Author Topic: primitives "victims" of "unrec"s want change  (Read 399 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives "victims" of "unrec"s want change
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6281121

Oh my.

We know who's further down in the bonfire.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 11:00 PM
Original message

Shouldn't we have transparency with recs/unrecs with the advent of "Blog Warriors"?

There's already plenty of your normal variety troll but now there's that company offering up Blog Warriors to go out and voice whatever opinion they're paid to voice.

Why can't we see names of those who rec/unrec threads? If anyone is ashamed of someone knowing they did either then perhaps they will be a little more discriminating.

Edit to add:

Seriously, can anyone give me their reason that they prefer recs/unrecs to be anonymous? I truly do not know a valid reason and think it would be beneficial to have transparency. Is there any adult out there who cares to state their reason? Or are all those who unrec'd this thread proving my point?

It's a big bonfire, so only a few primitives quoted at random:

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 11:10 PM
Response to Original message

2. Unrecommend. Happy now?

Start a thread worthy of being recommended, and I'll recommend it.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 11:33 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. I never asked for your recommendation.

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 11:42 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. You asked for disclosure, which is what I gave you. 

Why do people who start dumb threads think their problem is hired agents, voting down their threads?

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-11-09 11:47 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. Where did I say that? And why do you feel the need to resort to personal attacks instead of responding to the original post?

And if you really think the thread is so dumb, how dumb are you for wasting your time posting in it, not once, but at least twice now. I see you are doing your part to lower the level of discourse on this site.

Of course there are plenty of truly important threads that get unrec'd. And if you haven't heard about the new company that has "Blog Warriors" for hire you should go find out about it. If you don't think there are operatives, paid or not, attempting to disrupt public discourse then you have your head up your ass.

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 12:17 AM
Response to Reply #8

14. It's a vote. It's secret. Like most votes.

Here's the point. You say you want to know who is voting to unrecommend threads, but when told, you find something else to whine about. You don't like having people vote the way they want to vote, and you assume that blog warriors are to blame for threads that suck here which get unrecommended.

Good threads that have substance and include an OP that isn't full of childish writing or juvenile profanity get recommends without difficulty. Crap threads get thumbs down. Stop thinking the problem is blog warriors foiling you.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 01:03 AM
Response to Reply #14

17. You truly have a comprehension problem.

Where did I say I didn't like the way people are "voting"? Where did I state the paranoia that you are attributing to me? Where did I say blog warriors are foiling me? I honestly couldn't think of any reasons for it to not be transparent and I constantly see comments in various threads about them getting unrec'd so I thought I'd bring it up in GD to see what the reason(s) could be for them to not be transparent. Why do you have such a problem with that that you find the need to attack me for no reason? You're not even attacking me for what I've said, just for what you are projecting onto me.

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 01:08 AM
Response to Reply #17

19. Nope. I'm quite accomplished at it.

Just accept that your lame idea and your whining about it are never going to gain support.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 02:58 AM
Response to Reply #19

34. Sensitive, huh?

But not towards those you are attacking...

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 11:35 AM
Response to Reply #34

58. Don't start threads if hearing opposing opinions makes you wince.

You are being an overly sensitive poster, and your ugliness toward all who disagree with you is an indication that you cannot bear disagreement.

Try to conduct yourself without resorting to cheap name calling and insults toward those who don't share your point of view.

The sparkling husband primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 11:13 AM
Response to Reply #15

49. The mods have access to rec/unrec patterns of individual posters?

Is that a fact? can you provide some verification of that?

Feron (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 02:03 AM

27. I'm tired of the complaining. 

There's nothing wrong with someone downrating a thread. What is a gem to one person is a turd to another.

Personally I think that printing the names that rec/unrec will only create more drama. Either it will be related to some ongoing board drama (ie personal pissing match, religion) and/or you'll have disrupter accusations flying all around because a certain poster doesn't like a thread.

The mods do a good job at sniffing out and squashing disrupters. Besides if the OP is excellent, a few disrupters aren't going to keep it off the front page.

The maudlin waif primitive, apropos of nothing:

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 03:29 AM
Response to Reply #36

37. That's actually a good argument against... 

Just about the first in the whole thread.

Bonus points for you!

natrat (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 07:23 AM

41. please, it's all a scam anyway

a lot of the posters on here are probably one guy in a washington office using multiple user names and being paid by whatever industry that is pushing misinformation that month. Look at the borg on here and how it all jumps on one thread and attempts to bully people who don't bow to obama and the corpratist dlc line. No it's in large part fake so i wouldn't worry to much about the rec unrec issue.

I wouldn't worry about it, either.

dorkulon (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 11:08 AM
Response to Reply #41

44. Inflated sense of importance runs rampant around here.

It's just one message board out of gazillions. Nobody would waste their time or money on a coordinated effort like that. There are plenty of volunteer Obama-lovers to take care of it, and frankly, there are much more popular media sources to sway. Why bother with DU when you can pay a few folks to be rude at town halls and dominate the news cycle?

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 11:10 AM

47. I agree with you completely and i rec this thread.

TexasObserver (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 12:49 PM
Response to Reply #73

103. Easiest solution: Accept Unrecommend as it is.

And take it up with the admins if you cannot do that.

loyalkydem  (821 posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 12:45 PM

101. Just like they are unreccing this thread. THey did the same thing to mine and I'm sick of it. It's proably freepers with nothing better to do.

Echo In Light  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 12:50 PM
Response to Reply #101

104. Moderates, and professional Know-It-Alls who dislike the "Loony Left."

I'm guessing there are far more of those here than actual RW trolls.

dionysus  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 01:01 PM

110. you really think someone pays people to post on DU?

I'm going to run a poll on this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: primitives "victims" of "unrec"s want change
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
Good grief!!! Call the waaaaaaaambulance!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
The idea that all the world isn`t hanging on their every thought seems to really hit a nerve with them...same reason so many will bump their own threads over there. :loser:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
It would be nice if primitives could think.  Point me towards any thread at Skin's island and I could tell with with almost 100% certainity which factions are voting it down and which ones are voting it up.  It's just not that hard.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.