Author Topic: poll: is Skins.....  (Read 3779 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: is Skins.....
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
Of course it's based only upon gut instinct, but I've had this sense that Skins lost interest in DU Jr. a very long time ago, and is letting it wither away on the vine--right at that time it promises to become one of the coolest, hottest message boards on the internet.

It's kind of different now, as compared when the Obamaites were riding high on the hog, and dominated it.  Those on the other side of the aisle still dominate it, but this side of the aisle's been represented recently by a not-unsubstantial plurality.

And one grievously misses the MrsCorpio primitive, who before the last elections provided decent and civilized people with about a third, maybe even a half, of the rollicking laughs there, his stupidity humorously trying to masquerade as genius.

Right now, the comedy relief is principally provided by the lorgnette-and-pearls crowd, primitives who haughtily look down upon us with sneering condescension, for no good reason believing they're smarter than we are.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: poll: is Skins.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »
until Hillary starts to run again DU and DUlite will be nothing more than a forgotten unwanted stepchild...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 11:47:21 PM »
Yes he is. He diďn't expect the lefty minions to fare so poorly.   
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:49:50 PM »
Skinner has pretty much given up on his creation.

Skinner's Profile

Profile information

Hometown: Washington, DC
Home country: USA

About Skinner

Statistics and Information

Account status: Active
Number of posts: 63,348
Number of posts, last 90 days: 1
Favorite forum: General Discussion, 1 posts in the last 90 days (100% of total posts)
Favorite group: NA
Last post: Thu Aug 30, 2018, 09:33 AM

Jury
Willing to serve on Juries: No
Chance of serving on Juries: 81% (explain)

Without any announcement, he shut down the Ask the Administrator forum which could be publicly viewed.  I think he was embarrassed by the fact that 90% of the posts were unanswered and even the DUmmies were grumbling about the lack of feedback from the Admins.  Now when you click on Ask the Administrator it takes you to a canned PM, which can be more easily ignored without providing a public record of his lack of interest in Primitive poo-throwing.  I suspect the only energy he devotes to the site is to ensure it still has a positive cash flow.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:44:39 AM »
I think DU, jr was where he and some others thought DU would finally defeat us Rethuglicans with their superior intellect...only to find out there's some real truth to the name we've given them...DUmmies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 11:22:25 AM »
Hi, Frank. I have nothing to say on the subject.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 11:47:59 AM »
Will, that is generally ALL your posts. much ado about nothing.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »
Frank, please thank our friend for his prompt reply on your behalf to my very first post. Hope you are well. Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes to your good friend Mr. Skinner as well.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »

Whoa.  You were banned over there, on DU Jr.?

I had no idea, but you don't show up on the membership list.

Obviously--quite obviously--I missed out on something.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 12:18:47 PM »
3 weeks ago, I had 0 hides. Somebody posted an O.P. in the "Help" forum, ""Let's give Will Morningstar what he wants:  5 hides". They tried for 5 in 6 hours, on my 1st anniversary on the site. Go read it. 1,300 views. Quite entertaining.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
Of course it's based only upon gut instinct, but I've had this sense that Skins lost interest in DU Jr. a very long time ago, and is letting it wither away on the vine--right at that time it promises to become one of the coolest, hottest message boards on the internet.

It's kind of different now, as compared when the Obamaites were riding high on the hog, and dominated it.  Those on the other side of the aisle still dominate it, but this side of the aisle's been represented recently by a not-unsubstantial plurality.

And one grievously misses the MrsCorpio primitive, who before the last elections provided decent and civilized people with about a third, maybe even a half, of the rollicking laughs there, his stupidity humorously trying to masquerade as genius.

Right now, the comedy relief is principally provided by the lorgnette-and-pearls crowd, primitives who haughtily look down upon us with sneering condescension, for no good reason believing they're smarter than we are.

If you look at the last new and active user, it was May 6th. He's disabled the registration process too.

