Author Topic: Wednesday... Meh.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Wednesday... Meh.
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »

TOTD

If you could do one thing completely free of consequences what would it be?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Wednesday... Meh.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »
TOTD: Smack the crap out of Congress. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »
Meh is right.  I'm working on taxes, and Mr Flame is a master at "filing" papers in places only he can find.  Oiy.  I have a list of things I need that he gets to procure for me this evening!

No snow here in WV, just rain.  What a blah day!

TOTD:  I dunno....I'd probably like to kick the crap outta some people who really deserve it.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:37:49 AM »
Be the first on your block with no snow.  Get you blow dryer and a long extension cord......

TOTD:  Get a back rub from an elephant.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:55:08 AM »
Well, today's been a rough day for me, health-wise.  But I've managed to survive the day's classes, so far.

TOTD:

I think beating up a few liberals would be nice (the loony ones elsewhere, not the ones here on CC). 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »
If I could do something with no harmful consequences to myself:

(a) I would get Doug's ex-wife a brain-scan, for her own good.

(b) I would put Fat Che on an enforced diet, for his own good.

(c) I would inject, intravenously, Lydia Pinkham's Special Vegetable Compound for Female Complaints into the dysmenopausal Kansas schoolteacher, for her own good.

(d) I would abolish Democrats, for their own good.

Of course, it's just a bunch of fantasies; they'll never happen.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »
Still gray and yucky here, but warm for another day or so. I'm removing wallpaper--oh yay! :p Have the boys room about half done and then comes time to repair the walls...more fun then words can speak and no doubt I'll be doing the whole project alone...as usual. :whatever: :whatever:

TOTD: Leave my current situation.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »
TOTD:  No consequences eh?  I'd make a withdrawl from a Federal Reserve bank.  A couple of semi-loads would suffice.   :-) :uhsure:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 01:57:37 PM »
ehh, I'm still sick.  I took today off from work again.  I gotta go in tomorrow no matter what.  Oh and I forgot to turn on my heater last night and it was 55 in my house when I woke up today.  Sigh, I think I'm going to go back to bed soon.

TOTD:
Quote from: lug-nut
TOTD:  No consequences eh?  I'd make a withdrawl from a Federal Reserve bank.  A couple of semi-loads would suffice.

Ditto that.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
Had to spend 481 bucks to get my car repaired this morning... leaky valve cover was dripping oil on the spark plug.. 280 bucks for that.. plus 141 for the tune-up (and missed 3 hours of work because of it... 7:30 to 10:30 .. sheesh!).  So yeah, "Meh" would be a good description for the day.

TOTD:  I'd go on a credit card spree... since there's no consequences, no bills to pay back   :cheersmate:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
Had to spend 481 bucks to get my car repaired this morning... leaky valve cover was dripping oil on the spark plug.. 280 bucks for that.. plus 141 for the tune-up (and missed 3 hours of work because of it... 7:30 to 10:30 .. sheesh!).  So yeah, "Meh" would be a good description for the day.

TOTD:  I'd go on a credit card spree... since there's no consequences, no bills to pay back   :cheersmate:

Oh that's a good one.  I'd first have to get a credit card, but then I could totally spend a ton. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
Smack hillary with an ugly stick, but then again I hate being the last one in line.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »
TOTD: I would put peanut butter on the edge of the seat of every member of Congress and let loose about 50 pigs where they meet.