Author Topic: Snowy Tuesday  (Read 2489 times)

Offline jtyangel

Snowy Tuesday
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:50:35 AM »
At least for some of us in the midwest :-* We got about 4 inches last night and are expecting another 5 during the day today. The whole crew is home including my mother and my husband who is having fits with getting his computer to log on to work(he still has to work from home today). So, should be more like a weekend day for us. Already have the coffee brewing.

totd: What relative would you most like to sit down with today and talk to who has passed on already?

For me it would be my paternal grandfather. He always treated me with great respect and made me feel good about myself. Stark contrast to my own father. I wish he had lived longer to help me through some of the difficult times I've had as an adult. What I wouldn't do to have 30 minutes to sit with my grandad and tell him how much I love him and ask him his advice again. I miss him, terribly.  :bawl:

Offline jtyangel

Re: Snowy Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:10:59 AM »
The things I do for you peeps..live report from my front yard...photobucket seems to have distorted the sound on my end though..shrug

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:13:37 AM »
Thunderstorms here today with the possibility of sleet/freezing rain tonight.   :banghead:

TOTD:  Tough choice. I loved them all.  I'd start with my mother who died 13 years ago.  A close second would be my paternal grandfather.  He died when I was just 2 so I never really got to know him.  My family was once quite large, but not many of us left now.  I will get to see all of them again some day.  
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:14:32 AM »
The things I do for you peeps..live report from my front yard...photobucket seems to have distorted the sound on my end though..shrug

Sorry to hear the sound on your end is distorted.  I just hate it when that happens.   :evillaugh:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 07:15:56 AM »

Sorry to hear the sound on your end is distorted.  I just hate it when that happens.   :evillaugh:

That sounds like a *back* handed comment. What a *gas*.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »

Hope you don't get behind in your work today.   :tongue:

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »

Getting a little cheeky there, aren't you? :-)
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:46 AM »

Hey, no more cracks like that one, okay?
 :hyper:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lugs always getting a *bum* rap.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 07:27:22 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lugs always getting a *bum* rap.  :-)
[/quote]
Nah, just dragging.a.long.behind today.   :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »
It is supposed to get up to 68 degrees here today, and I'm not complaining about that  :-) It is overcast though, and we are supposed to get rain tonight. By and large, we've had a wet winter (and that's what the Farmer's Almanac said too), which is great with the big drought and all.

Going to take the baby to Gymboree in about an hour (she's moved up to the next level, and that time is pretty early). Then I am meeting up with a friend and having lunch.

TOTD: My paternal grandmother. She was just a real treasure, and I miss her :(

Jetty, my husband drives me BATTY when he works from home  :hammer:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Flame

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:48:50 AM »
Snowday here today, too.

your TOTD really hit me hard today...

here's mine:  My mom.  It was 22 years ago Sunday (the 10th) that she passed away.  I've spent more than half my time alive without parents.
Last night I had a dream about her...it was so real.   I'd so love for my kids to be able to meet her.  For my husband to be able to meet her.  So many things I'd like to ask, to know about.

I hope those of you who's parents are still around hope you know how lucky you are.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:51:40 AM »
Snowday here today, too.

your TOTD really hit me hard today...

here's mine:  My mom.  It was 22 years ago Sunday (the 10th) that she passed away.  I've spent more than half my time alive without parents.
Last night I had a dream about her...it was so real.   I'd so love for my kids to be able to meet her.  For my husband to be able to meet her.  So many things I'd like to ask, to know about.

I hope those of you who's parents are still around hope you know how lucky you are.

Hugs flame. Both my parents are alive, sadly I'm not lucky enough to have been blessed with parents who are any sort of support so that line is a bit bittersweet for me. The grandfather that I mentioned is the closest thing to a parent figure and that is why I miss him terribly. I agree though if folks have anyone of value in their life in this supporting, loving, yet firm role like a parent, treasure them.

Offline guest

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:27:48 AM »
No snow here.  Just a cloudy sky and it's 66 degrees F.

Just had a lot of fun in my Bio Lab.  Testing for carbs, lipids, proteins, that sort of thing. 

Now, I get to wait an hour before I find out the results of my Bio exam.  Prof said the class average was a 69.5.  :o   I am praying for at least an 80 on this exam.

TOTD:  I'd like to talk to my first stepdad again.  He had a heart attack in 1997 at the age of 51.   :bawl:   For me, he was my real dad, even if he wasn't biologically. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:51:21 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »
It's sunny, but -1 degree F and some wind, here in the Sandhills of Nebraska.

We got all of our snow yesterday (Monday), maybe about six or seven inches.

I don't have any particular now-deceased relative I'd like to talk to; any of them would be fine, especially since I know all of their histories, and so we could get right down to business without any preliminaries or background inquiries.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »
Sunny and somewhere around 80 today.
Sorry about the rest of you alls weather.
No, you're not sorry.   :hammer:   :tongue:

Offline guest

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »
Update: I got an A on my Biology exam.  It was a 90, which is an A in Georgia.   The highest score in the class was a 94, and the lowest was a 36, with a class average of 69.26.   There really was no excuse for those in the class who bombed that test, considering there were many similar questions on the test that were also in the textbook.  :whatever:   I made sure to study the questions the textbook had, because the professor did hint that those questions were helpful.  A little too helpful, because some were worded exactly the same. 

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 01:07:07 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
I cleaned my house this morning, put a roast in the crock-pot and have laundry going.  I like days like this when I am on top of things.

My mom called this morning, apparently my Step-Sister has cervical cancer.  She is about 15 years older than me.  We aren't very close but I feel bad for her.

TOTD:  My Grandpa so I can ask him what in the heck is wrong with my Grandma.