Author Topic: I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF than live homeless  (Read 2577 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF than live homeless
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:01:27 AM »
So, DUmpass yuiyoshida is having a meltdown demanding to know who is going to pay or take care of it when it can no longer pay rent.
The meltdown is pretty good so far... someone (I think it was the OP) even pulled a hide.
Sorry its so much, I just thought it was totally worthy of bringing it all over

https://www.democraticunderground.com/104019579

Mon Oct 8, 2018, 10:33 PM
Star Member yuiyoshida (26,870 posts)

VOTE NO ON PROP 10, OR I COULD BE HOMELESS.... not kidding
Last edited Tue Oct 9, 2018, 03:36 AM - Edit history (16)

I live in a rent controlled Apartment in San Francisco. If PROP 10 passes, my Land lady can make me leave by raising the rent so high that I would have to move out, and I would have no where to go. No where...

Response to yuiyoshida (Original post)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 10:38 PM
David__77 (17,939 posts)
4. I'm voting yes because I think rent control should be an option.
Proposition 10 will allow jurisdictions to implement rent control

Response to David__77 (Reply #4)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 10:56 PM

7. THANKS A ****ING LOT...
YOU GOT A PLACE I CAN LIVE OTHER WISE I CAN BE UNDER A DAMN BRIDGE.

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #7)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 01:10 PM
FBaggins (17,580 posts)

101. You have it backwards yuiyoshida
Democrats heavily favor Prop 10... landlords are the ones asking for a "No" vote.
IOW - You're about to stab yourself in the back.

Response to DBoon (Reply #5)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 10:57 PM

8. NO IT DOESN'T
the PROP IS BULLSHIT.. don't **** with rent control...

Response to DBoon (Reply #9)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:06 PM

11. I WILL NOT live AS A HOMELESS PERSON
I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF than live homeless...

Response to DBoon (Reply #12)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:11 PM

13. IF if passes I will be dead...
I WILL NOT LIVE on the streets. The city is expensive enough, and I have no where to go. NO WHERE...do you even get that?? My income is not enough for me to live in a more expensive place. The city has few apartments where I can live, and there is no where else to go, not Berkeley not anywhere in the bay Area....

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #13)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:16 PM
Star Member Tiggeroshii (6,757 posts)
14. Please read the law. It allows stricter rent control by municipalities.

Response to Tiggeroshii (Reply #14)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:23 PM

16. omg... I WILL NOT LIVE LIKE THIS!!!

IF YOU VOTE YES, my landlady can raise my rent so high, I will be forced out...I WILL BE ON THE DAMN STREETS. I know many of you live in nice house, or apartments...maybe you got great jobs and make decent money, BUT I DON'T!!! I have a fixed income because of disabilities and my landlady is greedy.. She has been trying to get me to move out so she can raise the rent on the entire building and if she does.. THIS is where I will be... (insert another bleeding heart photo of homeless people)

Response to stopbush (Reply #71)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:46 AM

74. I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF THAN LIVE ON THE STREET

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #74)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:48 AM
Star Member stopbush (19,483 posts)
76. Except no one is saying you need to live on the street. Simple.

Response to stopbush (Reply #76)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:57 AM

78. Really?? and where the

**** do you think I should go? RENTS WILL BE too high and THIS IS MY city. I WAS BORN Here.. YEAH maybe I should leave the STATE..but who is going to pay for that? What ****ing city should i go to, cause I don't know anyone outside this STATE.
Unlike NYC, this happens to be a great place to grow up, I shouldn't have to leave it.

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #8)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 01:45 AM
California_Republic (593 posts)
64. Calm down and read the proposition

Response to California_Republic (Reply #64)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:14 AM

67. Don't you tell me to calm down, how dare you!

READ THE NEWSPAPER LINKS.. are you saying its FAKE NEWS?
YOU probably live in a nice house, where I LIVE in poverty... I don't tell people how or what kinds of CONDITIONS i live in. I BET you don't see big RATS in your living room do you? Well I been fighting my slum lord land lord for years and she wants me out, Present Rent control keeps me in this place cause I have no where else to go. ..I am 3 FEET FROM THE DAMN STREET... as far as homelessness goes.. SO DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. If this passes she can force me to leave by raising the damn rent.

Response to yuiyoshida (Original post)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:21 PM
DBoon (14,313 posts)

15. I am baffled by the responses to this issue
We have a ballot proposition that will give cities back the option to legislate strong rent control.
It will give cities the same authority they had to impose string rent control they had before the republicans took over the CA legislature and governorship in the 1980s,
Yet a see all these supposed progressive DU members saying they will vote no on this.
Have we become free-market advocates of unrestricted real estate markets or something?

Response to DBoon (Reply #15)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:27 PM
18. I. WILL. NOT. LIVE. LIKE THIS.

Response to DBoon (Reply #15)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 12:13 AM
David__77 (17,939 posts)
40. It's pretty clear to me why the Democratic Party supports this.
This is a very limited measure.

