Author Topic: Britney Spears 'drugged by her manager'  (Read 2956 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Britney Spears 'drugged by her manager'
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
A restraining order against Britney Spears' companion and manager Sam Lutfi alleges that he drugged the troubled star, cut her phone lines and took control of her finances, staff and even the paparazzi that trail her.

The order was based on a lengthy declaration by Spears' mother Lynne, who claims that after her daughter met Lutfi, he "essentially moved into Britney's home and has purported to take control of her life, home and finances."

The court order, released by a Los Angeles court, requires Lutfi, 33, whose real name is Osama, to stop harassing the star and her family and cease all contact.

He must stay at least 250 yards away from Spears, the medical centre where she is being detained for psychiatric evaluation, her home and the homes of her parents, siblings and children.

In her declaration, Mrs Spears claims: "Mr. Lutfi drugged Britney, he has cut Britney's home phone lines and removed her cell phone chargers. He yells at her. He claims to control everything - Britney's business manager, her attorneys and the security guards at the gate."

Much of the six-page document focuses on the events of the evening of January 28 when Mrs Spears went to her daughter's home to stage an intervention after hearing she had got into a fight with Lutfi and was "crying".

"We were very concerned about her safety," Mrs Spears states.

"Sam had told Britney that she was an unfit mother, a piece of trash and a whore, that she cares more about Adnan, her current boyfriend, than she cares about her kids, and that she does not deserve the kids."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/06/wbrit106.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

If this is true it's no wonder Britney has gone so badly off the rails.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Britney Spears 'drugged by her manager'
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Nah, my money's still on her being a ****ing nutjob.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »

I think perhaps it is a mixture. Sounds like the young lady had some bad issues with ppd that this sleazebag made sure to take advantage of.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »

I think perhaps it is a mixture. Sounds like the young lady had some bad issues with ppd that this sleazebag made sure to take advantage of.

Oh, don't get me wrong--even if half of what her mother alleges about Lufti is true, he's a scumbag of the first order and only made a bad situation worse.  That being said, she's been a trainwreck for a long, long time--way before this.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:42 PM »
I read her mother's statement on thesmokinggun.com. OMG. That's one effed up girl. The chickens have come home to roost.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »
I read her mother's statement on thesmokinggun.com. OMG. That's one effed up girl. The chickens have come home to roost.

I just read that.  Man, that's f-ed up!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
I read it as well.  The whole time I'm reading it I couldn't help but think, "Get that girl the hell out of there". 

Offline guest

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »
She was just released from the hospital, apparently.   :o   That's a BIG mistake.

Edit:  Well, I guess with her parents in control of the situation, and her dad as a co-conservator, this may be a good thing, especially with Lutfi being kept away by that restraining order.   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:14:12 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
I read that statement too. His real name is Osama, hmm...

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »
I read it as well.  The whole time I'm reading it I couldn't help but think, "Get that girl the hell out of there". 

I feel sorry for her.  Why are her parents just now taking control of this?  I hope she truly gets the help she needs. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »
This reminds me of the whole Anna Nicole and Howard Stern circus.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »
Nah, my money's still on her being a ******* nutjob.

that's what i was thinking.. he saw a lonely girl who desparately needed some guidance and swooped in.

if the photographers start talking about what they knew and saw, that Lufti guy is maybe going to jail. (wesmirch.com says Lufti got the photogs on her butt, taking pics of her everywhere)

but whats up with her speaking with a British accent?  :popcorn:  ive never heard medication do that to a person..

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »

that's what i was thinking.. he saw a lonely girl who desparately needed some guidance and swooped in.

if the photographers start talking about what they knew and saw, that Lufti guy is maybe going to jail. (wesmirch.com says Lufti got the photogs on her butt, taking pics of her everywhere)

but whats up with her speaking with a British accent?  :popcorn:  ive never heard medication do that to a person..

Personality changes from the meds perhaps? Hallucinations?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »

Personality changes from the meds perhaps? Hallucinations?