This was the last person to successfully complete registration:

About karmamax
Statistics and Information
Account status: Active

so yea... DI is on it's way out I'm pretty sure

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 03:12:58 PM »
3 weeks ago, I had 0 hides. Somebody posted an O.P. in the "Help" forum, ""Let's give Will Morningstar what he wants:  5 hides". They tried for 5 in 6 hours, on my 1st anniversary on the site. Go read it. 1,300 views. Quite entertaining.

Greetings and welcome!

I've been on Internet discussion forums for over 20 years and seen some weird and dumb things. What was done to you would qualify, IMO, as both.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 04:08:42 PM »
Greetings and welcome!

I've been on Internet discussion forums for over 20 years and seen some weird and dumb things. What was done to you would qualify, IMO, as both.

the idiots over there doing that crap aren't thinking... they are slowly but surely whittling away at what are no irreplaceable posters... destroying the site FOR skinner.
A few more months of this and the only people left will just be posting stupid youtube music video links

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
I kept thinking DI would grow after the 2016 Election. It has not happened.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
And I'm equally afraid to post here. Read the first reply to my first post here. An insult, and "negative appreciations".

It's more of the same. The same people who did it there are also here. (And I'm just stating a fact. I'd better tiptoe. Wouldn't want to "talk back". Then I'd be accused of "whining" (a filthy nasty insult I've heard far too often for my taste).

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
And I'm equally afraid to post here. Read the first reply to my first post here. An insult, and "negative appreciations".

It's more of the same. The same people who did it there are also here. (And I'm just stating a fact. I'd better tiptoe. Wouldn't want to "talk back". Then I'd be accused of "whining" (a filthy nasty insult I've heard far too often for my taste).

Will, this is a very hard place to get banned from. They've been putting up with me for years, :-) .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »

Welcome Will.  You were generally civil at DU jr., at least to myself.

This joint can be enjoyable as long as one behaves.  Not to toe an ideology line.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2018, 05:42:03 PM »
Thanks to all my well-wishers.

As for Discussionist, I let them do that, and I made people watch. Psychopaths have readily identifiable characteristics, and they're easy to spot. Websites that disrespect their terms of service select for psychopaths.

Don't worry about me. I have a core of iron, and I've dealt with psychopaths before, in the real world. Just because I was new to the internet, I'm not new.

And those who did that, and have taken over the site, are not conservatives. Conservatives want to convince us. Psychopaths want to kill us. Conservatives simply want to preserve what is. Psychopaths want to destroy it.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 07:36:34 AM »
Interesting. The surviving Liberals on Discussionist are now following my lead, and self-deleting throughut entire threads, so they can't be alerted-out by Qukid in cooperation wth the ultrafar right.

As you know, Frank, I could have kept up the game until December 19, when all my 4 same-day bogus hides expired. Instead, I let them take me out at a time and place of my choosing, in a way none could deny. Change is coming there. And not for the worse.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 04:29:58 PM »
DIU UPDATE Sun 7 Oct 2018 17:30 EDT:

There's rebellion brewing at DI. The swarm-alerters and their sidekicks are getting very defensive. People self-deleting right in their faces is driving them nuts.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »
DIU UPDATE Sun 7 Oct 2018 17:30 EDT:

There's rebellion brewing at DI. The swarm-alerters and their sidekicks are getting very defensive. People self-deleting right in their faces is driving them nuts.

you're on the wrong track, Will.
what they are doing is posing vile, disgusting comments and then deleting them before they can get a hide for it. there's nothing heroic about it. they are just acting like a typical, hate-filled juvenile... and they are all lefty... all of them

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
you're on the wrong track, Will.
what they are doing is posing vile, disgusting comments and then deleting them before they can get a hide for it. there's nothing heroic about it. they are just acting like a typical, hate-filled juvenile... and they are all lefty... all of them

They're only doing that because they watched a few people post vile, disgusting comments to me for 13 months, right out in the open, with no consequences. During that time, all the normal people on the site watched me reach out to thoughtful conservatives, listen to them, agree with them whenever possible, and try to raise the tone.

