Author Topic: primitives in costume picture thread  (Read 844 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives in costume picture thread
« on: August 12, 2009, 06:58:50 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8978029

This is a different sort of picture thread for the primitives; this is thread of pictures of the primitives in costumes.

Remarkable about the ThomCat primitive, who's too depressed to work, but somehow gets into the mood to dress up for one of those fantasy events.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: primitives in costume picture thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 07:05:42 AM »
Looking at those pics remind me why I have never had any interest in going to a Ren Faire
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:55:13 AM »
1.)  In the name of all that is good and decent, do NOT view post #39.

2.)  The baby talk continues at the DU, with Thomcat using "lil" for "little," something I cannot stand, even from babies. 

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:55 AM »
Looking at those pics remind me why I have never had any interest in going to a Ren Faire

Amen, brother!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
1.)  In the name of all that is good and decent, do NOT view post #39.

2.)  The baby talk continues at the DU, with Thomcat using "lil" for "little," something I cannot stand, even from babies.  
I take a backseat to no one when it comes to hypersensitivity to infantile affectations like
"y***y", but I don't see how to avoid it in the case of the butterball DUmmy Li'l Ava.

The DUmmies themselves began to call her "Little Ava" when they noticed her precocious
derangement a couple of years ago.

Using "Li'l" just seems to add a small additional feeling of immaturity to her DUmmitude.

Eliminating the diminuitive altogether would indicate far more respect than
she deserves.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:16 PM »
Stay away from 39.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »

I went to the one in South Carver, Ma. (King Richard's) about 15 years ago - it is so over the top, it becomes a parody of itself. Some of the craftsmen are genuinely talented, as are some of the actors -- but for the most part the people working there are folks who don't have the skills to be proper 'carnies'. The average patron isn't better either - and neither is their knowledge of period dress.

Its like one wakes up and says "If I wear a prom dress, a corset on the outside, something with feathers and a pair of suede boots Ill look totally Renaissance ! YAY !!! "

No. You look totally idiotic.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Stay away from 39.

DAMNIT!  I LOOKED!   :thatsright:  :banghead: :o

Get me some eye bleach!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:43:20 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:20:18 PM »
I am now queasy...thanks a lot :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »
Stay away from 39.
That one photo should cure anyone of the urge for a career as a pedicurist.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »
Not only do I have no real desire to go to said "faire" or other event of that ilk, I have to give a virtual H5 to Karin, TX, Tucker, Bondai, Diesel, and GOBUCKS, as I'm following your advice and not looking there.  So, I never get to see the train wreck (that's the image that comes to mind) that is #39. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 09:02:46 AM »
And let me just say something mean.  That kid in the "hedgehog" costume looks extremely idiotic.  A very sloppily constructed, ugly costume and a dumb-looking kid.  Another poster said "all the other kids must have been jealous."  Sums up nicely the mindset at the DUmp.  Do you ever recall being jealous of some other kid's costume?  I might have admired one, but I was never jealous. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
You people got something against hairy feet?

:evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »
Man that dude has some friggin' mutant lookin' toes.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:48 AM »
Man that dude has some friggin' mutant lookin' toes.

You sure it was a guy?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »
Actually, #39 would probably cause some heavy breathing in the DU foot fetish forum.