I suppose so... but the 'articles' say she mostly makes sense.. just uses that accent. she supposedly had an entire conversation with Kevin Federline using it .. I dunno. I imagine being the family bread winner since she was a young kid is bound to be difficult on some level - but split personality?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »

She must of "caught" the British accent when her tongue went down Madonna's throat a couple of years ago.   :2ndbase:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »

She must of "caught" the British accent when her tongue went down Madonna's throat a couple of years ago.   :2ndbase:

ahh... could be!  :-)

i think we have to take anything related to hollywood with about a pound of salt.. they are all kinda flaky.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
http://www.usmagazine.com/mother_allowed_britney_spears_to_get_breast_implants_as_a_teen

Mother Allowed Britney Spears to Get Breast Implants as a Teen
Wednesday February 6, 2008

The new issue of Rolling Stone offers some insight into what has lead to Britney Spears’ downward spiral.

Among the revelations:

• As a teen, the singer’s mother, Lynne, allowed her to get breast implants. But after going under the knife, “she regretted the implants, particularly because her chest was still growing,” a friend says. “When her natural breasts became larger, she had the implants removed.” But Spears kept the surgery a secret. Adds the friend, “When other girls did their boobs [they admitted it] and moved on, but Britney was brought up to lie about herself.”

• The singer never bonded with her father Jamie, mostly because of his heavy drinking. “It was upsetting for Britney Spears to be around her dad,” a pal tells Rolling Stone. “He came backstage one night, and he was wasted. She was devastated. Britney would tell friends that her father was emotionally abusive.”

• When Britney was just beginning her career in the 1990s, she was bribed to work around the clock. “If she didn’t want to come out of the trailer, the label would come to me saying, ‘Please talk to Britney, make sure she performs, and we’ll take you on a shopping spree,’” a close friend says. Adds her former driver: “We would wake Britney up at 6 a.m., and she’d work on a video for three or four days straight for 20 hours a day.”

• Throughout her career, she lobbied “ to appear sluttier,” the magazine claims, to appear more mature. (As a kid, her parents let her walk around the house naked, Rolling Stone reports.) “Every girl in America was wearing crop tops and booty shorts, and Britney felt like she was being held back,” says a friend. “She would joke about wanting to do videos topless.”

• Darrin Henson, who was the choreographer for several videos from Britney’s first album, says: “Britney would come offstage after performing in front of 15 to 16,000 people and start crying because she thought she was terrible. The girl doesn’t know who she is.”

• She reportedly began sleeping with Wade Robson around the time of the 2001 VMAs. “In February 2002, Timberlake discovered a ... note from Robson in Britney’s room. Britney and Timberlake were performing on Saturday Night Live that night, and they sat backstage miserable — he refused to accept her apologies,” an insider says. “The breakup was a terrible shock, particularly as it was followed by Britney’s parents divorce two months later.”

• Britney’s 2002 split from Justin Timberlake devastated her. “Justin had his head screwed on so straight... He became the great force in her life, but it started a pattern — she began to look for guys to help her get away from the people who could control her,” an insider says.

• Britney’s original concept for her 2004 video “Everytime”: “To die in an overflowing bathtub with pills and booze strewn around, and get reincarnated as a baby,” a source says. But Spears’ label objected, and she refused to shoot initally. “Finally, Britney agreed to do it, but first she said, ‘I need three Red Bulls, and call my doctor,’” the insider says. The video, which co-starred bad boy actor Stephen Dorff, ended up featuring her running away from the paparazzi before drowning in a bathtub.

• During a January 13 shopping trip to Betsey Johnson in Sherman Oaks, California, with paparazzo beau Adnan Ghalib, Britney threw a temper tantrum after her credit card was denied. She screamed, “F—k those b---ches! These idiots can’t do anything right!” in a “base animalistic shriek only heard at family member’s deathbed,” an insider says. She then threw “a big bottle of soda on the floor…on piles of discarded merchandise,” before changing into a new shirt, throwing her old one on the floor, and storming out.

• During the same Betsy Johnson spree, a fan asked for a picture for her little sister. Britney turned to Ghalib and screamed, “‘I don’t want her talking to me! Then she whips around and stares the girl deep in the eyes, her lips almost vibrating with anger. ‘I don’t know who you think I am, b-tch … but I’m not that person.’”

• Sam Lutfi — who was recently slapped with a restraining order — tells the magazine he may pen a book based on his troubled days with the singer. “You know, this is so much more than a magazine article — we’ve been doing dictation, she’s been telling me her story, and I’ve been writing it all down. It would make a great book!” Lutfi says.

For more on the singer’s fight to get well, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly on newsstands now

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: