Author Topic: David Hogg, After Parkland  (Read 889 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
David Hogg, After Parkland
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »
David Hogg, After Parkland
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/david-hogg-is-taking-his-gap-year-at-the-barricades.html

It is a log article. This one stuck out.

In the past five months, Hogg has developed political opinions on just about everything. He is against charter schools and for universal health care. He is obsessed with Mueller’s investigation and especially the indictment of Maria Butina, the alleged Russian spy who infiltrated the NRA. He believes that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is “a future president of the United States.” He is interested in the idea of placing age limits on politicians. “The reason Republicans are successful right now is because they’re empowering young people,” he told me, pointing out that Paul Ryan was 45 when he became Speaker of the House. “Older Democrats just won’t move the **** off the plate and let us take control. Nancy Pelosi is old.” I am old enough to be Hogg’s mother, and pushed back on the idea that age equals ineptitude. Later, he posted a survey on Twitter. “I had an interesting conversation today when the question of congressional age limits came up. Do you think there should be an age limit on congressmen, congresswomen, and congressthem?” Of more than 33,000 votes, 59 percent said yes.

His antenna for adult hypocrisy has made it especially difficult to find a comfortable vision of a future self — he sees so few real-life examples of the kind of politician he aspires to be. Bernie Sanders: “A great guy, terrible on guns.” Obama: “He increased drone warfare and killed a lot of civilians.” Hogg’s mother says that from birth her son has been an old soul and preternaturally mature. But sometimes he thinks and speaks exactly like a teenager. “Honestly, they all kind of suck,” he said.

He hates Nancy Pelosi and older Democrats. He is a fan of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. He is very profane.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: David Hogg, After Parkland
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:52 AM »
He is indeed the next Cindy Sheehan.
Someone the Dems will try and use to tug at people's heartstrings to build support for the Dems' policies. Then, when he/ she gets too big for his/ her britches and turns against the Dems (i.e. Sheehan running for Pelosi's seat some years ago, and now Hogg talking smack about her and other Dems), they'll drop him/ her in a heartbeat and allow him/ her to fade into obscurity.