Author Topic: Friday finally  (Read 3415 times)

Offline jtyangel

Friday finally
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »
I shall keep it brief. Nasty weather, but although many school districts around us are closed, ours is open. Hey, I don't mind.  :hyper: The kids on the other hand :bawl:.

I'm running on empty today so I haven't found the motivation or energy yet to figure out the direction of my day. There's always something waiting to be done so I"m sure I'll get it figured out. Maybe I'll take the little one to the library. Meh.

TOTD: paper or plastic?

I gotta go with paper, although most of the time I tell the people bagging it 'whatever', I find paper sturdier. I get the choice at Aldi's and will usually go with paper there.

What a boring TOTD for Friday eh? Like I said... :yawn: :yawn:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Friday finally
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »
Paper.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »
School is closed here, due to ice.  Yay. :whatever:

The boys have been up since 6:00 anyway, psycho kids that they are.  My daughter is still asleep!

Not sure what I'm going to do today, either.  Was gonna start on taxes, but I think I'll wait 'til Monday when I'm home alone.

I'll probably bake some banana bread before I have to pitch the bananas.

TOTD: I don't think I've been given the option in years at the stores I shop at (Walmart and now Food Lion).  They only have plastic.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »
Paper.

I had a feeling with you, Frank.  :-*

I'm afraid I have fuzzy nostalgic feelings about paper besides the practical ones.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:50:16 AM »
Paper.  Word on the street is that plastic bags will not be available in the near future at most grocery stores around there.  I much prefer paper bags.  It will be interesting to see if the sackers at the grocery store have any idea how to fill one.

I spent yesterday in the city of rednecks and rocket scientists.  Will spend tomorrow preparing for a Super Bowl party at the house of lug-nut.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Up to my knee caps in snow :censored: Every school district in my county is closed as well,supposed to get 8 to 10 inches so I'm sure I will be outside for the majority of the day. TTOD: I usually take the plastic at the Kroger I go to,if you say paper you get a weird look for some reason. Plus the plastic ones make good lunch bags! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jendf

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 08:03:04 AM »
Not only is it Friday, but it's Pay Day! Oh, the havoc I will wreak on my debit card this weekend!  :evillaugh:

My weight loss efforts are in full swing now. I'm joining a fitness challenge at my apartment complex so that should give me an extra boost. I'm tired of feeling like a tub o' lard.

TOTD: Don't usually get asked a preference. It's always plastic at my Fry's. I like Trader Joe's because they do paper.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
Paper.  Word on the street is that plastic bags will not be available in the near future at most grocery stores around there.  I much prefer paper bags.  It will be interesting to see if the sackers at the grocery store have any idea how to fill one.

I spent yesterday in the city of rednecks and rocket scientists.  Will spend tomorrow preparing for a Super Bowl party at the house of lug-nut.

Superbowl...I forgot about that. Reminds me I need to go out to the grocery store today.

Another paper peep--woot!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »
School is closed here, due to ice.  Yay. :whatever:

The boys have been up since 6:00 anyway, psycho kids that they are.  My daughter is still asleep!

Not sure what I'm going to do today, either.  Was gonna start on taxes, but I think I'll wait 'til Monday when I'm home alone.

I'll probably bake some banana bread before I have to pitch the bananas.

TOTD: I don't think I've been given the option in years at the stores I shop at (Walmart and now Food Lion).  They only have plastic.

I thought we'd at least have a delay--nearly every other school was delayed, but not ours.  :confused:

Offline Flame

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »

Superbowl...I forgot about that. Reminds me I need to go out to the grocery store today.

Another paper peep--woot!

all this talk about the Superbowl...I'm so depressed.  For the first time in YEARS, Mr Flame is not working, so I'd actually have someone to watch with, and I could make food, etc.  But nnoooooooooooooooooo, I'm driving into DC instead, for AAB auditions.   :thatsright: :hammer: :banghead: :bawl:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »
Up to my knee caps in snow :censored: Every school district in my county is closed as well,supposed to get 8 to 10 inches so I'm sure I will be outside for the majority of the day. TTOD: I usually take the plastic at the Kroger I go to,if you say paper you get a weird look for some reason. Plus the plastic ones make good lunch bags! :-)
I like the cross-eyed look the pimply teenagers give you. You'd think you asked them to play a vinyl record for you or something. :old:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »
Not only is it Friday, but it's Pay Day! Oh, the havoc I will wreak on my debit card this weekend!  :evillaugh:

My weight loss efforts are in full swing now. I'm joining a fitness challenge at my apartment complex so that should give me an extra boost. I'm tired of feeling like a tub o' lard.

