Author Topic: Lamond's long-awaited rant  (Read 3052 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Lamond's long-awaited rant
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210969893

Oh my.

One's left speechless by the utter literariness of it.

MrScorpio (69,809 posts)     Mon Aug 6, 2018, 04:14 PM

The other day I said that I was planning on writing an extended rant on a particular subject...

The one I had in mind was about toxic white entitlement, which I believe is not only a present day problem, I'm quite sure that it's been a huge problem since the inception of America.

I wanted to first reference Dr. Robin DiAngelo's newest book, "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism," before I stated my case. But I stopped by the local B&N, and lo and behold, it wasn't even in stock. I'm going to pick it up through Amazon eventually.

Now mind you, I was a bit pissed off at the time I made that earlier post. I recognized that then and I chose to wait a little time to both gather my thoughts, check references and calm down a bit. I have and I decided to just write a few points down, instead of writing a book.

The main point being is that it's quite clear that Donald Trump's ascendancy, on the backs of both a massive whitelash against the Obama years and with a fair bit of the Russian's declaring war on our democracy, was the quintessential moment of toxic white entitlement in the modern era.

The people who voted for him didn't care that he was a corrupt, unstable uncouth, inveterate con man with delusions of grandeur who just happened to be white. They voted for him because he was the one white man who openly embodied their utter contempt for Obama's black excellence.

The thing is that Trump, without his wealth, is nothing more than an incompetent, mediocre asshole, with his only saving grace to these people is the fact that he's a white guy who has utter contempt for people of color. He's pretty much the focal point of their misplaced anger for being mediocre white people themselves. He's encouraged them to attack scapegoats in the form of non-christians, immigrants and black and brown people.

The constant attempted proxy murders of black people by the police by whites is just the Trump cultists' way of exercising some self-appointed moral authority over our existence. Trump has pretty much used his existence in the White House to give these people that feeling of moral authority. They feel entitled to police black and brown people within their eyesight.

Dr. DiAngelo has referenced the almost pathological inability of most white people in this country to deal with racial stress. Because of what she's observed, she has labeled that phenomena "white fragility." One problem with white fragility is the fact that it inhibits white people from dealing with racism in general. I feel that this is also where toxic white entitlement comes in, because if something, like discussions about race, makes white people feel uncomfortable and white people singularly inhabit society's top socio-economic strata, then they feel that they're allowed to call the shots.

Shots like calling Black Lives Matters activists "racist," or declaring that America's "real" racial problem is actually their warped belief that white people are the real victims.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, speaking as a black person living in America, I know full well that everything that I've just laid out can be ignored and disputed even by well meaning white people. Hell, some of those same white people may be offended by the use of the phrase, "white people." As an aside, the reason for that is the notion that identifying whites as part of a social group is an affront to white individuality. But, I digress. The point is that toxic white entitlement is the basis for feeling that they can ignore the problem if some black guy brings it up.

I really don't expect Trump's lily white cult to be, in the least, self-reflective. Their toxic white entitlement has gone into overdrive, thanks to their great leader. Unfortunately. it has even spread to other venues of whiteness, such as gentrified liberal cities and even Canada. The problem is getting worse, not better. All they're doing is reacting to any racial stress that their feeling at any given time by calling the police as if the police was their personal help desk. That's pretty much a dangerous thing, because quite simply, it creates a path by which white people's self-imposed sense of moral authority over black and brown people can transform into legal authority. We've already been there with Jim Crow laws in this country in the past. We've had recent attacks on both the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act by Republicans.

Not only is Roe vs. Wade in jeopardy, so are those two pieces of landmark legislation as well.

We have the potential for a huge widening of the racial divide in this country and toxic white entitlement is the force behind it.

So, the last point that I want to make is the notion that until white people themselves realize that racism is actually a problem of, by and in behalf of white people, the problem is never going to go away. Toxic white entitlement needs to be recognized as a self-defeating phenomenon. With it, white people are quite willing to cut the noses off their own faces rather than confronting the reasons white they're suffering with racially-based stresses. That's not going to be easy, because these same people are completely entitled to ignore history, ignore the fact that they're the primary beneficiaries of a racially stratified society and that moving in this same direction is path by which we can dump America's egalitarianism as descend into despotism.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility.

America was built upon white entitlement, and that hasn't always been a bad thing. White people in this country have always had a sense of self-worth that they can do anything, like build a nation and defeat fascism. Of course, these same people went out of their way to routinely exclude people of color out of that same potential over the years. But, at least some progress was made before the white entitlement turned toxic.

In the present day, things that are filed under "Shit That Only White People Will Do" end up being things like calling the police on black and brown people who are minding their own damn business or ****ing with wild bison. I'm sure that we can do better.

White people need to do better.

That was basically it. Thanks for reading my little rant as it were and I hope that it resonated with you. I'm now going to leave you with a video of some white guy ****ing with a wild bison.

after which a youtube
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Lamond's long-awaited rant
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
Rants from narrow minded bigoted racists like Scorpio X are the reason why race relations are worse now than they were 30 years ago.

And why they won't get better any time soon.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »
So the Cliff Note verion of that screed is White people are racist or something.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 02:00:03 PM »
So the Cliff Note verion of that screed is White people are racist or something.  ::)

And they always have been and they always will be.

