Author Topic: The new "QuickJack"  (Read 9357 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
The new "QuickJack"
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
I've been sitting and refreshing the FedEx tracking page for over a week, anxiously awaiting my newest tool.
Since it has met my expectations, I thought I would share.
The unit is 3 pieces, 2 jacks and a pump... all connected with leak-proof quick couplers.
This is the 5K pound cap unit, and you are seeing it in it's max lift height.
It's not as solid as settling on blocks and timber, but it's plenty safe to feel comfortable rolling around underneath the car.
It does wobble a little bit, largely because of the rubber blocks used on the pinch weld rails, but I assume someone determined enough could push it over sideways if they had to. I wouldn't use these to drop a transmission or anything that required heave-duty yanking etc, but I'm also overly paranoid.
The system has a safety lock bar on each side. as you see it, its all resting on the steel lock bars without any pressure on the hyd. system as recommended.
Overall I'm quite happy with it. When retracted, each jack is roughly 3" tall, and can easily be hung on a wall hook, which is exactly what I intend to do. Nice and portable... they even have a 12v pump system available if you choose that option.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: The new "QuickJack"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »
It looks a lot safer than some things I've seen people use to jack up vehicles.

But no matter; stay cautious.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »
It looks a lot safer than some things I've seen people use to jack up vehicles.

But no matter; stay cautious.

As silly as this may sound, the main reason for buying it was for cleaning and detailing my vehicles.
I'm old and my back isn't what it used to be. This gets the car another foot and a half off the ground so i can more easily do buffing and waxing. I can sit on my little roll-around and do the work without being so hunched over for hours on end.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
As silly as this may sound, the main reason for buying it was for cleaning and detailing my vehicles.
I'm old and my back isn't what it used to be. This gets the car another foot and a half off the ground so i can more easily do buffing and waxing. I can sit on my little roll-around and do the work without being so hunched over for hours on end.

I'd love something like that but our small house doesn't have a garage.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
Looks pretty cool to me!  Glad you found a product that does what you expected it to do.  Rare thing these days.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 06:05:33 PM »
looks similar to the pneumatic jacks that the pro racers are using called projacks

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 09:08:38 AM »
I'd love something like that but our small house doesn't have a garage.

Thats the beauty of this, it's portable. All you need is an extension cord!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
looks similar to the pneumatic jacks that the pro racers are using called projacks

We used to use something similar back in the days when I was working on a local USAC team. Ours weren't pneumatic or even powered though. They were basically a lever-rack rig... easy to make yourself out of lightweight pipe. You ram one end under the chassis and depending which end of the car, one or two guys push down on the handle and rock the car up like a fulcrum. Not safe for doing major stuff or anything involving getting under the car, but awesome for quick tire changes. It was unfortunately bulky and heavy though... and had to be assembled trackside and torn back down at the end of the night to get it in the trailer.
Of course we were a low budget operation...  so we had to make do with the hillbilly tools and equipment. Other teams had the nice toys...