Author Topic: Just try & comprehend this idiocy from DU jr  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Just try & comprehend this idiocy from DU jr
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:15:35 PM »
https://www.discussionist.com/10151794317

swifty
Revoking Brennan's clearance is an impeachable offense.
It's a high crime or misdemeanor, a clear abuse of authority. A president simply can't do what Trump did. He's not a dictator or a king, and acting like one is impeachable.

Anyone who thinks in that manner has clearly been hitting the liberal  :stoner: tonight.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

Re: Just try & comprehend this idiocy from DU jr
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:17:34 PM »
Response to CokeMachine1 (Reply #13)Fri Aug 17, 2018, 10:50 PM
swifty (6,942 posts)
15. You guys don't seem to understand fully that impeachment doesn't require breaking laws.

It only requires a high crime or misdemeanor
, and the definition of that fully includes abuse of power. What Trump did was a high crime or misdemeanor. He broke no law (possibly), but he committed a high crime or misdemeanor.

He should change his name to NotSoSwift.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 04:04:02 AM »
Nothing about the probable felony that Brennan committed . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 08:08:33 AM »
“Your Honor, I didn’t break the law, but what I did was a high crime or misdemeanor.”

:rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

No doubt one of the smartest primitives.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
Idiots.  But it doesn't take a crime to lose your clearance, simple integrity or reliability problems are more than sufficient...like Brennan and Clapper both demonstrated in episodes of lying to Congress (Actually perjury but the time limit to prosecute that ran out some time back). 

Of course, no reason is required to remove access, a reason is required to KEEP it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »
Idiots.  But it doesn't take a crime to lose your clearance, simple integrity or reliability problems are more than sufficient...like Brennan and Clapper both demonstrated in episodes of lying to Congress (Actually perjury but the time limit to prosecute that ran out some time back). 

Of course, no reason is required to remove access, a reason is required to KEEP it.

Further, lack of need is also sufficient for a clearance to be cancelled - e.g. a service member retiring, or a civilian employee who no longer works in the secure area of a civilian defense contractor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »
does anyone know who swifty is at the DUmp? 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
does anyone know who swifty is at the DUmp?

Gulliver.

He/she is a laughingstock and has no realization of it.
I suspect it is the result of a lot of box wine as Friday nights are rather common for it to suddenly determine some legal theory that would make Lazar Haas say "what the ****?" is profound. 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
Ditto the above.  "But I need my clearance to make myself more attractive to a contractor (so they don't have to spring for the whole thing)"  is simply not a valid reason.  It is done every day however.  People retire from DOD and go to work for a contractor carrying over their clearance.  (And lapsed former military are harder to clear than civilians usually because they have had numerous duty stations that need to be checked). 

Brennan should have never gotten as far as he did but the system has a propensity for promotion by the FUMU system.  (FUMU  or "How do I get rid of this PIA?"  "Promote him or move him to another department.")
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »
Gulliver.

He/she is a laughingstock and has no realization of it.
I suspect it is the result of a lot of box wine as Friday nights are rather common for it to suddenly determine some legal theory that would make Lazar Haas say "what the ****?" is profound.
The DUmp must be very proud that one of their own is schooling the conservatives at DU jr.  LOL

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 01:20:21 PM »
The DUmp must be very proud that one of their own is schooling the conservatives at DU jr.  LOL

I honestly believe swifty has a fetish for being humiliated.  No one can be that genuinely stupid. 
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
I honestly believe swifty has a fetish for being humiliated.  No one can be that genuinely stupid.

Last I looked, that thread has grown exponentially and several others have started.  Even leftists are laughing at swifty.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 07:44:34 PM »
... rather common for it to suddenly determine some legal theory that would make Lazar Haas say "what the ****?" is profound.

Oh, that is SO H5 worthy!

:hi5:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
Worth a row=over!   :lmao:  After much ridiculing, he or she keeps on trying.  Trying to sound all officious and legal:

Response to rampartb (Reply #8)
Sat Aug 18, 2018, 09:52 AM
swifty (6,956 posts)
76. I'm not saying he should be impeached over that (by itself).

I'm saying it is clearly impeachable. Attacking First Amendment rights by abusing the authority entrusted to the office of the Presidency is a high crime (or misdemeanor) of the first order.

of the first order.   :rotf:

And DUmmie keeps trying...

swifty (6,956 posts)
24. He can't act for improper reasons.

Trump can't order a banana from the White House chef if he intends to use the peel to make someone slip and fall down the stairs. You guys just don't understand that. He has his powers entrusted to him for use only for proper reasons.

:lmao:

What a great thread.