Author Topic: DUer Concerned About Independent Thought  (Read 418 times)

Offline BamaMoose

DUer Concerned About Independent Thought
« on: March 06, 2024, 05:49:16 AM »
As more and more Democrats express their concerns about Biden's mental state a DUmmy has thrown down the gauntlet:

Lunabell (5,830 posts)

From now on, I'm considering ALL negative posts and polls about President Biden as not supporting Democrats.

Yes, that's right, unless you are giving context as to why this ****ing negative kkkrap is on DU.

For example: "This negative poll about President Biden makes me sick and I hate it!!" Or, "Take a look at this horrible poll, what can we do to make these numbers better for President Biden and the Democratic party?"

And furthermore, it's Democrat with a capital "D" and also it is not the democrat party. It's the Democratic party.

Rant over. But, forwarned is fairwarned.

Every sentence in this post is comical:

"From now on, I'm considering ALL negative posts and polls about President Biden as not supporting Democrats."
        Starts out with a threat that posts that don't glorify Biden are violations of DU's TOSs and grounds for getting banned.

"Yes, that's right, unless you are giving context as to why this ****ing negative kkkrap is on DU."
        Follows up with the obligatory KKK reference, because everyone I don't agree with is Hitler.

"For example: "This negative poll about President Biden makes me sick and I hate it!!" Or, "Take a look at this horrible poll, what can we do to make these
         numbers better for President Biden and the Democratic party?"

Adds that any negative press about Biden must be twisted in a manner that DUmmies might find it palatable.  They do love to distort facts.

"And furthermore, it's Democrat with a capital "D" and also it is not the democrat party. It's the Democratic party."
        LOL.  They do hate the whole Democrat vs. Democratic thing.  I'm always amazed how something that minor causes so much angst.

"Rant over. But, forwarned is fairwarned."
        Scary final sentence.  Like we are all being threatened.  Would have been better if they knew how to spell "forewarned" and knew that "fairwarned" isn't a
        real word.

First response immediately falls into line:

marble falls (55,542 posts)
1. With you all the way.

Second post is confused.  They don't want even a hint of Biden criticism to be allowed.

Think. Again. (6,292 posts)
2. Could you clarify...

....if you feel that the 2 examples in your post are acceptable or not acceptable?

I personally feel that the 2 examples you gave are NOT acceptable as they are only ways to get the negative message posted while covering the poster's a**·

I agree that at this point in time, we here at DU should not be accepting of messaging that includes negative (and usually false) context about our candidates and our party. It's late in the game, we're passed the point of arguing in favor of candidates or picking at minor differences, and we are AT the point where what matters most is to strongly promote a massive BLUE wave in November.

More hive-mind.

Snarkoleptic (5,992 posts)
6. Agree!

I'll be blocking any concern trolls as well.

Aristus (65,852 posts)
15. I'm with you.

I absolutely cannot stand when the repukes do the whole ‘democrat party’ thing. It’s stupid and childish, and of course, that’s why they do it. Stupid and childish are kind of their brief.

How ironic that he talks about stupid and childish in the same post that he refers to Republicans as "repukes".  I never realized that misusing the word Democrat was so bothersome until I saw posts about it on DU.  I'm always amused by how stressed they get over things that most people don't even notice.  And, for the record, referring to Republicans as "repukes" doesn't even raise most eyebrows.  Because we know how stupid and childish they are.

And the thread goes on and on, but admittedly with at least a few dissenters.  But I have to wonder if this isn't a precursor to a purge similar to what happened in 2016 during the Bernie-Hillary wars that occurred over there.  Skinner and the rest of the brain-trust over there have set up a system where posters can ban each other willy-nilly.  And they have turned a blind eye to the inherent abuse of the system they created.  In 2016 they purged hundreds (if not thousands) of members when just about everyone was alerting on just about every post.  Is EarlG smart enough to recognize how that impacted his revenue?  I wonder if he regrets buying the site from Skinner, who, maybe, saw the writing on the wall.  EarlG mentioned last month that DU wasn't doing great financially.  Between Biden's incompetence and the divisions being created by the situation in Gaza he might not have more than a couple dozen contributing members by the end of the year.  And, of course, the most important question is, "If all the contributing members are banned or quit, who is going to buy my mole his star next year?".

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218739146

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: DUer Concerned About Independent Thought
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 07:11:26 AM »
The dump is a discussion form where you can’t have a discussion, all you can do is support the party line.
Differing opinions, or free thinking isn’t allowed  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 08:19:51 AM »
Lunabell (5,830 posts)

From now on, I'm considering ALL negative posts and polls about President Biden as not supporting Democrats.

Yes, that's right, unless you are giving context as to why this ****ing negative kkkrap is on DU.

For example: "This negative poll about President Biden makes me sick and I hate it!!" Or, "Take a look at this horrible poll, what can we do to make these numbers better for President Biden and the Democratic party?"

And furthermore, it's Democrat with a capital "D" and also it is not the democrat party. It's the Democratic party.

Rant over. But, forwarned is fairwarned.

The equivalent of a 4yo sticking their fingers in the ears and shouting at the top of their lungs LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.  :lmao:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 08:50:00 AM »
They are very authoritarian and totalitarian.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:13:05 AM »
The dump is a discussion form where you can’t have a discussion, all you can do is support the party line.

Yes indeed, and how boring is that?  Earl can't afford to have the mass purges that happened in the past, because 1) his membership is slowly dying off, they are old as the hills, and 2)  because the hivemind is so boring, he's not attracting any exciting new content talent. 

And see what we're missing because of this enforced groupthink:

ecstatic (32,453 posts)
89. I was going to post about a disturbing conversation today but opted not to

I don't want to discourage anyone but I am feeling really discouraged today. We have a huge problem that is not being addressed but I'll leave it at that.

And that ends the thread.  I want to know about his disturbing conversation!!  What was it??  What are you talking about, spit it out! 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:31:57 AM by Karin »

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 12:16:05 PM »
And that ends the thread.  I want to know about his disturbing conversation!!  What was it??  What are you talking about, spit it out!

He discovered that all the denizens of the dump, are a bunch of losers and in spite of all the nefarious efforts lies and cheating, Donald Trump is going to win! Y’all just can’t stop him :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 12:29:52 PM »
Lunabell is a Lunatic. But we all know that is the very type of people that are caged up at the DUmp. I don't care what you like or don't Lunabell. There isn't much you can do about it, it's called free speech yeah if i was there I could get banned but the fact I could get under your skin if I was allowed on the island of misfit toys would be worth it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 01:53:46 PM »

No, cupcake. Its demokkkrat party. You know, the party factually, historically affiliated with the kkk. The party whos sitting president didn't want his kids growing up in a "racial jungle". The sitting president who was chummy with robert kkk byrd.

:ownit:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 02:58:45 PM »

Not only can they not have a real discussion, it's like DU is a competition to see who can follow/enforce the party line the most.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 04:55:42 PM »
Fall in line and do as you are told because this is the democratic party.

The DUmb is truly too DUmb.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 04:58:38 PM »
Thou shalt not wander off the DU Reservation!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.