Response to yuiyoshida (Original post)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:27 PM
JuJuYoshida (501 posts)

19. nust be nice to live off the high hog David__77
I'll never be broke but my girlfriend would be homeless, have a little compassion

Response to David__77 (Reply #42)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 12:27 AM
46. I WANT ****ING RENT CONTROL...i don't want my LANDLORD PUTTING ME OUT ON THE STREET

Response to BigmanPigman (Reply #65)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:07 AM

66. if you vote yes, and it passes....
DU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY about me any more, I WILL NOT BE any where near a computer... i WILL BE HOMELESS..SO GO vote yes.

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #69)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:36 AM
Star Member stopbush (19,483 posts)

70. Why are you not providing the articles and opinions that support a YES vote on Prop 10
as outlined in the voter guide? Why quote all the anti-Prop 10 crap from RW newspapers?

Response to stopbush (Reply #70)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:44 AM

72. OH STOP, THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE IS NOT A RIGHT WING RAG
read the LINKS! READ WHAT THEY ARE SAYING... there are NO RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS. THIS IS MY survival I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Online 67 Rover

Re: I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF than live homeless
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »
Response to DBoon (Reply #9)Mon Oct 8, 2018, 11:06 PM

11. I WILL NOT live AS A HOMELESS PERSON
I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF than live homeless...

So we have that to look forward to.  :cheersmate:

Remind me is this the DUmmie that took care of another persons dog and then felt unappreciated and put it in a shelter?  the owner of the dog threatened to sue if I recall.  I may be off on my DUmmie here if so I apologize.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:49:30 AM »
Now the DUmmy is getting trolled too...

Response to yuiyoshida (Original post)Sat Oct 13, 2018, 07:43 PM
DBoon (14,313 posts)

131. VOTE YES ON PROPOSITION 10 OR I COULD TURN INTO A RHINOCEROS! Not kidding

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 11:54:40 AM »
Always fascinating to see how the DUpipo feel like it should be the obligation of others to take care of them.  Claim disability, get a check, bitch about how little it is, bitch some more because you didn't get a big enough increase in the money you 'earn' from your disability check.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

I say, take a few of these whackjobs up to Alaska, throw them out in the wilderness they all claim to want to be a part of, set up some cameras, and voila! an instant reality show that would be worth billions. 

Some of them would have enough desire to live they would start figuring out that maybe, just maybe they weren't as disabled as they thought and they would eek out an existence.  Others would simply try to hang on long enough for those who were actually trying to make it work, make it work, then they would start hitting them up for freebies.  Watch them tear each other up at that point!  LOL

I'm telling you, that would be some 'must see TV!'

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:57:38 AM »
I'm voting no on 10 myself. Not because of the DUmmy but because it's supported by the California state Democrat Party. If they're for it, it must be bad.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »
yuiyoshida, send me your address and I will send you some rope and razor blades free of charge.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 12:35:05 PM »
Comedy Gold!

:popcorn:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »
Response to stopbush (Reply #71)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:46 AM

74. I WOULD SOONER KILL MYSELF THAN LIVE ON THE STREET

Works for me, go for it.  You'll still be voting Democrat for many, many years either way.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »
This is the second thread on this DU-thread.

Perchance is DBoon a re-reg'ed bravenak?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »
This is the second thread on this DU-thread.

Perchance is DBoon a re-reg'ed bravenak?

Somehow I missed that original CC post... sorry

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »
Response to California_Republic (Reply #64)Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:14 AM
Star Member yuiyoshida (26,872 posts)
67. Don't you tell me to calm down, how dare you!

READ THE NEWSPAPER LINKS.. are you saying its FAKE NEWS?
YOU probably live in a nice house, where I LIVE in poverty... I don't tell people how or what kinds of CONDITIONS i live in. I BET you don't see big RATS in your living room do you? Well I been fighting my slum lord land lord for years and she wants me out, Present Rent control keeps me in this place cause I have no where else to go. ..I am 3 FEET FROM THE DAMN STREET... as far as homelessness goes.. SO DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. If this passes she can force me to leave by raising the damn rent.

She must be allowed to stay in her shithole apartment with the big rats in the living room.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »
> I would have to move out, and I would have no where to go. No where...

What are you?  Some kind of Sugar Mice?  Move to a state where the democrat party has not copulated it so much you can't survive.
The only reason to live in the bright lights of the democrat zone is for drugs, hookers and crime.  GTFO or STFU.

You'll be old soon and your kitsch will age twice as quickly.  Bank it :-)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:12:01 AM »
I BET you don't see big RATS in your living room do you? Well I been fighting my slum lord land lord for years and she wants me out,

Since rats would be a basic livability issue, I think their existence is dubious. On the other hand I can easily believe yui has made herself so obnoxious that SF's onerous rent control ordinances and rent board keep her landlord from getting rid of a vexatious system-playing tenant.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 02:34:22 PM »
Well, I imagine the primitive's happy now.

https://www.sacbee.com/site-services/newsletters/capitol-alert-newsletter/article220900615.html

California voters reject rent control measure

Rent control proponents suffered a major defeat Tuesday, as California rejected Proposition 10, the initiative that sought to give cities more power over local rent control laws.

