Author Topic: Germans vs. Americans. Kentuck  (Read 1321 times)

Offline CC27

Germans vs. Americans. Kentuck
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:02:34 AM »
kentuck (88,889 posts)

Germans vs. Americans

Did Hitler have policies, that many German people supported, even though...?

..they personally disapproved of his personal attributes? For example, did they approve of the Volks Wagen (the Folks Car) because it would create jobs and help their economy? They did not like Hitler standing in front of the world and screaming and preaching the way he did. But otherwise, they could put up with him?

I was not there. I can only imagine the political environment in parts of Germany at that time. They were only beginning to recover from their WWI tragedy. They had been decimated and embarrassed in front of the world.

Is there any kind of parallel with the American people in today's political environment?

We hear many Republicans in Washington say that they don't always agree with their President and they are not afraid to speak up when they do disagree. That seems to be their basic response.

But when they do agree with his "tax policies" and "defense spending" and "Supreme Court Justices", they question their own moral failings?

That they then can agree with his policies but distance themselves on some personal issues of "character"? Is that possible?

This is not to say that Donald Trump is not like Adolph Hitler, but that the American people may be - somewhat - like the German people of that time?

Just a theory. Open for discussion.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211292178

Enough with hitler already. **** off.

Offline SVPete

Re: Germans vs. Americans. Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »
kentuck (88,889 posts)

Germans vs. Americans

Did Hitler have policies, that many German people supported, even though...?

..they personally disapproved of his personal attributes? For example, did they approve of the Volks Wagen (the Folks Car) because it would create jobs and help their economy? They did not like Hitler standing in front of the world and screaming and preaching the way he did. But otherwise, they could put up with him?

I was not there. I can only imagine the political environment in parts of Germany at that time.

The imagining part is obvious.  And kt didn't even learn a little German from "Hogan's Heroes": "Volk" = "People", i.e. the "People's Car".

If popularity = Hitler, remember that Obama was popular. But Obama didn't get the economy going, so I guess he isn't Hitler.

As for Hitler's bete noir, The Joooooooooooooos antisemitism is ascendant among Progs, not Rs or conservatives.

Oh! And concentration camps ... Hitler had Dachau operating two months after becoming Chancellor. Trump has been President for 21 months, where's his Dachau?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline _eek

• Mule skinning gun nut
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Howdy.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
 It's another facet of the lazy and shallow thinking that has taken over the "Liberal" thought process.

There are more parallels to Spain in the early 30's than to the Wiemar Republic. Even more to the US in the 1850s, not to say that we are remotely close to ANY of those scenarios.

The immediacy of information, the purposeful indoctrination and progressive tendency to project their own malignancy on to any opposition has us in a completely new paradigm. The "free thinking" and "fairness" minded liberal today is truly an empty vessel, longing to be led, to stand up to any injustice, even one that doesn't exist, no ESPECIALLY one that doesn't exist because they are at the core, lemmings and cowards, virtue signalling each other in a circle jerk of posturing.

Those people are the reason I have drawn back all my support for the Party, and actively foment against them.

s=k.log W  ... but in truth there are only atoms and the void

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:21 AM »
That they then can agree with his policies but distance themselves on some personal issues of "character"? Is that possible?
It did not stop democrats from supporting Billy Jeff even when they knew he was kind of rapey.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:42:50 AM »
It's another facet of the lazy and shallow thinking that has taken over the "Liberal" thought process.

There are more parallels to Spain in the early 30's than to the Wiemar Republic. Even more to the US in the 1850s, not to say that we are remotely close to ANY of those scenarios.

The immediacy of information, the purposeful indoctrination and progressive tendency to project their own malignancy on to any opposition has us in a completely new paradigm. The "free thinking" and "fairness" minded liberal today is truly an empty vessel, longing to be led, to stand up to any injustice, even one that doesn't exist, no ESPECIALLY one that doesn't exist because they are at the core, lemmings and cowards, virtue signalling each other in a circle jerk of posturing.

Those people are the reason I have drawn back all my support for the Party, and actively foment against them.

I recall a few of our conversations over at the Jr DUmp...did you not identify yourself as a liberal over there?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline _eek

• Mule skinning gun nut
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Howdy.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
I recall a few of our conversations over at the Jr DUmp...did you not identify yourself as a liberal over there?

Yes.
Not now or ever a Liberal. I have some classical liberal ideals and positions, but I ALWAYS default to personal freedom, even when it sucks.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »
Cool.  Just checking my memory.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Antisemitism isn't what mainly brought the Nazis to power, though there was always an element of it in their ideology which was easily overlooked as something else since the leadership of their mortal enemies, the Communists, was disproportionately Jewish, and aligned with Germany's biggest external threat, the USSR.  It only came out in its undisguised fullness after they'd irrevocably seized power through a remarkable and unique confluence of factors, not all of their own making, at which point the remaining 2/3 of the divided electorate was along for the ride, like it or not.

Kentuck has the typical internet poster's understanding of history, i.e. he doesn't know much of anything except rando factoids and myths he's picked up from other people who are just as ignorant as he is.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »
......They were only beginning to recover from their WWI tragedy. They had been decimated and embarrassed in front of the world.....

Actually DUmbtuck, The geo-political space known as 1920s Republic of Germany wasn't decimated, in-fact it really wasn't touched at all. Not like Belgium and France (among others) that were truly decimated in the physical sense. Add to that the human and economic loss of the allied countries England, Canada, Australia and the US plus others.

Commenting on the decision to stop the allied armies at the German border and agree to a cease fire instead of invasion, French General Charles Mangin stated  "No no no!...You do not finish war's like this!...It is a fatal error and France will pay for it!"

BTW it was a liberal democrat president (Wilson) that got the US into WW1.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline _eek

• Mule skinning gun nut
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Howdy.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 10:24:47 AM »
Antisemitism isn't what mainly brought the Nazis to power, though there was always an element of it in their ideology which was easily overlooked as something else since the leadership of their mortal enemies, the Communists, was disproportionately Jewish, and aligned with Germany's biggest external threat, the USSR.  It only came out in its undisguised fullness after they'd irrevocably seized power through a remarkable and unique confluence of factors, not all of their own making, at which point the remaining 2/3 of the divided electorate was along for the ride, like it or not.

Kentuck has the typical internet poster's understanding of history, i.e. he doesn't know much of anything except rando factoids and myths he's picked up from other people who are just as ignorant as he is.

The Jews were a convenient OTHER, and as you said linked with the Bolsheviks due to so many Jews being involved in communist expansion. Many in the Spartakustbund were Jews, one of its greatest martyrs was Rosa Luxemburg, and the dark period of the Wiemar republic had pretty much divided the political radicals into Freikorps and the KPD.. . There was also a historic precedent in scapegoating Jews going back over a thousand years.
    They were an easy mark, and an obvious sub group in the country.  Untrusted by many and surrounded by an air of intrigue and secretive machinations many were willing to believe was sinister. The Russians creation of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion had led to a resurgence in Antisemitism just 30 years before, and the belief that the Wiemar was led by Jews and had betrayed the country at Versailles were other hot button issues to be played up by the Nazi's as they worked to unify political power.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »
Oh! And concentration camps ... Hitler had Dachau operating two months after becoming Chancellor. Trump has been President for 21 months, where's his Dachau?

It’s currently being built under Mar-el-Lago . . . :whistling: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »
It’s currently being built under Mar-el-Lago . . . :whistling: :tongue:

You mean that's not a hurricane shelter?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.