Oh yeah...and BLM isn't racist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism,"

Because it is a one sided rant from all you dissatisfied , disgruntled , racist, hate filled people on the left.
Besides we are F**KING tired of hearing it. nothing we can do other than give it all to you lazy ass holes will ever be enough, and in the end that won't satisfy you either.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 02:16:41 PM »
22 replies, 1632 views

Again, another example of reader ennui; that's an abysmally low proportion of primitive comments to the number of primives who've read it.

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Lamond isn't becoming the second William Rivers Pitt, who's day's been done for a while.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
**** you Lamond.  :bird:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »
White people need to do better.

And black people don't?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
before I stated my case. But I stopped by the local B&N, and lo and behold, it wasn't even in stock.

The only thing I got out of that case of verbal diarrhea is that Barnes and Noble still has brick and mortar stores.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »
... toxic white entitlement, which I believe is not only a present day problem, I'm quite sure that it's been a huge problem since the inception of America.

Well, Mr. Corpulent, if white people supposedly cannot possibly understand black, people, how can a black person like you claim to understand white people?

I wanted to first reference Dr. Robin DiAngelo's newest book, "White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism," before I stated my case. But I stopped by the local B&N, and lo and behold, it wasn't even in stock.

B & N is a store. It sells books to make a profit, and they only make a profit when books sell. If they don't have this book in stock that means they know it will not sell.

Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism

I had zero problems telling my children that racism is wrong and stupid. Years of our choices in churches, friends, and businesses made telling them this almost superfluous. My only mistake was not warning them that some non-whites are racists and act on it; one of my children learned this in an unpleasant way.

The people who voted for him didn't care that 1 he was a corrupt, unstable uncouth, inveterate con man with delusions of grandeur who just happened to be white. They voted for him because he was the one white man who openly embodied their utter contempt for 2 Obama's black excellence.

1 Mr. Corpulent has this reversed. Hillary is all that Mr. Corpulent imagines Trump to be.

2 Obama was not excellent, in any color.

The thing is that Trump, without his wealth, is nothing more than an incompetent, mediocre asshole ...

Ummmmm, Trump didn't inherit his entire wealth. His father was a successful and wealthy NYC businessman. Donald Trump inherited that, obviously, but multiplied his father's business 100- or 1000-fold into several international businesses. If that's "incompetence" and "mediocrity" the US could use far more of it. But, again and of course, Mr. Corpulent has reality reversal: it is Hillary who has few or no accomplishments in her own right - she rode Bill's coat tails into the Senate, with zero experience - and who is a bumbling incompetent.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:21:55 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
Again, another example of reader ennui; that's an abysmally low proportion of primitive comments to the number of primives who've read it.

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps Lamond isn't becoming the second William Rivers Pitt, who's day's been done for a while.

There are several reasons for the poor response.

1. it is over 3 sentences long

2. It doesn't have the word F**king at least 2 times in every sentence.

3. It doesn't mention reichwingers, Trump humpers, or MAGA

4. It isn't the usual hate filled screed that they post.

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
We all knew it would be race. He can't write about anything else. He has one playbook with one play.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
>White people need to do better.

And you need to get a brain, Moran.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »
The only thing I got out of that case of verbal diarrhea is that Barnes and Noble still has brick and mortar stores.

Me too, only I thought they didn't even exist.

So one point for lamont for being aware of at least one arcane, meaningless fact.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
What a racist asshole. I wish I knew him in real life, I’d piss him off every single day.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »
22 replies, 1668 views

:-)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »

Wow, what an insightful rant Mizzcorpio........not.

His rant in emojis  :blah: :blah: :blah: :beathorse:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »

The real truth to his rant is the dem lost the last election and the dummie cannot accept the fact that obumbles policies were the cause.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:25 PM »
Okay folks, so tell me; make a good guess.

Who's gonna be Lamond's choice for U.S. Senator from Michigan this election?

The incumbent white woman or the challenger black dude?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
Okay folks, so tell me; make a good guess.

Who's gonna be Lamond's choice for U.S. Senator from Michigan this election?

The incumbent white woman or the challenger black dude?

He'll back the white woman frank.  Remember my hypothesis about Dorkio...he HATES the fact he was born black, he WISHES he was white.  He has race envy.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:30 AM »
The constant attempted proxy murders of black people by the police by whites is just the Trump cultists' way of exercising some self-appointed moral authority over our existence.
Black people getting murdered by other black people seems like an actual problem.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:30:56 AM by FiddyBeowulf »
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »
Black people getting murdered by other black people seems like actual problem.

Even the reliably liberal Politifact acknowledges this. >90% of murders of blacks where the murderer's race is known are committed by blacks. That's higher than even I expected, since blacks are just ~1/8 of the US population.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
22 replies, 1682 views

It's a bust; nobody's even looked at it the past several hours.

Lamond's got to learn to let something be deemed awesome by his reading public, before he presumes to announce it's awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
And black people don't?

Remember it is un-possible for blacks to get good jobs, because, white people. Be racist, because, well, they are black and white people.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »
22 replies, 1690 views

Well, here it is, two days later.

Lamond's been a bust.....again.
apres moi, le deluge