Painted by backers as a critical tool for cities and counties across California to prevent massive rent increases and forestall tenant displacement in the middle of an unprecedented statewide housing crisis, the initiative sought to repeal the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act, which sets strict limits on rent control across California. It was losing Tuesday night, 62 percent to 38 percent.

The measure’s failure means Costa-Hawkins remains in place. The law prevents cities from strengthening existing rent control laws. Rent control cannot cover single-family homes, condos or any housing built after 1995. When a tenant vacates a rent-controlled unit, landlords are allowed to raise rents to whatever price the market will bear.

The defeat represents the biggest win in more than two decades for powerful California real estate interests.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »

https://www.sacbee.com/site-services/newsletters/capitol-alert-newsletter/article220900615.html

Thanks for checking that, and good to "see" you, frank. The outcomes on CA ballot propositions was a mixed bag. Prop 10 losing was one of the good outcomes. Not for yuiyoshida's sake, but because it would have enabled vastly increased municipal governments' intrusions into people's lives.

Proposition 8 was another good shoot-down. It would have implemented all kinds of pricing restrictions and regs on dialysis clinics, supposedly to save "the people" $$. The actual effect would have been causing many such clinics to shut down, chaos for users, and higher costs for users, insurance companies and the state, as users are forced to go to higher priced hospitals. It also got hammered, almost 2 to 1.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 03:34:22 PM »

VOTE NO ON PROP 10, OR I COULD BE HOMELESS.... not kidding   :loser:

Oh hush.    :nunchuck:
Buick still makes affordable housìng.    :rimshot:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 04:21:38 PM »
"Bobo the Hobo Returns!"
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »
Oh hush.    :nunchuck:
Buick still makes affordable housìng.    :rimshot:

But parking in SF might be expensive as yu-yo's rent payment ... possibly literally. And further down the Peninsula cities are already having trouble with the number of people parking vehicles and living in them.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »

VOTE NO ON PROP 10, OR I COULD BE HOMELESS.... not kidding
    Last edited Tue Oct 9, 2018, 03:36 AM - Edit history (16)

I live in a rent controlled Apartment in San Francisco. If PROP 10 passes, my Land lady can make me leave by raising the rent so high that I would have to move out, and I would have no where to go. No where...

BWAHAHA!!!!  Here is the world's tiniest violin playing my heart bleeds for you so badly if I had a band aid I'd swallow it.

Embrace the suck, dummie!  Embrace it long and hard!!!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:35 PM »

Rent Ceiling in New York City
https://microecono.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/rent-ceiling-in-new-york-city-3/

In New York City, they have their rent ceiling since 1947. According to Harmons’ lawsuit, it states that the rent ceiling price for New York City is around $1000 in 2008 which is 60% below the market price. When the rent ceiling is set below the equilibrium price, it actually causes shortage. Rent ceiling leads to decrease in supply by the landlords and the rental units will be scarce when rent ceiling is imposed. It can be proven by the graph below as it shows the shortage occurs when rent ceiling in New York City is imposed.

Rent ceiling also creates black market as the landlords will find a way to go against the rent ceiling. Black market is an illegal transaction between renters and tenants which go beyond the legal limit price set by the governments. When the rent ceiling is imposed, the availability of rental units will be limit because the landlords are not willing to rent their houses. However, some of the renters will be desperate to rent the houses and the landlords will take this opportunity to offer in a high price which against the rent ceiling. Due to desperation, some of the renters are willing to pay at the price that offered by the landlords. For example, the renters are willing to pay $ 2,800 per month which offered by the landlords even though the legal price is only at $ 1,000 per month because rent ceiling causes limited availability of rental units.  From this, there will be reduction consumer surplus and producer surplus occur. Consumer surplus is the benefit received more than the price they paid for it. For example, the renters who involved in black market do not have to spend a lot of time searching and other resources like petrol expenses to search for a house. Producer surplus is the amount received more than the equilibrium price or the cost of production. For example, the legal rent price is at $1000 but some of the renters are willing to pay $2,800 for the rent and it is higher than the equilibrium price. Thus, the landlords will gain extra profit. Deadweight loss will also occur because the quantity of housing supplied is less than the equilibrium quantity. The deadweight loss is loss to the society because rent ceiling causes shortage which makes the nations unable to rent a house.

Price Control – Price Ceiling
https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/price-ceiling/

Over the long-run, however, rent control decreases the availability of apartments, since suppliers do not wish to spend the money to build more apartments when they cannot charge a profitable rent. Landlords not only do not develop any more apartments, but they also do not maintain the ones that they have, not just to save costs but also because they do not have to worry about market demand since there is excessive demand for rent-controlled apartments. Hence, excess demand and limited supply lead to a massive shortage.

Since there is a shortage, lines will form and/or black markets will emerge. The effect of a black market is that the government will face losses regarding revenues received from taxation. Goods traded on the black market are not registered hence no records will be available for tax collection.

The quality of products, in the long run, might worsen as producers are tempted to use cheaper factors or cut corners. Similarly, in the rental market, landlords may not want to maintain their apartments when the apartments are under rent control.

Price ceiling causes shortages and can ruin communities and lead to a black market. That would of been very detrimental for California.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:43:20 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du