Author Topic: PETA cries fowl  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
PETA cries fowl
« on: February 11, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
PETA Opposes Tribute To Fried Chicken

(AP) Animals rights advocates are squawking at a measure that would make fried chicken Kentucky's official picnic food.

State Rep. Charles Siler is sponsoring legislation to assign the designation to KFC's "finger lickin' good" chicken, first served by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1940.

The late colonel's fried chicken deserves the title because of the worldwide attention and economic benefit it has brought to the state, Siler said. KFC, a subsidiary of Louisville-based Yum Brands Inc., has 11,000 restaurants in more than 80 countries.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals bristles at the idea. The animal rights group claims that the chickens KFC serves are abused, even tortured.

"If the state legislature moves forward with this one, then they should change Kentucky's state bird from the cardinal to the debeaked, crippled, scalded, diseased, dead chicken," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA vice president.

PETA has been involved in a long-standing battle with KFC, and even began a push two years ago to have a bust of the bespectacled Colonel Sanders removed from the Kentucky Capitol. Sanders, with his white goatee and black string tie, became recognizable worldwide by marketing his fried chicken.

Mmmmmmmm, tastes just like Spottel Owl.   :tongue:

SOURCE
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: PETA cries fowl
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
 :bird: PETA.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
PETA can go f*** itself. :bird:  They kill enough  animals on their own.  They need to quit with the hypocrisy.   :hammer:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:03:36 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 02:02:06 PM »
I seem to remember a time when they where on the Attorney Generals list of terrorist organizations.

Yeh good times.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:17:35 PM »
I smell a terrorist.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »
Yesterday this guy was wandering around my yard:

Today he's sitting in my refrigerator. Tomorrow he's soup...but then his name was Gumbo!

Cindie