Author Topic: Transgender people can be baptized Catholic, serve as godparents, Vatican says  (Read 380 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.reuters.com/world/transsexuals-can-be-baptized-catholic-serve-godparents-vatican-says-2023-11-08/

VATICAN CITY, Nov 8 (Reuters) - Transgender people can be godparents at Roman Catholic baptisms, witnesses at religious weddings and receive baptism themselves, the Vatican's doctrinal office said on Wednesday, responding to questions from a bishop.

The department, known as the Dicastery of the Doctrine of the Faith, was vague however, in response to a question of whether a same-sex couple could have a Church baptism for an adopted child or one obtained through a surrogate mother.

Lots of end time theology claims the RCC will morph into the Anti Christ and the False Prophet's world wide church.  Not gonna say it's a guarantee, but stuff like this does make the argument stronger. 

Even if we aren't as close to the end times as I think we are, the current Pope and the RCC that is following him are dragging the church further away from truth than it has been.  (Not an attack on Catholic individuals, but as an organization, the RCC has a lot of problems has had many of them for a long time, and seems more interested in fitting in with the world than getting back on track)
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

That’s sick, I can’t see giving children to deranged mentally ill people  :thatsright: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Thanks, Your Eminence.  We're going to do that anyway, whether you say-so or not.  Nobody tells us what to do in our own families.