Author Topic: Can COVID come back?  (Read 549 times)

Offline CC27

Can COVID come back?
« on: March 13, 2024, 07:44:28 AM »
MustLoveBeagles (11,556 posts)

Can COVID come back?
I originally tested positive on 3/1 and then negative on 3/6. I tested on a home test kit this morning and I'm positive 7 days after a negative test.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/114233994

Stop it. Just stop.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Can COVID come back?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 09:18:06 AM »
Can COVID come back?
Most definitely, for some reason it’s attracted to left wing progressive liberals. You need to go straight to the doctor and get your whole series of covid shots all over again.
And don’t forget to double mask and wash your hands. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 09:43:47 AM »
Home test kits ("rapid antigen") have higher false positive and higher false negative rates than the test that labs and hospitals use, which detect genetic material specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus (PCR test). Rapid antigen tests are less precise, and users sometimes are sloppy (e.g. don't follow directions or accidentally contaminate test materials - test developers try to make the test kits idiot-tolerant, but nothing is idiot-proof).

If DU-member MustLoveBeagles was actually concerned, (s)he should have arranged - and now maybe should - to have a PCR test done at a local Walgreens or CVS or indie pharmacy. Or maybe just stay home for a week unless symptoms become serious and ask friends to deliver food and necessities if necessary (DU-member MustLoveBeagles should have bought an oximeter 3 or 4 years ago). If one compares Worldometers' Covid cases and deaths data for the US it can be seen that Covid became less deadly in mid-late 2021, and there have been fewer cases (compared to 2021) starting with 2022.

Anyone who thought Covid would magically go away in a year or so was fooling themselves. Covid has become like flu, seasonal background noise for most, serious or deadly for a few. It probably should be handled like a flu or cold, i.e. don't go to a hospital or ER unless symptoms become serious and be selfish rather than sharing it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 11:02:33 AM »
Can COVID come back?

Translation:

Can COVID please come back? We're in big trouble here and we're desperate for another disaster like last time to save us again.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 11:29:18 AM »
 :hi5: earned and issued for the accurate translation.

Unfortunately for DU-grade Progs, the 2023-2024 summer and winter Covid seasons were a fizzle and are in the past. Come Election Day, the 2024 summer Covid will be months in the past (and probably another fizzle, if that much), and the winter Covid season will be a month or more in the future (and probably another fizzle, if that much). Wolf-crying has consequences, especially if the wolf doesn't show up.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 12:34:49 PM »
:hi5: earned and issued for the accurate translation.

Unfortunately for DU-grade Progs, the 2023-2024 summer and winter Covid seasons were a fizzle and are in the past. Come Election Day, the 2024 summer Covid will be months in the past (and probably another fizzle, if that much), and the winter Covid season will be a month or more in the future (and probably another fizzle, if that much). Wolf-crying has consequences, especially if the wolf doesn't show up.

Oh, how they yearn for the days of old when they had a tool to mandate misery...  to satisfy their urge to control others

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 02:47:47 PM »
Oh, how they yearn for the days of old when they had a tool to mandate misery...  to satisfy their urge to control others

What's pathetic (OK, one among many stupid Prog narratives) is that the stupidly false narrative that Trump wasted the first two months of 2020 and did nothing about Covid. Progs recycle. I can still access (and post A/R) the list of news stories, with (updated) urls, I compiled back in August 2020 that demonstrates that narrative false.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 03:53:56 PM »
What a sorry loser. Why would you trust any at home test kit as your only way to tell if your sick. They barely work as it has been pointed out in this thread and I guess if that is the kind of world you want to live in with fear and terror over something like Covid then by all means treat it like its the Andromeda Strain and stay in your home forever.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:34 PM »

BINGO!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 11:33:45 PM »
Don't worry, DUmmie, WHO is already setting up the next one:

World health leaders warn of pandemic 20 times worse than COVID

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/4424600-world-health-leaders-warn-of-pandemic-20-times-worse-than-covid/

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024, 02:08:33 PM »

It also leads to putting Sharter Joe back in the basement, extended voting days at all hours, more unattended drop boxes, and libs going all in on mask wearing yet again. Along with shaming people for not getting your 19th Wuhan shot.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 02:15:46 PM »

They probably have witch doctor, Fauci, anxiously waiting in the wings for a comeback. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!