Author Topic: I feel stupid asking this  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I feel stupid asking this
« on: October 18, 2018, 05:57:36 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211291941

DUmmie asks a question none of the other DUmmies can answer, but TRUMP!! Collusion, 5th Ave. shooting public, idiots still vote for!!   :rotf:

Thu Oct 18, 2018, 01:29 AM
Star Member oldtime dfl_er (6,192 posts)

but what exactly did Khashoggi know that required his murder?

The Velveteen Ocelot (65,273 posts)

1. It wasn't that he knew things; it was that he was a journalist

who was critical of the Saudi regime.

oldtime dfl_er (6,192 posts)

2. Yes, but

the extreme brutality of the torture and subsequent murder implies, at least to me, that they wanted to get information out of him... otherwise why not just shoot him or something? I can't see that this was a warning to other critics, because they tried to cover it up and hide it.

It's so gruesome and horrid to talk about but it feels bigger than "just" that he was a critic.

RockRaven (1,835 posts)

7. You don't "just shoot him" if you just want him to suffer. That's totally sufficient an explanation,

as sickening as it may be.

Authoritarians don't live and let live. They don't leave well enough alone. They care not about efficiency, or merely achieving the end with a middling indifference to the means. They stomp and stomp and stomp on your neck. In order to be stomping on your neck, if they decide you deserve it. Just because.

Cicada (2,490 posts)

4. He recently called for the end of the war in Yemen

That got him killed

ecstatic (23,673 posts)

8. Nothing required his murder. trump&co are just flaunting their power now

They are convinced they can do whatever they want and get away with it. So far, that seems to be the case, but I think they overplayed their hand this time. The MSM knows that if this could happen to Khashoggi, it could happen to any of them as well. They're not going to let this go.

IMO, trump exchanged Khashoggi for the evangelical preacher's release. Someone promised Khashoggi that he would be safe. We need to hear more about who promised that and why.

I don't think it ever occurred to any of the conspirators that Khashoggi's disappearance would get so much attention. "He's not even a citizen!!11" That's how stupid they are. SMFH.

Can we all take a moment to  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at this dumb ass ^^^^^^^   :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: I feel stupid asking this
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:03:16 AM »
Thu Oct 18, 2018, 01:29 AM
Star Member oldtime dfl_er (6,192 posts)

but what exactly did Khashoggi know that required his murder?

That hilliary and obama rigged the election. :-)

It is another clinton suicide.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:08:16 AM »

^5!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »

Makes more sense than any theory the DUmmies offered up.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 01:57:33 PM »
Seems to me that every DU thread should start off "I feel stupid" 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »

Are you saying that he had information that would lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?  I'm down for believing that, but why would the Saudis do it?  Why wouldn't he off himself in Marcy Park with two rounds to the back of the head like all the others?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 12:51:17 PM »
Are you saying that he had information that would lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?  I'm down for believing that, but why would the Saudis do it?  Why wouldn't he off himself in Marcy Park with two rounds to the back of the head like all the others?

Obviously an overachiever...

2 rounds to the back of the head is too easy, he went full professional and hacked himself to pieces instead... :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.