and the left speaks truth to moonbats.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams