Author Topic: mountain man primitive hears something; suspects vote fraud  (Read 465 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
mountain man primitive hears something; suspects vote fraud
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:32:46 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6283147

Oh my.

The mountain man primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 08:49 AM
Original message

Did you hear the gun toting idiot say he voted for Ron Paul?

The clown with the gun was on one of the news programs yesterday evening and if I understood him correctly he said, when asked, that he had voted for Ron Paul. MSNBC is also reporting that he moved to New Hampshire a year ago after finding Arizona not to his liking.

That means he voted in New Hampshire or he voted illegally somewhere else. It also means the man is lieing. Ron Paul was not on the New Hampshire ballot, at least if the state is reporting the vote count accurately. Here's a link to the votes cast for President in New Hampshire:

http://www.wmur.com/politics/feature.html

moggie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 08:54 AM
Response to Original message

1. Does NH allow write-in votes?

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 09:39 AM
Response to Reply #1

6. The vote count at the link doesn't indicate any write in vots so I suspect not.

The tularetom primitive, who flourished and prospered under the "lousy" Bush economy:

tularetom  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 08:56 AM

2. I wondered the same thing but I suppose he could have written Paul in on his ballot.

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 09:11 AM

3. Might have voted absentee inAZ while moving to NH...

Happens all the time...

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 09:40 AM
Response to Reply #3

7. He said a year ago - august - not November.

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-12-09 09:57 AM
Response to Reply #7

8. So... many people wait months to register their cars, much less to vote... It is hard for local municipalities to crack down on car registration and he wouldn't likely be nailed on driver's license unless he was pulled over for something and even then, some states allow 90 days to do so...In fact, in Colorado, you have to have been in the state 90 continuous days before you are even considered a resident (and eligible to get a license). Even then, he could have delayed further, since all he'd have to say is that "he was just visiting."

It is absolutely conceivable for him to have voted absentee in AZ, while in the process of relocating to NH (even if he'd been there for 3 or 4 or even 5 months). After all, it isn't as though he had to apply for a license for his "open carry" ...

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher, still cranky:

proud2BlibKansan  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-12-09 09:37 AM

5. And you know why he moved to New Hampshire?

What the Free State Project is... The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.

http://www.freestateproject.org/ 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Re: mountain man primitive hears something; suspects vote fraud
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »
I think the Free State Project sounds like damn fine endeavor. 

Why are they working themselves into a lather over this thing?  Was August our primaries?  So what, anyway?  The mountain man needs to come out of the hills and visit town for awhile. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
The guy packin' at a Presidential visit was an idiot, but he broke no laws if he had a CC! Get a grip morans!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
The guy packin' at a Presidential visit was an idiot, but he broke no laws if he had a CC! Get a grip morans!
He didn't need a CC permit to open carry. But even then as long as he was legally allowed to own a handgun he broke no laws.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori