Author Topic: Another Dummie wants to swing both ways  (Read 600 times)

Offline thundley4

Another Dummie wants to swing both ways
« on: August 12, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
Sub Atomic   (1000+ posts)           Wed Aug-12-09 09:03 PM
Original message
**** the Republican Party. It's long past time for the Democrats to push their agenda through.
   No more kowtowing to the minority assholes on the right.

Push through healthcare reform. And include single-payer in it as well.

The assholes on the right will have their chance at power some day. They're more than welcome to do whateverthe**** they can get away with (again) once they're in power.

The time to stop appeasing these assholes has long past.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6290084

The DUmmies refuse to see that the DimRats are their own worst enemies.  What satisfies the extreme left of their party, terrifies the more normal people in their party.  The blue dogs know that their seats rely on being mainstream, not leftwing.
Sub Atomic   (1000+ posts)           Wed Aug-12-09 09:07 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Sorry, they did a lot more than 'jack shit'.

The Patriot Act 1 and 2 come to mind immediately.

Suspending of Habeus Corpus.

Guantanamo Bay. Abu Ghraib. Iraq.

I agree - good riddance to them. However, they WILL be back in power someday.

Can you say 2010?  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Another Dummie wants to swing both ways
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
That's a subtle way of saying the Dems are in power and if things don't get done it's because they can't get their act together.  This is a direct attack on Dear Leader and his incompetence, it's just none of them have the balls to come out and say he's an idiot.  I doubt the other primitives will pick up on the lessor atom primitives' underlying meaning.  It might even be the case that the lessor atom primitive doesn't even realize what he said.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:38:46 AM »
In 2010, the NRCC thinks it can get 80 or so seats.  I'd wager that a lot of them will be those of the "Blue Dogs."  I'd also predict that, if the Republicans don't regain nominal control of the Senate, thbey will regain the fillibuster.  That right there will stop the Obamination's agenda in its tracks.  Then comes 2012 when the Dems will have a terribly unpopular (by that time) President at the top of the ticket, and four years' worth of damage to the country to answer for.  They will flee the Zero by the droves.  The Republicans will get 65 or so Senate seats in 2012, and have very near 280-290 House seats.  Then, we ram things down the DUmmies' throats--and they won't like it.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
In 2010, the NRCC thinks it can get 80 or so seats.  I'd wager that a lot of them will be those of the "Blue Dogs."  I'd also predict that, if the Republicans don't regain nominal control of the Senate, thbey will regain the fillibuster.  That right there will stop the Obamination's agenda in its tracks. Then comes 2012 when the Dems will have a terribly unpopular (by that time) President at the top of the ticket, and four years' worth of damage to the country to answer for.  They will flee the Zero by the droves.  The Republicans will get 65 or so Senate seats in 2012, and have very near 280-290 House seats.  Then, we ram things down the DUmmies' throats--and they won't like it.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

You are assuming the republicans will grow balls big enough to filibuster.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
Sub Atomic   (1000+ posts)           Wed Aug-12-09 09:07 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. Sorry, they did a lot more than 'jack shit'.

The Patriot Act 1 and 2 come to mind immediately.

Suspending of Habeus Corpus.

No one cares about unprovable "actionable malfeasance".

Guantanamo Bay. Abu Ghraib. Iraq.

Guess what DUmmie............no one really gives a rats ass.

FAIL.

I agree - good riddance to them. However, they WILL be back in power someday.

That day is coming to kick the Congress Critters asses..........sooner than you want to know.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »
You are assuming the republicans will grow balls big enough to filibuster.

And that is a HUGE if.