TOTD: Don't usually get asked a preference. It's always plastic at my Fry's. I like Trader Joe's because they do paper.

Good for you, Jen! You always got your peeps here if you need motivation too..just ask.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »
Still on shift, but the plant is back up so I won't be working this weekend, thankfully.

TOTD: Plastic--I have pets I have to clean up after.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jendf

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »
Good for you, Jen! You always got your peeps here if you need motivation too..just ask.

Thanks!

Offline guest

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:57:11 AM »
Just got back from class early, after some of my less focused classmates were caught sleeping.  Professor was so angry, I nearly went deaf from the yelling.   Plus, we were given an extra assignment thanks to the slackers. :bawl:

TOTD: I prefer both.  I typically reuse the plastic bags for the little trash can in my bathroom.  Paper is nice because it's biodegradable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:41:17 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 10:20:31 AM »
Morning. A little cranky today but it'll get better. Taking my daughter to the doctor AGAIN today because she is a bit feverish. I think she is just teething but what do I know?  :whatever: Going to a couples thing tonight from church, should be fun. We went to go visit his grandpa at the VA, he seems to be better. He was sitting up and bitching that he was hungry. He didn't finish his food but that fact he was bitching is a good sign. He was even hitting on one of his nurses.  :-) I hope he gets better, we are all praying for him.

TOTD: Plastic although the state of CA, which knows what is best for us, might makes us go paper.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »
TOTD:  Plastic.  When the b/f comes to stay the night plastic grocery bags are fondly referred to as his "matching luggage".   If I don't get some sex soon the bags will be fondly remembered as his "death mask" when I describe his death while I'm in prison.  Send cigarettes.  I'll need bargaining power.   :whatever:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »
TOTD: we get plastic to pick up the dog stuff in the dog yard.

as for today, i guess my big 'woot' is going to see Hannah Montana in 3D with my daughter, three of her friends and their moms downtown tonight.

*sigh*

Offline jendf

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »

as for today, i guess my big 'woot' is going to see Hannah Montana in 3D with my daughter, three of her friends and their moms downtown tonight.

*sigh*

I read today that even Hannah Montana's movie is selling out. That chick must be rolling in the dough.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:07 PM »
TOTD:   Paper.. stronger, easier to use for other purposes.

And I'm really thinking some IT people in my office need to be smacked...  Office remains open, but everyone's refusing to come in but about 5 of us, cause they're afraid of the 'snow'  (and about 4 of them live in the same area I do, and NO problems for me getting in..). 

This is what happens when you move southerners to a midwest/northern climate, and then tell them they can work from home, only if they can't make it in.  What the heck did the bosses THINK they were going to say????

Of course, seeing a tractor-trailer and it's rig all turned over on the road is a sight to behold, that I'd never really seen before... although I had seen one that had gotten "hung" over the median wall once.   I'm still trying to figure out that one happened.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 01:26:11 PM »

TOTD: paper or plastic?

I gotta go with paper, although most of the time I tell the people bagging it 'whatever', I find paper sturdier. I get the choice at Aldi's and will usually go with paper there.

What a boring TOTD for Friday eh? Like I said... :yawn: :yawn:

Your ALDI's supplies BAGS?   At ours you have to bring your own, or use the empty boxes from stocking the shelves....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »

*sigh*

I read today that even Hannah Montana's movie is selling out. That chick must be rolling in the dough.

its only playing for one night across the country .. someone is a brilliant marketing person on her team. i just hope she stays sane.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »
Ah like pa-per. 

/Forrest Gump

I'm just glad it's Friday.

Offline jendf

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »

*sigh*

its only playing for one night across the country .. someone is a brilliant marketing person on her team. i just hope she stays sane.

I thought the commercials for it said one week?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

*sigh*

I thought the commercials for it said one week?

meh, i always get this stuff wrong... i thought Night at the Museum at the IMAX was in 3D and that turned out to be wrong..  :-)

cute movie though... the 3D stuff was good though.

for a kid movie..