DI viewers responded by giving me more clicks than any other poster. When the "death squad"" (Qukid and the far right, both of whom wanted me gone) posted a series of O.P.'s about me on the occasion of my 1st anniversary on the site, an O.P. was published in the "Help" Forum entitled, "Let's Give Will Morningstar What He Wants: Five Hides". I had zero (0) hides at that time. They tried for 5 in 6 hours; got 4 in 5 days.

I began self-deleting everything within 4 to 7 minutes, as my each and every post was being alerted, for the next 2 weeks. The surviving Liberals followed my lead. I could have kept this up until December 19th, when all 4 same-day deathsquad hides expired. Instead, I made a statement by my actions, which always speak louder than words:

I posted in (name withheld)'s "Let's Give Will Morningstar What He Wants: Five Hides", O.P., and did not self-delete. Good and decent conservative poster Summer joined me there, and we had a pleasant conversation. It took the deathsquad less than an hour to remove my 5th innocent post.

This thread now has almost 3,000 views. All Liberals are now quitting Discussionist. And the instigators have now published 6 O.P.'s whining about it.

They wanted a Liberal-Free environment. They got one. Now they can't stop crying about it. And I still get more views in death than they get in life.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »
They're only doing that because they watched a few people post vile, disgusting comments to me for 13 months, right out in the open, with no consequences. During that time, all the normal people on the site watched me reach out to thoughtful conservatives, listen to them, agree with them whenever possible, and try to raise the tone.

DI viewers responded by giving me more clicks than any other poster. When the "death squad"" (Qukid and the far right, both of whom wanted me gone) posted a series of O.P.'s about me on the occasion of my 1st anniversary on the site, an O.P. was published in the "Help" Forum entitled, "Let's Give Will Morningstar What He Wants: Five Hides". I had zero (0) hides at that time. They tried for 5 in 6 hours; got 4 in 5 days.

I began self-deleting everything within 4 to 7 minutes, as my each and every post was being alerted, for the next 2 weeks. The surviving Liberals followed my lead. I could have kept this up until December 19th, when all 4 same-day deathsquad hides expired. Instead, I made a statement by my actions, which always speak louder than words:

I posted in (name withheld)'s "Let's Give Will Morningstar What He Wants: Five Hides", O.P., and did not self-delete. Good and decent conservative poster Summer joined me there, and we had a pleasant conversation. It took the deathsquad less than an hour to remove my 5th innocent post.

This thread now has almost 3,000 views. All Liberals are now quitting Discussionist. And the instigators have now published 6 O.P.'s whining about it.

They wanted a Liberal-Free environment. They got one. Now they can't stop crying about it. And I still get more views in death than they get in life.

Will, you really need to stop obsessing over it. That's how you wound up here in the first place. Yes, I agree with you. Wha thappened was wrong, and it was childish. They do the same thing to me.  I tried explaining this a few times... if you show your open wounds, they will start buying their salt by the ton. this is the internet. You are expecting people to extend courtesy and show integrity... things that some people simply don't have, and no amount of beating on that dead horse is going to fix it... it will only keep the salt pouring.
Your DI account is dead, done, gone... and you're more likely to win the lottery than to get it back. Let it go man
take it how you wish, and I mean it in a constructive manner, but this approach isn't going to make things better.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
Yes, FZ, this is the internet. I avoided the place for decades, until I decided I really needed to get with the times, and recognize its power for good and for ill.

Who said I wanted the account back? If I cared about the account I'd have kept it, and there's nothing those psychos could have done. They wanted to kill the site, so I let them, and let folks watch. I took scereenshots for my own future use as an instructive example.

I joined DI because of the complaints I'd heard about it, and because it's the worst site I could find. I stayed because of the many fine people I did find there, who were willing to brave that cesspool. My survival, and the many friends I made, helped me prove some theories I've been working on re counter-infn warfare.

I'm interested in the bigger picture, of how the internet and social media can still be a force for good, despite the perverts and those who would weaponize it and make it corrupt and unsafe.